Logitech Squeezebox Radio FM Reviews

Logitech Squeezebox Radio FM

Squeezebox Radio FM Delivers Great Sound and Music

Aug 13, 2010 (Updated Aug 13, 2010)

Pros:Easy to set up and use, compact, great sound, access to hundreds of music stations.

Cons:More preset buttons would be nice, but no complaints overall.

The Bottom Line: I recommend this radio because it is easy to set up, has quality sound, and provides access to hundreds of Internet radio stations.

The Logitech Squeezebox Radio is the best radio I’ve owned so far.  It is compact, features great sound, and allows access to hundreds of Internet and radio stations all over the country.  The radio allows me to connect to online services such as Pandora (which I am currently using) and also Rhapsody.  You are able to access your personal computer library of music if you so choose.  It is easy to go to mysqueezebox.com and access the features there for setup for your radio.

Set up was easy for me, but if you are not that well versed in technology it may take a little longer.  I would recommend going online and seeking some video guides if this is the case.  There are plenty available which will make set up a breeze.  I followed the set up steps on the colorfully lit radio screen by turning and pressing the dial.  You will need your Wi-Fi network password to connect to your home router.  After you are connected to your network, you are able to select from hundreds of stations, arranged in categories.  Listen to whatever you choose: Oldies, Top 40, Rock, Christian, and on and on.  It is easy to navigate through the stations and options by turning the dial.

The sound quality is great and very clear coming out of two speakers.  It fills up the entire room.  The 2.4 color screen allows you to see the album art, track and station information as each song plays.  There are six presets which allow you to favorite your stations that you consistently listen to.  It is very easy to preset by simply holding down the buttons and then your favorites are automatically locked in.

The radio is also an alarm clock and it has an ambient light sensor to adjust display brightness according to environment.  I like the look of the clock and date, it is large enough and suits the style of the radio.  Additional options for the radio are sold separately such as the rechargeable battery pack, and the infrared remote.  I do not have either of these and it’s not a problem for me.  I plug in the radio where I want it, but I can see why others would much prefer to take it from room to room and not have to worry about the power cord.

The radio features ways to download apps such as Facebook, but I haven’t gotten into that.  There are also a variety of interesting sounds that you can play on this radio, from ocean waves to thunderstorms to a hair dryer (which is funny and interesting to say the least!)  One of the best parts of this radio is not listening to endless commercials waiting for my favorite tunes to come back – on the Squeezebox Radio it is endless music all the time - and you don't need to be stuck at your computer to listen to Pandora anymore.  The radio and Pandora goes where you want in the house.

I purchased the Logitech Sqeezebox Radio in Best Buy for $199.99 with a 2 year warranty.  A great buy in my opinion, well worth the money, and the associate who sold the radio said they are flying off the shelves – 7 of them were sold the day before I bought mine and there were only two left in the store.

Battery for Logitech Squeezebox Wi-Fi Internet Radio

Battery for Logitech Squeezebox Wi-Fi Internet Radio

HQRP Battery is 100% compatible with Logitech Squeezebox Wi-Fi Internet Radio. General Features: - Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride battery, Voltage ...