Logitech LX8 Wireless Laser Mouse Reviews

Logitech LX8 Wireless Laser Mouse

Finally, a stylish mouse for the ambidextrous.

Jan 14, 2009 (Updated Jan 14, 2009)

Pros:Sleek and sexy, nice electroluminescent color, ambidextrous, stylish

Cons:wasn't free

The Bottom Line: A decently ergonomic mouse, that can be used with your left and/or right hand, that looks good and can be customized as you choose.

With so many futuristic/sylish mice out there, it's hard to find one that has the perfect blend of style and function but the Logitech LX8 is exactly that. I'm going to be honest, I am partial to Logitech mice. Not necessarily because they are better than the rest but because I have no reason to buy anything different as Logitech has always worked well for me.

I was looking for a mouse to replace the one that came with my Logitech S510 cordless keyboard/mouse combo when I stumbled upon the LX8. The first thing that grabbed my attention was not so much the color as it was the effect light has on the color. It's best described as an electroluminescent blue, this gives the mouse some flair without going over the top. The mouse is also very sleek looking and it's design lends itself well to users like me who want to be able to comfortably use either hand to control the mouse. The sides of the mouse are rubberized and perforated to give the user good control, although the rubber isn't as grippy as I'd like. The scroll wheel is very quiet yet gives you positive feedback when you rotate it.

This is considered a 5 button mouse, but the tilting/clicking scroll wheel essentially make it a 8 button mouse and each button can be programmed to perform the function of your choice via the Logitech SetPoint program. Not only does the program allow you to customize mouse functions, it also shows the battery level of the mouse, allows you to fine tune mouse movement and gives gamers options to further enhance their gameplay experience.

I have big hands so it was very important for me to find a mouse that was large enough for me to comfortably use because with alot of the ergonomic/stylish mouse designs out there they forget about us guys with big hands so using them isn't the most comfortable experience. This one is perfect, just the right size to ensure my comfort yet light and ergonomic enough to easily control.

A USB adapter is included to allow the mouse to communicate with your pc, and if for some reason you don't get a strong enough signal by plugging it into your machine Logitech has also included a USB adapter extender. It's basically a cable with a USB plug on one end and a USB port on the other, it's about 3-4 ft long and allows you to plug it in to your machine and set the port portion up on your desktop. You plug the USB adapter into the port portion and by doing so you are ensured to get a strong signal from the mouse to the USB adapter. My PC is about 3ft away from my mouse and I didn't have an issue with signal strength having the adapter plugged into the machine directly.

Performance wise it's hard to get geeked up over a mouse so the bottom line is that it works as advertised and does what it's supposed to do. I have no issues with tracking or any of the buttons/scroll wheel, build quality is flawless, Logitech hit a homerun with this mouse! The only thing that I'd improve upon if I could is I'd make the rubber grips on the sides of the mouse more rubbery/grippy, besides that it's pretty close to perfect. Especially when you consider the fact that I bought it from Staples on Black Friday for $14.99!

Batteries Included - Yes Batteries Required - Yes Buttons - 5, Programmable Color(s) - Black/Blue Connector/Port - USB
Logitech LX8 Cordless Laser Mouse