Pros:Compact, comfort, cordless and a great battery life!
Cons:USB receiver on the larger side
The Bottom Line: If you're looking for a simple affordable reliable mouse for everyday use... this is it!
What I like most about my "V220 Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks"
Recommend this product?
- Despite its small size, it's very comfortable to use on a daily basis. My husband (who has huge hands) and I both enjoy using it.
- The compact size and smart design (the USB receiver snaps to the back of the mouse) mean that it is easy to carry.
- Battery life is great. I use it every day at work and at home (>8 hours) and change it maybe once every 6 months.
- It requires only 1 ordinary AA battery, which is not expensive to buy or hard to find.
- Just plug in and use!
What I was looking for in a mouse
I knew I wanted a optical mouse. Preferably cordless with a wheel, and no extra buttons on the side. I wasn't looking for a compact one though it doesn't hurt since I'm using it with my laptop. Battery life and the type of battery were important to me as I didn't want to spend a lot of money on replacing the battery.
Why I chose this product
My husband has been using this mouse for about a year and he recommended it to me. I used his mouse a few times and decided that it has everything that I was looking for. Just so happened that I found a sale at Target and got it for $10. Good deal! I've had it for over a year and I love it. I can't imagine my life without it!
What I don't like about it
Nothing major... but:
- The USB receiver sticks out a bit making it a bit hard to use the USB drive right next to it. Another more expensive model (v450 nano) boasts smaller receiver, which you might want to consider if this would bother you.
- The receiver clicks onto the back of the mouse for storage (also turns the mouse off) which is a wonderful design. Sometime the receiver comes off the mouse while in my bag. However, while I have this problem, my husband never experienced this. Maybe mine was just looser fitting to begin with.
- PC: Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7; USB port
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.4 or later; USB port
- Linux: Linux kernel 2.6 or later; USB Port
- Logitech V220 Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks
- Mini-receiver (USB)
- Installation guide
- 1 AA alkaline battery
Features From Official Website
Ergonomically designed: Natural shape and non-slip, rubber side panels provide extra comfort and control - even after long hours of use - while the ridged wheel provides a better grip for scrolling. Comfortable hands like comfortable mice.
Intelligent battery management: Delivers up to six months of use. An indicator light eliminates surprises, and automatic sleep mode turns off the mouse when you're not using it.
Wireless mini-receiver: The mini-receiver snaps into the mouse for easy transport—around your house or your office.
High-definition optical tracking: You’ll enjoy responsive and smooth cursor control with the high-definition optical tracking (1000 dpi).
Side-to-side scrolling plus zoom: The power is in your hands. You can scroll side-to-side in documents or zoom in and out of photos and spreadsheets with a flick of your finger (Requires Logitech SetPoint software (Windows) or Logitech Control Center software (Mac OS X), available for download.) ** I have not tried this out yet.
Amount Paid (US$): 10