Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse: Great Place For A Quick Lunch!

Jul 14, 2006

Pros:Great food and service, reasonable prices!

Cons:Floor can get messy during peak times.

The Bottom Line: This is a great choice for a business lunch or family dinners with the kids!

Logan's Roadhouse arrived in Baton Rouge a couple of years ago with the completion of the new Mall of Louisiana. It is located right off the service drive to the entrance to the mall on Bluebonnet Blvd. The parking lot is packed no matter what time I pass by and that is one of the reasons it has taken me so long to venture in. However, a friend raved about the tender steaks so a friend and I made a lunch stop here earlier this week.

Atmosphere & Dining Room

Logan's Roadhouse is by no place a fancy place to eat. In fact, it is very laid back and decorated in a country style with lots of wood inside with decorated walls of signs, and other western artifacts. The structure of the location here in Baton Rouge is similar to a log cabin and the feel inside is totally laid back.

I was greeted with booming speakers playing loud new style country music when I stepped out of my vehicle. I told my friend that I hoped the volume was not as loud inside or we would never hear the other talking. Inside the volume was lower and a different music was playing although it was still country music but softer.

Logan's Roadhouse features mainly booth style sitting but there were also some small tables inside that would accommodate a party of 2 to 4. Each table is adorned with a metal bucket full of roasted peanuts to munch on while waiting for your order. Kids will love this place. Logan's doesn't mind peanut hulls on the floor so kids feel right at home here.

I found the dining room to be neat and presentable on our visit. We arrived at prime lunch time but did not have to wait for a table. Service was great. Our waitress was at our table within 2 minutes with menus. She was back within 5 minutes to take our orders and bring our drinks.

Food!

I ordered a Roadhouse Salad with mesquite grilled chicken($6.99) from the Lunch Menu and was very pleased with it. First of all it was huge. I could only eat about half of it. I ended up sharing with my friend, who ordered a cheeseburger but I also left salad on my plate. The chicken was grilled to perfection and was moist and tender. My salad was crisp and contained fresh tomatoes, boiled egg, onions, red cabbage, croutons, shredded cheese in two flavors, and lettuce topped with the grilled chicken. My friend chose a cheeseburger ($5.99) that came with Logan's homemade chips or french fries. She got the homemade chips. Her burger was also huge, fully dressed and looked very tasty. The chips must have not been very tasty because she left most of them on her plate.

Other items on the Express Lunch Menu were:

Fried Chicken Salad
San Antonio Chicken Wraps
Kickin' Logan's Chickin' Salad
Baked Sweet Potato & House Salad
Baby Back Ribs Basket (with fries)
Roadhouse Deluxe Burger

There were also a few more sandwich selections on the Express Lunch Menu. All of these items were in the $5.99 to $7.99 price range.

The dinner menu includes burgers, steaks, ribs, chicken, seafood, salads and Roadhouse combos.

Logan's Roadhouse also has a Kid's Menu with a choice of Chicken Tenders, Hamburger, Hot Dog, Grilled Cheese, Mac & Cheese, or Steak Tips. Each meal comes with french fries and a drink for under $5.00.

You will also find a full service bar at Logan's Roadhouse. I am guessing that this location is pretty popular for after work stops since it is in a busy business location.

Location Visited

Logan's Roadhouse
6571 Bluebonnet Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA

Phone: 225-757-9449

Recommendation

I enjoyed my lunch at Logan's Roadhouse and will certainly return to try out their baby back ribs and steaks. The atmosphere during weekday lunch was nice and relaxing. I am sure the place is busier in the evenings with more families there. The food was great and our service was also top notch. I give Logan's Roadhouse 5 Stars.