Live at Texas Stadium

George Strait, Alan Jackson, Jimmy Buffet ~It's 5 O'Clock in Margaritaville!~

Apr 4, 2007 (Updated Apr 4, 2007)

Pros:You guessed it, George, Alan & Jimmy, pros indeed!

Cons:Well Kenny Chesney was not there...

The Bottom Line: One of a kind country treat from some Super Stars! Consider the party season started with a right note!

Finally this album hit the stores! This was recorded in Texas Stadium May 29, 2004 so it has been a while! As expected it is flying off the shelves as it should considering the names included. Just name George Strait is by now guaranteed gold status and heck, he deserves it!

Over here you can hear more playful and actually funny George, he is jazzing it up a bit which is a rare treat! Alan Jackson fits in stage with George without any problems and I bet there is not so many country singers who can do that! Jimmy Buffet makes sure you are enjoying the ride and just gives everything that smiley "life is good so live a little" feel.

15 songs, great vibe on stage and some awesome vocals included. Yes, you should go get it and party with the boys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole set:

Honk If You Honky Tonk 2:49

Starts with some hillbilly! Very pleasant sing along tune. Flows fluently and sounds good. Mostly George Strait.

Murder On Music 4:23

George invites Alan. What a great song! Crowd is going nuts. Slower tune, Alan is doing it very nasally and it works like a charm! You get a very comfy feel, these fellas sound like they truly enjoy doing this together! And yes, these guys ARE performers, not just studio musicians!

Milk Cow Blues 5:20

A what? Bluesing it up some, George does his thing. You gonna need me to milk some day.. Introducing the band, they truly do sound great and flawless together! Funny song, I'm glad they chose it, to be honest I've never heard it before! Great vocals!

Cowboys Like Us 4:03

Slow start, going to Mexico. It is so much fun to hear them singing about being cowboys! This actually could have been done in tad faster tempo, I feel like I'm starting to nod off and party just started!

All My Ex's Live In Texas 3:34

Jimmy Buffet shows up. He gets this party going! This song is so famous, you just HAVE to humm along. Sounds very, very good! You Tennessee boy, Yeah!

Hey Good Lookin' 4:11

They've had this video out long time ago. Such funny clip! I think it is better with a video, okay you'll get to hear Kenny Chesney and Toby Keith in that version so it did not hurt! Still a great tune and I wish I was there!

Sea Of Heartbreak 4:19

Let's feel sad together. Beautiful melody, almost aloha feel, I can see hula girls dancing this melody. Jimmy Buffet can sing quite well too may I add! How did I lose you, Oh where did I fail. Why did you leave me. Always to sail. Oh what I'd give to sail back to shore. Back to your arms once more..

Northeast Texas Women 3:58

Jimmy Buffet going solo. Funny lyrics but this is missing the "umph" factor. It just drags along little bit too much for me. I'm hoping Jimmy's voice would be tad more in front, everything just blends in a tad.

Boats To Build 3:04

Alan Jackson is spicing it up. He is outsinging Jimmy Buffet no question! They do sound good together though. Not the most memorable tune in my mind, where is George??

Margaritaville 4:38

You know they had to include this one! The group does justice for the song and if no other reason, this track justifies buying the album!

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere 3:57

Alan could sing this one perfectly in his sleep! Sounds just as good as in studio. They do the classic version and Jimmy joins in. Gotta still love it. In Margaritaville it is always 5 O'clock! Cheerleaders? =)

Designated Drinker 4:24

Another classic country tune. It is such a treat to hear George Strait singing his heart out! Alan & George show why they are the stars they are. Such charisma, no matter what the song is about. Eat your hearts out ladies!

Texas Women 2:52

Alan gets the spotlight. It is nice to have decent backup vocalists on stage! Great performance all the way around.

Seven Bridges Road 2:53

Streeeetching it out.This has that oldfashion banjo and long black train beat. They sound good, no problems holding a note! Very gospel feel, they are even going acapella!

Where I Come From 5:21

Pleasant ending. Again a timeless hit! Alan is a showman and he sings another flawless tune. It would have been nice to hear George and Jimmy sing this tune bit more too..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall solid album but I must say I expected even more. I hoped to hear them really compete with their vocals but it never truly happened. Yes there is some awesome moments but I did not need to hear the solo singing, I want some party tunes together!

I'm not crazy about the ending track, why such an upbeat tune to finish off? George Strait choose to not sing his biggest hits, it would have been great to hear Alan with him singing some more familiar tracks?

Jimmy Buffet is an organiser, I bet he is a great person and without him this album most likely would have not happened! He earned his spot on stage and anyway you look at it this CD is still must have to all true country music fans and one of a kind treat as is.

So Thanks a Ton everyone involved!

Oh, make sure you visit the http://liveattexasstadium.umusic.com/

You can listen some tunes and enter for a change to see one of them live!

Released April 2007 in MCA Nashville label. 59 minutes long.

Great Music to Play While: Hanging With Friends

Dallas Cowboys Texas Stadium seat

Dallas Cowboys Texas Stadium seat

from former home of the Dallas Cowboys... TEXAS STADIUM SEATSRemoved by us, stored indoors...no middle–men involved. What your order includes...
Archer Seating
Texas Stadium Tapered Crystal with Cowboys Final Season Logo

Texas Stadium Tapered Crystal with Cowboys Final Season Logo

This tapered dirt crystal is a must have for any Cowboys fan; it features the rubber filler and small bits of turf from the playing field at Texas Sta...
Texas Stadium Dallas Cowboys Mens Cuff Links Authentic Legendary Man Jewelry

Texas Stadium Dallas Cowboys Mens Cuff Links Authentic Legendary Man Jewelry

Authentic Texas Stadium Round Cuff Links Give him an incredible gift full of history sure to take him right back to the exciting sights and sounds of ...

Texas Stadium Aerial Shot 11x14 Turf Collage

Texas Stadium Aerial Shot 11x14 Turf Collage

Steiner Sports Texas Stadium Aerial Shot 11x14 Turf CollageCelebrate the legacy that is the Dallas Cowboys with this beautiful commemorative collage....
HSN

Texas Stadium Game Used Turf With Etched Glass Display Case and Nameplate

Texas Stadium Game Used Turf With Etched Glass Display Case and Nameplate

Commemorate the final season of Texas Stadium with an actual piece of turf from where the Dallas Cowboys played their home games. Also included is an ...
Toys R Us

Dallas Cowboys (Texas Stadium) seat with logo leg

Dallas Cowboys (Texas Stadium) seat with logo leg

from former home of the Dallas Cowboys... TEXAS STADIUM LOGO SEATSRemoved by us, stored indoors...no middle–men involved. Note: The photo is re...
Archer Seating
Framed Aerial NFL Stadium Images - Texas Stadium (Cowboys) - Frontgate

Framed Aerial NFL Stadium Images - Texas Stadium (Cowboys) - Frontgate

Our Framed Aerial Stadium Images make a great gift for the sports enthusiast. Choose from a large selection of college and professional stadiums, both...
Frontgate

Texas Stadium Wristlet

Texas Stadium Wristlet

Made from jersey fabric in official team colors. Measures 6.5 x 4.5 inches.
Texas Tech Stadium Seat

Texas Tech Stadium Seat

Find camping portable furniture at Target.com! Texas tech stadium seat

Steiner Sports Texas Stadium Framed 18 x 29 Turf Collage

Steiner Sports Texas Stadium Framed 18 x 29 Turf Collage

Steiner Sports Texas Stadium Framed 18x29 Turf CollageComemorate the end of an era with this panoramic photo of Texas Stadium. It comes framed in rich...
HSN