Logitech X-140 Computer Speakers Reviews

Logitech X-140 Computer Speakers

Great sound for the price

Oct 24, 2009

Pros:Ease of setup, great sound for the price, loud

Cons:none that I've found.

The Bottom Line: Great sound for the price, easy to setup makes this set a hit.

My old speakers on my desktop were starting to fade out (from an exposed wire, as I found out later) so I began to look for a new set of speakers. A former co-worker purchased these for his system at work, and they sounded great. Since he was also a musician, I took his recommendation and went out and purchased these.

The first thing I noticed about these speakers was how easy there were to setup. Within 5 minutes, I was turning them on and enjoying the sounds from my computer.

These speakers can get loud. In fact, in my house, I can't turn them up past 5 most of the time, as I get complaints from my wife upstairs in the bedroom, which is two floors up. Right there tells me I made a great purchase.

I also like how these speakers look. I like the slightly bent back look, with the black mesh on the front. Blends into my desk, instead of being the focal point, which is something that I look for.

You can also plug in your mp3 player into these speakers, either with the include plug, or if you don't want to disconnect your speakers from your system, you can plug the MP3 player into the front of the speaker. You can also plug in headphones, but who wants to do that.

Controls on these speakers are pretty basic, with volume controls (which is also power), and tone. Nothing fancy here.

If you are looking for a great set of 2.0 speakers, look no further than these X-140 speakers. They are inexpensive, around $30, but do not sound like it.

Logitech part #970264-0403
Deep Surplus
Color: Black Features: Logitech X 140 - PC multimedia speakers - 5 watt RMS power Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers 2.0 Speaker System - 2.5W per Speaker, 5...