Little Tikes Endless Adventures Easy Store Jr. Table

Little Tikes Endless Adventures Easy Store Picnic Table: Better Than A Table & Chair Set!

Apr 28, 2008

Pros:Safe & sturdy table, no chairs to tip over, neutral colors, portable, easy storage

Cons:May be hard to lock into place the first time

The Bottom Line: We love our Little Tikes Picnic Table and would recommend it to anyone looking for a children's table. It is the safest and best solution we found!

A few months ago we started looking for a sturdy table and chair set for our 1 and 3 year old boys. They had just started playing well together and loved to pretend they were having picnics. I decided it was time to get them a little table for their lunches, snacks, crafts, etc.

Why did I not buy a regular table & chair set? I endlessly researched different table and chair sets, but could not find anything that would be sturdy enough for both my boys and easy enough for my 1-year-old to use without help. It seemed like everyone was having problems with chairs tipping over when their younger kids would climb up on them. Others advised that the chairs created clutter because they were all over the house, dragged around by the kids. When I finally found the Little Tikes Endless Adventures Easy Store Picnic Table at Toys R Us, I bought it on the spot! It retails for $39.99, but they had a $10 off coupon they gave me. Great deal!

This picnic table solved all my problems! The seats are connected to the table, so there is no clutter and no chairs tipping over. Plus, the seats are low enough to the ground that my 13-month-old can sit down all by himself without any problems. The perfect solution!

The "easy" setup: Surprisingly, it was a little difficult to set the table up. The way it is advertised makes it look so easy to set up and take down. However, the two little plastic tabs underneath the table feel very flimsy and I was afraid I was going to break them as I pushed harder and harder to get them to lock into place. You are supposed to pull the table up into position and then rotate the two black tabs underneath the table about 90 degrees until they snap into the locking position. This keeps the table from collapsing as your kids are using it. I had to use a lot of force the first time, but both tabs did lock into place.

I was afraid it would always be that hard to set up or collapse the table, but when I tried it again later it was a piece of cake! The plastic must have just been too stiff when I bought it. I have heard about others experiencing the same problem when initially setting the table up, so just be prepared to play around with it for a couple minutes.

Features of the table: The table is made with very durable and sturdy plastic. I can even sit on it without any problems! It has neutral colors for both boys and girls. The table is called "Endless Adventures Easy Store Picnic Table" because it is durable enough to last for many years and can easily be stored when not in use.

To collapse the table for storage you simply pull the two black tabs (located underneath the table by each side leg) out a little so they are no longer locked in place and then slide them 90 degrees so that they are up against the table. This unlocks the legs and allows the the table to slide down so it is flat. The process can be done within seconds, but requires just enough strength that you do not need to worry about your child being able to do it.

The table is advertised to "seat 4 children comfortably" but you could probably fit one or two more if they are smaller. The age range is 18 months to 5 years. There are no tools required to set up or take down the table and it can be used indoors or outdoors (we use ours inside). Our table did not come with an umbrella, but there is a small hole in the middle of the table so you can purchase one separately, if wanted.

Measurements: The table top measures 26.5 inches long by 16 inches wide by 2.5 inches thick. The seats (or benches) measure 27 inches long by 6 inches wide by just over 2 inches thick. The seats are 9 inches from the floor and the table is 18 inches from the floor.

Our Experience: Our little boys LOVE this table! They were so excited when we brought it home and are constantly using it. We decided to use it inside next to our bigger table in the dining room because that is where it gets the most use. They sit at their little table for lunch, snack time, coloring time, play time, and sometimes for dinner. It is so nice to not have to lift our baby into his highchair for every little snack or meal and then clean up his big messes. He can just climb onto the seat of the picnic table and sit comfortably there, leaving me a mess that is easy to wipe up (unlike the gooey messes and crumbs in the cloth highchair seat!).

One con that some people may see with having a picnic table instead of a regular table & chairs set is that the benches on the picnic table have no back to rest on. This has not been a problem for us. We put ours up against a wall so they have the option to lean back if they want, but they don't seem to have a preference.

This has been one of our best purchases and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good children's table.

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

Little Tikes Endless Adventures Easy Store Jr. Slide

Little Tikes Endless Adventures Easy Store Jr. Slide

The Little Tikes Endless Adventures Easy Store Jr. Slide is fun for kids and blends in with outdoor setting. The Little Tikes Endless Adventures Easy ...
Toys R Us

Little Tikes Endless Adventures Climb and Slide Castle

Little Tikes Endless Adventures Climb and Slide Castle

Product Details Easy climbing rock wall for beginners Adventurous crawl tunnel and hide out. Gentle slope slide for soft landings. Realistic steering ...
Easy Climbing Rock Wall For Beginners - Little Tikes Endless Adventures Climb and Slide Castle

Little Tikes Hide & Seek Climber & Swing

Little Tikes Hide & Seek Climber & Swing

Find playground structures at Target.com! Your kids will enjoy endless hours of fun play with the little tikes endless adventures swing along castle. ...

Product Information: Little Tikes Endless Adventures Climb and Slide Castl
Little Tikes Easy Store Junior Size Outdoor Play And Picnic Table For Kids

Little Tikes Easy Store Junior Size Outdoor Play And Picnic Table For Kids

Welcome to YaiSales FAQ Payment Feedback About Us Store Home in titles description Store Categories NEW Little Tikes Easy Store Junior Size Outdoor Pl...

Little Tikes Easy Store Junior Table With Umbrella- Free And Fast Shipping -

Little Tikes Easy Store Junior Table With Umbrella- Free And Fast Shipping -

FREE SHIPPING! Sized right for younger children, this indoor/outdoor table ?unlocks? and folds for portability or storage Stylish umbrella provides UV...

Little Tikes Creative Kids Shopping Cart

Little Tikes Creative Kids Shopping Cart

Give your child this Little Tikes Shopping Cart and watch the fun begin. Whether mowing the yard, cleaning the house or grocery shopping, children enj...

Little Tikes 2-in-1 Cozy Roadster

Little Tikes 2-in-1 Cozy Roadster

Get ready to hit the road with the Little Tikes 2-in-1 Cozy Roadster ! With the help of mom and dad, kids can zoom around in this fun character car!

Little Tikes Home and Garden Playhouse

Little Tikes Home and Garden Playhouse

The Little Tikes Home and Garden Playhouse is the fun fixerupper Bring out the doityourself skills in your kids They can build the fence and hang the ...
Toys R Us