-32%
Logitech LS-21 Computer Speakers Reviews

Logitech LS-21 Computer Speakers

A surprise indeed - nice sound in a small package

Jan 9, 2009 (Updated Jan 11, 2009)

Pros:Great sound and fantastic value!  Some handy design features.

Cons:None to mention given the price.

The Bottom Line: A good looking, good sounding, name-brand set of 2.1 speakers.

As I was wandering around my local discount store, I saw a nice looking set of speakers that seemed like they'd work nice with my iMac.  I have a set of Logitech 5.1 speakers, but to be honest, the 'surround' features clutters my office and doesn't really sound that fantastic.  The sub-woofer with that set is also quite large.
The Logitech LS21 looked interesting... the subwoofer is fairly small, about 6 inches wide, 8 inches high, and 7 inches deep.  The small 4 inch woofer fires down, with a small port on the front.  The 2 speakers are a glossy piano black with nice aluminum stands and mirror silver cones.
I got them home, and was having some post-purchase regrets, thinking how could such a wee speaker, especially the sub, make any kind of racket worth listening to?

Imagine my surprise when I hooked them up and started pushing some iTunes through them - they sound very respectable!  Very crisp highs, which are likely due to the polished drivers, a nice flat mid range, and a full and unobtrusive bottom end.  These are no room shakers, but will put out well past a comfortable volume level without distorting.
There are a couple of handy features I will mention.  The subwoofer contains the power source and is the unit to be plugged in to the wall and PC via the standard mini jack.  The line-in has a remote volume control that can be placed in a handy spot and has a power switch and headphone jack - very handy.  The speakers themselves have some built-in cord management that allows you to coil the excess speaker wire to have a nice tidy desk.  The subwoofer contains a separate level control to adjust the bass, but no cross-over adjustment.  All of the connectors are ample length for any typical desktop or laptop setup.

I would not normally take the time to review something like this, except that they were only $29!  Are you kidding!  I was prepared for $29 of disappointment, but am now listening to Aerosmith and hearing all kinds of clean sound I normally only get from my $500 Sennhieser headphones.

Certainly, these are not studio monitor quality, but for an inexpensive set of speakers that look great and don't take up 1/2 your desk they are a great value.

They particularly look nice next to an aluminum iMac or MacBook, but the style would fit well with any desktop really.

Upc: 0097855052476
Logitech LS21 2.1 Stereo Speaker System Product Features: Modern style: Modern design smartens up your desktop Logitech audio quality: Full, balanced ...

Color: Black Features: Modern style: Modern design smartens up your desktop Logitech audio quality: Full, balanced acoustics offer satisfying sound He...
Feature: Model : 980-000058 Connectivity Technology : wired Audio Output Mode : #N/A Color Name : Black Hardware Platform : Pc See more technical deta...
Logitech LS21 2.1 Stereo Speaker System Product Description: From the Manufacturer Immerse yourself. High-excursion drivers : Give you rich mids and c...
Product Name: LS21 Multimedia Speaker System Marketing Information: Full bass. Compact design. Connect these speakers to your PC and enjoy full, balan...
LOGITECH Speakers Logitech LS21 2.1 Stereo 7 Watts RMS 980-000058
Logitech LS21 - Speaker system - For PC - 2.1-channel - 7 Watt (total) 980-000058