Logitech LX8 Wireless Laser Mouse Reviews

Logitech LX8 Wireless Laser Mouse

Good for daily task use

Dec 29, 2008

Pros:simple installation, work on various surfaces, precise.

Cons:size of dongle, big package.

The Bottom Line: For $15 on such a wonderful mouse, I should have bought more and ebay them.

Bottom line, good mouse.

I got two of these for my 2 laptops.  One laptop runs 32bit Vista Home premium, and the other runs on 32 bit XP Home edition.  In summary, both worked flawlessly after a month of usage.

I saw the mouse went on sale at Staples for $15 in the Black friday sales ad.  I couldn't help it but bought two.

Installation was simple.   Plug the USB dongle in, and both XP, Vista install the generic mouse driver and you are ready to go.  Note, there's no CD included in my package, so I have to download the proprietary drivers from Logitech.  The driver was easily located on Logitech website and installed quickly.  A minor annoyance here is that Logitech driver installation would take up about 10 meg of RAM.  While that's not much, but on a XP Home with 512 Meg, that's not very efficient.  You don't need the Logitech driver if you don't plan to play games with it, as the driver gives you more control of the mouse and customization (ie, battery health bar in the mouse, customization of the buttons).

After a month of constant usage, I haven't changed the batteries.  So I can conclude Logitech has made the mouse more energy efficient.  Mouse is like keyboard, you don't appreciate it until it breaks.  So far, both mice have not had any problems.  I've unplug the USB dongle and then plug it back in, and the mice always function as expected.  The mouse is designed for both righties and lefties, so it's not as ergonomic, but good enough for common use.  Mouse itself is great, precise for any tasks.  However, given that it's designed for both hands, you might not want to use it for extended time period.  It works well on smooth, polish surface.  My old infrared microsoft mouse needed a mouse pad.

The other minor things I hope Logitech could improve are :
- the size of the dongle
- reduce the packaging size - you can probably stuff 10 mice into the original packaging...

Ok, so I am nitpicking.  :)

Bottom line, for $15 on a wireless laser mouse that work as expected and designed for both hands, you can't go wrong here.

Logitech LX8 Cordless Laser Mouse
Batteries Included - Yes Batteries Required - Yes Buttons - 5, Programmable Color(s) - Black/Blue Connector/Port - USB