Loreal Advanced Revitalift Night Cream

4 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: OK

L'Oreal Advanced RevitaLift Night Cream

Dec 24, 2006

Pros:readily available, excellent hydrator, and I like the scent

Cons:not as fabulous as my favorite (way more expensive) product

The Bottom Line: This is a very good night cream at a very reasonable price.

I have used a night cream every night before bed for as long as I can remember. Even when I was a teenager, I had dry skin on my cheeks and I felt that I needed the extra hydration at night. Now that I'm almost 35, I use it to stave off signs of aging. I like to try new products, and that fact combined with the need to buy something convenient led me to try out L'Oreal Advanced Revitalift Night Cream. And it turns out that I like this stuff!

Description

This product comes in a white box with gold, black, and red writing and highlighting. The front of the package has a clear plastic window that would reveal the product itself except that the bottom two-thirds of it has an opaque white film for some reason. Information on the package includes the brand name, product name, amount contained, instructions for use, a recommended skin care regimen (using other L'Oreal products, of course), product claims, the amount contained, and an ingredients list.

The jar that this product comes in is a pretty blue with information written on it in gold and white. A white screw on cap completes the jar. Information on the jar includes the product name, brand name, directions for use, and the amount contained. Each jar contains 1.7 ounces (48 grams) of night cream.

The night cream itself is a thick and white. It has a pleasant scent that smells very clean to me, and possibly like there is a light floral note in it as well.

Product claims on the box include the notion that this cream smoothes wrinkles and firms skin as it remodels skin's surface from within. The packaging goes on to detail the cream's Advanced Anti-Wrinkle Action, Powerful Firming Innovation, and Continuous Hydration. It also notes that this product is dermatologist tested for gentleness, non-greasy, and non-comedogenic.

Use and Experience

The instructions for use on the jar are very simple. They read, "Every night smooth gently onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed."

I follow that basic procedure, but first I cleanse my skin and follow up with a toner, to remove all the dirt, makeup, oil, and whatever else is on my face by the end of the day. The cream goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly; I've never had my face feel greasy after using this product. Most of the skin on my face tends toward the dry side, however, so people with oily skin should proceed with caution. While I don't go to great pains to avoid my eye area with this night cream, I do use a separate product for that delicate area.

And… that's really it. Someone left a fun tip on one of my reviews that night cream should be applied a few hours before bed, to allow it to absorb instead of having it rub off onto your pillow. While I think a few hours might be longer than strictly necessary, I have been trying to follow my night time skin care routine a bit earlier than I used to in order to allow for some absorption time. It can't hurt!

I've been pleased with the results I've had from this night cream. I don't really know if it is preventing wrinkles or if it minimizes their appearance since I'm only 34; I don't have much in the way of lines (and may it stay that way!). I do think it does a good job firming my skin, and I'm completely happy with the hydration. My skin is always soft and smooth in the morning and it never feels dry. Furthermore, I haven't had a problem with breakouts in my slightly oily areas, either. This is a pretty good product.

Cost, Where to Buy and Ingredients List

This night cream is readily available at my local Target store for $14.89. If there isn't a Target near you, other drugstore or big box discount stores (Walgreens, KMart, etc.) often carry the L'Oreal line. In addition, I often find coupons on the Sunday newspaper coupon supplement for L'Oreal skin care products. These are often a dollar or two off the product, making this an even more reasonably priced line.

Ingredients List: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutane, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-40 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca/Apricot Kernel Oil, Petrolatum, Shorea Robusta/Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Paraffin, Sorbitan Tristearate, Stearic Acid/Stearic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycine Soja/Soybean Protein, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimetyltaurate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Crithmum Maritimum/Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Isohexadecane, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Polycaprolactone, Polysorbate 80, Zea Mays/Corn Kernel Extract, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparben, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehyrdoacetate, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Slicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylproprional, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal, F.I.L. # B12055/1.

I like this night cream. It is readily available, not too expensive, and it hydrates my skin so that it still feels smooth and soft in the morning. I don't love it as much as I love Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough, but that is a high bar to match, plus this is about three times cheaper. I'd definitely buy L'Oreal Revitalift Night Cream again. 4 stars.

Thanks to Shantel575 for adding this to the Epinions database!

L'Oreal Advanced RevitaLift Complete Day Cream, Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Eye Cream, .5 oz

Look younger and more radiant with the L'Oreal Advanced RevitaLift Eye Day and Night Cream. Featuring the goodness of fortified pro-retinol A, pro-las...

L'oreal Advanced Revitalift Night Cream

L'oreal Advanced Revitalift Night Cream

YOU WILL RECIEVE EXACT ITEM SHOWN ON PIC ABRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED L'Oreal Advanced RevitaLift Night Cream, TAKE ADVANTAGE LAST ONE IN STOCK.............
L'oreal Paris Advanced Revitalift Eye Day/night Cream

L'oreal Paris Advanced Revitalift Eye Day/night Cream

L'Oreal Paris Advanced RevitaLift Eye Day/Night Cream, 0.5 Ounce Anti-wrinkle and firming eye cream with encapsulated pro-retinyl A plus pro-lastyl Fi...

L'Oreal Paris Advanced Revitalift Night

L'Oreal Paris Advanced Revitalift Night

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Experience advanced action against the signs of aging with this unique nighttime moisturizer. Fewer wrinkles. Fir...

L'oreal Advanced Revitalift Night 50 Ml

L'oreal Advanced Revitalift Night 50 Ml

YOU ARE PURCHASING L'OREAL ADVANCED REVITALIFT, NIGHT, 50 ML. ITEM IS NEW, NEVER USED. USE EVERY NIGHT SMOOTH GENTLY ONTO FACE AND NECK UNTIL THOROUGH...

L'OREAL by L'Oreal for WOMEN Advanced Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle 24 Hours Eye Repair Duo --2x6ml/0.2oz

Advanced Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle 24 Hours Eye Repair Duo --2x6ml/0.2oz for WOMEN
FragranceNet
L'oreal Paris Advanced Revitalift Complete Night Cream 1.7oz -

L'oreal Paris Advanced Revitalift Complete Night Cream 1.7oz -

netbay747 Store L'Oreal Paris Advanced RevitaLift Complete Night Cream 1.7Oz\New Look - Same Formula Pro-Retinol A® + Elastin Complex Formula Essentia...

L'oreal Advanced Revitalift Anti-wrinkle + Firming Night Cream-immediate Results

Up for sale is this brand-new, never-used, L'OREAL REVITALIFT Anti-Wrinkle + Firming NIGHT Cream Moisturizer! For smoother, firmer skin in only 4 Week...
L'oreal Dermo-expertise Advanced Revitalift Eye Day / Night Cream W/ Bonus

L'oreal Dermo-expertise Advanced Revitalift Eye Day / Night Cream W/ Bonus

L'Oreal RevitaLift Eye Day/Night Cream New Product is a shelf-pull. Package may be open and may have other signs of shipping/shelf-ware/sticker damage...