Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus Omnidirectional Speaker Dock Remote Control (LOG980000187) for iPod and iPhone

Great system for the office

Dec 30, 2010

Pros:Sound output is great, remote control, size, easy setup

Cons:None that I can think of.

The Bottom Line: For an office or small room in your home, this makes a great iPod speaker system for the price.

When I moved into a new office, I wanted something that had a bit more sound to it when listening to my iPod Touch. I had a Memorex Speaker system, but I found it lacking a bit. I went out looking for a speaker system that, while not needing to be really loud, but enough to hear some rich sound.

After looking at a few different models, I settled on the Logitech. The size of it was the deciding factor in this case, as I like that it was more long than wide. It was also under $100, which was important, as I didn't want to spend too much money on this.

It comes with a remote control, adaptors for the various Ipods out there, and a power cord as well. You can run it off of batteries, but I have not done that as of yet.

Setup was pretty easy. Just plug the power cord into it, set the clock and you are ready to go. The clock is a nice feature to have, and it has an alarm on it as well. Nice touches, even if I never use the alarm.

When you plug in your iPod into the speaker system, it begins to charge your iPod. At this point, you can use either the controls on the remote or the iPod to start the music. The remote does shuffle, play, advance and reverse. It's limited, but enough to get you started. If you want to listen to a particular artist or album, you'll have to use the iPod controls. Not a big deal, honestly, but I can see how some would find that frustrating, depending on where it's placed in relation to where you would usually listen to it.

There are also controls on the front of the device that basically separate the speakers. Basically what you have on the remote is what you have on the front, save for the dial for volume control and the clock display.

Sound is awesome. It's very crisp and clear. But the big thing is that this can get LOUD! I've used this a couple times in our lobby at work for functions, and it covered a good area very well, without having to blast it and annoy the people sitting close to where the speaker was placed. This is a nice feature that I like, since I know we'll be doing more events in the future, and we'll have something that will work.

I like this iPod dock. For what I use it for, it's a perfect fit. As long as I don't annoy my office mates with my love for Barry Manilow, I see having this for a long long time.

Logitech Pure-fi Express Plus Omnidirectional Speaker Dock New/sealed

Logitech Pure-fi Express Plus Omnidirectional Speaker Dock New/sealed

Up for sale is a brand new factory sealed Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus Omnidirectional Speaker Dock.Other online retailers will make you spend 25$ or...

Logitech Pure-fi Express Plus Omnidirectional Speaker For Ipod Iphone

Logitech Pure-fi Express Plus Omnidirectional Speaker For Ipod Iphone

softwaregames Store Main Description:New in box. Logitech Pure-Fi Express Pluss Omnidirectional Speaker for iPod/iPone. Comes with: Logitech speaker, ...

AC Adapter for Logitech Pure Fi Express Plus Dock Switching Power Supply Charger