Logitech V220 (910-000682) Wireless Mouse

Not Just for Notebook Computers! -- the Logitech V220 Cordless Mouse

Jan 18, 2009

Pros:one AA battery, good battery life, cordless optical, vertical and horizontal scroll, responsive, comfortable

Cons:be careful you don't overlook the battery that comes with the mouse (easy to do)

The Bottom Line: The Logitech V220 cordless optical mouse is a positive answer that solved my mouse woes.

I have been making due with the corded mouse that came with my Gateway computer.  It's been a frustrating experience, and I reached a point where I decided I was on the computer way too much to live with a poor mouse experience.  That is one reason why I purchased the Logitech V220 Cordless Mouse.  Now let me share the other reasons!

Description

This is a small cordless optical mouse that is marketed for use with notebook computers.  However, it also works great with a desktop computer (which I will get into more detail later).  My desktop runs Windows Vista, and this mouse is recommended for Windows XP, Windows Vista, or a Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher.

One of the convenient features of this mouse is that it uses a mini-receiver that plugs into a USB port.  When not in use, the receiver slides into the bottom of the mouse for easy storage and transport.  The bottom of the mouse also has an on/off switch to conserve battery power.  Logitech advertises this mouse as having a battery life of six months.  There is a battery low light, too.

This mouse has 1000-dpi high definition optical technology.  Logitech also states that it is 2 1/2 times more responsive than a standard optical mouse.  Another great feature to this mouse is that not only does it have the center scroll wheel, but it also includes side-to-side scrolling and zoom.

An ergonomic design includes soft rubber grips on both sides of the mouse.  There are also slight finger impressions along the top of the mouse where the left and right mouse buttons are located.

This mouse is available in several colors.  I own the black one.  However, it also comes in pink, blue or red.

Mouse Setup

This cordless mouse is incredibly easy to install and use.  First, turn the computer on.  Next install one AA battery into the mouse.  (The package has one AA Duracell battery included.)  Next, insert the USB mini-receiver into the computer.

There is a website address in the instruction booklet that you can visit if you want to download the mouse software.  I find the mouse works perfectly well without it though.

My Experiences

I love this mouse and can't say enough nice things about it!  Initially I wasn't sure what to replace the Gateway mouse with.  However, I had such good luck with the Logitech V200 mouse that I'm using with my Toshiba notebook computer, I figured it would be worth trying a similar mouse with the Gateway.

Another consideration is that the mouse area near my desktop computer is not large.  I've been using regular mice in the area, but I wondered if a smaller mouse would give me more maneuverability.  This Logitech V220 mouse certainly does!  The mouse is not only compact, but it has incredible responsiveness.  I have no problem with the cursor zooming to where I want it positioned.  Not only is it responsive, but it is a controlled response.  The mouse does not jump or skip across the screen.  At all times I am in control of the mouse's movement.

The buttons are easy to click, unlike the buttons on the corded mouse I was using.  The wheel action is great, too.  Love that horizontal scroll when I am working on large spreadsheets.

I knew I hated using the Gateway corded mouse.  The cord was always in the way.  Because of the way the computer tower is positioned, I had to plug the corded mouse into a front USB port.  The cord draped across my keyboard, which was incredibly annoying.

My hand is very comfortable on this mouse.  I have a large hand with long fingers.  The rubberized sides keep my hand well positioned.  You might think that using a small mouse would cramp the hand or become tiring.  Not so.  I am very happy using this Logitech V220 mouse for hours at a time.

Purchasing

I bought this mouse from Staples for $29.99.

Summary

Buying this Logitech V220 Cordless Mouse was one of my smarter ideas.  This mouse is responsive, battery life is good, and it's cordless.  I also like that this mouse is smaller than a regular mouse, allowing more maneuvering room on the mouse pad.  The price is right, too!  I'm very happy.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Logitech V200 Cordless Notebook Mouse