Logitech M505 (910001316) Wireless Mouse

Logitech Wireless Laser Mouse M505 with low profile receiver

Mar 9, 2011 (Updated Sep 28, 2011)

Pros:accuracy, and small receiver

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for an accurate mouse with a small receiver consider the Logitech M505 Wireless Laser Mouse.

I have had the Logitech Wireless Laser Mouse M505 for quite some time now. I mainly got it because of the small size of the receiver. I had one that was working fine but replaced it for the smaller receiver. I have to say that I am extremely happy with my purchase.

What you get with the Logitech M505
* Wireless Mouse M505
* Unifying Receiver
* 2 x AA Batteries
* Carrying Pouch
* User Documentation

Description

The mouse is what I would consider a standard size. Not the mini ones and not overly large. It fits well in my hand and has a nice weight to it. There is an on off switch on the bottom which can help to save on batteries if you remember to turn it off :-) I thought it was great that it came with the batteries to get you started. The small receiver only sticks out of my laptop less than a half inch. I love that I don't have to worry about it breaking or bending. I paid a little more for the mouse because of the small size receiver. It is your typical mouse with the left and right mouse buttons and a wheel to scroll. The total size of the mouse is about 4 inches long, 2.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches high in the tallest part. It really fits well in my hand and is comfortable to use for long periods of time without the hand cramping up.

Set Up

The set up is very easy with the Logitech M505. Basically all you do is plug it in, turn it on and the computer does all the work. I have windows and it took me just a minute for it to be functional. It works with Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7. I have Windows 7

Batteries
There is a lever to open the battery door on the bottom of the mouse. Also the light flashes red when your batteries are low. I have found that my mouse keeps working for quite some time after the light starts flashing so it gives you plenty of time to get new batteries before it will quit working. It takes 2 AA batteries that are included. According to the packaging batteries should last 15 months. I imagine that is with fresh batteries. I use the rechargeable ones in my mouse and it seems I get the worn out light more like every few months but perhaps it is the age of my rechargeable batteries.

Mouse functions and accuracy

I am not performing any major tasks just normal things and the mouse does a fine job. There are settings so that you can change the mouse pointer speed, or size of the pointer, as well as several other things that you may or may not need. I keep mine set to the fastest speed but depending on what surface you are using your mouse on it may go faster. I am usually sitting on the couch so the fastest speed seems to work best there. If I am at the kitchen counter it zooms too fast so I have to put a fabric place-mat for that. Overall I am happy with the accuracy of the mouse.

Warranty and Logitech Customer Service
The Logitech M505 has a 3 year warranty. I have had logitech products in the past that have failed and they honored their warranty and sent me out a replacement no questions asked.

Update Sept 2011
I accidentally broke the receiver to my mouse so was going to just replace it with the same one but found a new one that I like better. Click here to read my review of the logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Thanks for reading my review

If you have any questions or comments about the Logitech M505 please feel free to leave them in the comments section.

:-)

Becky

Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse

Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse

Bargain Hunter Find (Try) Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse Product Details Title : Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse Author : Binding : CD-ROM Publisher : Logi...

Logitech - M525 Wireless Mouse, Black, Computer Accessories

Logitech - M525 Wireless Mouse, Black, Computer Accessories

Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse, Black The Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse (Black) is a wireless mouse that offers both comfort and convenience. First, you ...
Adorama

Product Information: Logitech Wireless Mouse M235
Logitech Wireless Mouse M525

Logitech Wireless Mouse M525

Enjoy sleek styling and enhanced wireless freedom with the M525 Wireless Mouse from Logitech. It features tiny receiver to connect a keyboard, switch ...
Dell

Logitech - M525 Wireless Mouse - Black

Logitech - M525 Wireless Mouse - Black

This wireless mouse features advanced optical technology for reliable tracking and a contoured design with rubber grips for comfortable use.
Best Buy

Logitech - M525 Wireless Mouse, Navy Blue, Computer Accessories

Logitech - M525 Wireless Mouse, Navy Blue, Computer Accessories

Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse, Navy Blue The Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse (Navy Blue) is a wireless mouse that offers both comfort and convenience. Fir...
Adorama

Logitech M235 Wireless Mouse Grey

Product Information: Logitech Wireless Mouse M235 If you have any complaint plz contact through email on sales@edealszone.com
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse

NEW Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse SPECIFICATIONS Contoured shape with soft rubber grips provide all-day comfort Back/forward buttons and side-to-side s...

Logitech - M525 Wireless Mouse - Red