-40%
Logitech Y-UY95 920-000914 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Logitech Y-UY95 920-000914 Wired Keyboard

Free Shipping Office Depot

A sexy keyboard you'll be proud to own

Feb 6, 2009

Pros:Sleek design, adjustable backlighting, great feel

Cons:Narrow palm rest, little ergonomics

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this product because of its stunning good looks, great typing feel, classy illumination and price point.

The Logitech Illuminated keyboard will actually make you proud to own one.  It's sleek design and beautifully lit keys makes it look sexy day and night.  I get excited to work at night in complete darkness just so that I can enjoy how great this keyboard looks.  Whether you're a gamer or a casual computer user, the performance, feel and features this keyboard has to offer will more than satisfy your needs.

Design
The first thing you'll notice about this keyboard is how thin it is with its 9.3mm profile.  When laying flat on your desk it almost looks and feels like you're typing right on your desk.  It actually feels quite comfortable that way.  However, it does come with two retractable legs in the back so that you can raise the keyboard up for better ergonomics.  It also comes with an attached palm rest which cannot be removed.  The palm rest has that soft feel to it even though it's made of plastic, which I prefer over the spongy palm rests which look nasty over time.  The only issue I have with the palm rest is that it's a bit narrow and I feel the edge against the bottom of my palm.

It uses the standard key layout.  There are only four extra keys right above the number pad to control your computer's volume and brightness of the backlighting.  The keys themselves feel very sturdy and have the right amount of feedback.  Typing on this keyboard feels much like typing on an IBM Thinkpad laptop.  The keys have a very low profile and has minimal clicking sound, which I prefer.  The only major difference I noticed is that the delete key is twice the size as normal and they made the insert key small and placed it just above.  This actually makes a lot of sense because you use the delete key more often and you can now actually hit it without looking down.  Another cool thing is the light indicator for the num-lock and caps-lock which appear on a narrow glassy strip of plastic separating the palm rest and the keyboard.  When off you don't see any trace of where the light came from.

Illumination
With the jet black keys and the white backlighting, the key characters are distinct and bright. There is little to no backlight leakage between the keys too which just adds to it's appeal.  There was definitely great thought put into the design to make this keyboard look absolutely great in low light.  Only the function keys glow orange which is nice to have a contrast of colors.  If you're considering buying a backlit keyboard, look no further.

SetPoint Customization
The top row of function keys double up as quick access keys for some of your more commonly used applications.  To activate it, you hold down the FN key and simultaneously hit one of the media keys.  Logitech includes software you can install on your computer to customize these media keys to any application you wish.  I personally don't use this feature all that much but for those who do, it's a definite plus.

Overall
If you're looking to buy a keyboard that stands out from the crowd and need something to help you type even in the dark, then look no further than Logitech's well designed and constructed illuminated keyboard.  With the price coming down, I paid only $59 at Best Buy, you don't have to break the bank to get one of the best looking keyboards out there.

Lets you type at any light level Bright, backlit keys provide greater visibility. Allows you to view keys in even low light. Illumination level can be...
Office Depot
ILLUMINATED KEYBOARD FULL-SIZE *UNAVAILABLE TILL AUG13* MPN: 920-000914
You've just gotten home. It's dark but you still have e-mails to write, people to chat with, blogging to do. While everyone else is in the dark, you'r...
1-20 of 31 best deals 1 2   Next >> Why are these stores listed?