Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops 0.5oz

Unstuff That Little Nose

Jun 3, 2005

Pros:Works in seconds! No more sniffs or snorts and an easy dropper bottle

Cons:None so far

The Bottom Line: Great drops for relieving the stuffy and congested noses associated with colds and allergies.

I accidentally purchased the Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops. My 6-month-old daughter was asleep in her carrier and I was trying to rush through the discount store to find the couple of things I needed so I could get home and put her down in her crib for her nap. It was what has come to be a typical spring day in New Jersey (rainy, damp, and with lots of pollen) and I had spent all morning trying to clean my daughter's stuffy nose with saline drops and an aspirator. She'd been stuffed up for a few days and it had started to affect her sleeping habits (a few nights she woke up crying and snorting) and her ability to nurse (she'd snort and breath heavy while nursing). I knew it was time to use something stronger than saline drops, especially since I couldn't see any mucus and my daughter was starting to hate the aspirator.

I had a bottle of Dimetapp Infant Drops Decongestant Plus Cough at home, but I didn't want to overmedicate my daughter. She didn't have a cough so I went to the store intending to buy the plain decongestant variety of infant drops that Dimetapp makes.

Unfortunately, the store I went to didn't carry either of the Dimetapp varieties, so I grabbed the first decongestant-only OTC medication I saw that was specifically for infants: Little Noses Decongestant Drops for Infants and Children. I did see one other, but it was double the price so I backed away.

The box states that these drops are "Pediatrician Recommended" and like other products made by Little Remedies, they contain "No Alcohol," "No Thimerosal (Mercury)," "No PPA (phenylpropanolamine)," and "No Harmful Preservatives." It also states that the drops work in seconds (which sounded too good to be true) to relieve stuffy noses from the common cold and from allergies.

Before bedtime, I read the box and put 1 drop in each of my daughter's nostrils. The directions advised to consult a physician for infants and didn't specify how much to give to a 6-month-old, but at our last checkup, our pediatrician had mentioned Little Noses and said to simply give the smallest dosage when giving my daughter any infant decongestant. (CONSULT YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING ANY MEDICATION).

The clear liquid squeezed out quickly (much quicker than the saline drops I use), so even though my daughter squirmed, I didn't miss. I let her lay on my lap for a few minutes to let them take effect and then I fed her. As if by magic, she didn't snort. Her breathing was normal while she nursed and she slept through the night. In the morning I checked her nose, and her airway was clear. No mucus, no snorting, no drippiness.

I've used the drops only one or two times since then, but each time I have the same results: her nasal passages are cleared within minutes. The 1/2 oz. bottle will certainly last us a while.

I'm actually glad I made the mistake of buying nasal drops rather than oral decongestant drops. With the nasal drops, I only need to squeeze one into each of my daughter's nostrils and since they're going directly to the trouble spot, they take effect quickly. With oral drops, my daughter sometimes spits them out or they spill out of the side of her mouth. Plus when I release the dispenser, they sometimes get sucked back into it. I never know if my daughter is actually digesting enough medicine for it to work. And since she needs to digest the oral decongestant drops, they take longer to work.

I am very happy with the Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops I purchased. They don't contain unnecessary additives, they didn't sting, they worked quickly (the box claims they relieve stuffy noses "within seconds"), and were safe enough for a 6-month-old.

FROM THE BOX LABEL:

DIRECTIONS
Children 2 to under 6 years (with adult supervision): 2 to 3 drops into each nostril, not more often than every 4 hours.
Children under 2 years of age: Consult a physician.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride USP 0.125% (nasal decongestant)

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Benzalkonium Chloride, Edetate Disodium, Glycerin, Polyethylene Glycol, Potassium Phosphate Monobasic, Purified Water, Sodium Phosphate Dibasic

1-800-7-LITTLE
www.littleremedies.com

Little Remedies Decongestant Nose Drops 0.5 Ounce

Little Remedies Decongestant Nose Drops 0.5 Ounce

When your little one gets the sniffles, clear them up with the Little Remedies Decongestant and Cough Suppressant. This oral medication has a greattas...
Toys R Us

Little Remedies Decongestant Nose Drops - 0.5 Ounce

Little Remedies Decongestant Nose Drops - 0.5 Ounce

When your little one gets the sniffles, clear them up with the Little Remedies Decongestant and Cough Suppressant. This oral medication has a great-ta...
Little Remedies Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops 15 mL

Little Remedies Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops 15 mL

Temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. Helps clear nasal passages; shrinks swollen ...
Vitacost.com

Sunmark Decongestant Nose Drops Extra Strength 1 oz

Sunmark Decongestant Nose Drops Extra Strength 1 oz

EasytoUseDispenseFastReliefFromNasalCongestionGlutenFree
Herbspro.com

1 oz, Sunmark Decongestant Nose Drops Extra Strength

1 oz, Sunmark Decongestant Nose Drops Extra Strength

Temporarily relieves nasal congestion: due to common cold; due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. Temporarily relieves stuffy nose. He...
Little Remedies 0.5-ounce Decongestant Drops

Little Remedies 0.5-ounce Decongestant Drops

Little Remedies products provide safe and effective formulas to support the health and well-being of your child. Safe and gentle, this formula works q...