Loreal Cashmere Perfect Powdery Liquid Foundation

"Your Skin Looks Bumpy!": L'Oreal Cashmere Perfect Foundation

Dec 6, 2005 (Updated Dec 9, 2005)

Pros:Nice coverage; matte finish; absorbs oil; lasts at least 8 hours; decent packaging

Cons:A bit masky; finish not very smooth; no SPF; not for all skin types

The Bottom Line: This is a nice matte foundation for most skin types, but it could use a bit of improvement.

Every time I stray away from my holy grail foundation, Cover Girl AquaSmooth Foundation to try a new foundation, a friend of mine at work says "Your face looks bumpy today". She can actually tell when I'm using a new foundation before I even say a word! I know that the AquaSmooth really does make my face look more smooth than other foundations, but sometimes I really feel that the AquaSmooth is a bit too sheer for me. It's those times that I like heavier coverage and end up trying a foundation that I think might look just as nice as the AquaSmooth foundation but with more coverage. However, after several days, I always end up going back to AquaSmooth! The latest foundation I tried is L'Oreal Cashmere Perfect - now called L'Oreal Cashmere Perfect Soft PowderCreme Makeup instead of L'Oreal Perfect Powdery Liquid Foundation.

Product Details:

Cashmere Perfect is a liquid-to-powder foundation that is somewhat thick in consistency and comes in a 1 oz. squeeze tube. The tube is 4.25" high including the silver plastic screw-on cap. The cap is on the bottom of the tube and is flat so that you can stand the tube on your dresser or counter or wherever. The tube is made from gold matte flexible plastic. The foundation is dispensed from a tiny hole in the bottom of the tube. To dispense the makeup, just squeeze the tube a bit.

Cashmere Perfect comes in nine shades, all of which can be seen at LOrealParis.com: Nude Beige, Classic Ivory, Natural Ivory, Creamy Natural, Natural Beige, Buff Beige, Sand Beige, Classic Beige and Honey Beige. I've checked the shades out on two different monitors and the shades shown on the website are definitely lighter than the shades actually are in person.

The packaging for Cashmere Perfect states that this product is: An innovation in texture. A liquid that transforms on contact to a velvety-powdery finish for a pleasurable sensation and incredibly easy application. Upon application, the skin feels twice as soft. The finish is unbelievably velvety, matte and even. No need to use a powder. For up to 12 hours of beautiful skin.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Isononyl isononanoate, petroleum distillates, isohexadecane, isododecane, polymethyl methacrylate, HDI/trimethylol hexylllactone crosspolymer, talc, nylon-12, hydrogenated styrene/isoprene copolymer, silica, quaternium-18 hectorite, sorbitan stearate, polymethylsilsequioxane, propylene carbonate, phenoxyethanol, fragrance. May Contain: Titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

My Experience:

I really like a foundation that provides a lot of coverage. However, I love the smooth look that Cover Girl AquaSmooth foundation gives my face. Like I said earlier, I sometimes try to fool myself into thinking that the heavier coverage looks better than a not-as-heavy coverage. In the case of L'Oreal Cashmere Perfect, this foundation does nothing to make my skin look smooth at all.

Cashmere Perfect is a liquid makeup that goes on like any other liquid makeup but dries to a matte, somewhat powdery finish. It applies easily and feels like any other liquid foundation. When it "sets" (or dries), it has a bit of a powdery finish, but it is still blendable. I've tried foundations in the past that don't allow the product to budge at all once it has dried. This isn't the case with Cashmere Perfect.

The coverage of Cashmere Perfect is really great. It's medium-to-full coverage in my opinion. I almost don't need a concealer when I wear this product but I always end up using one anyway just to be on the safe side. Cashmere Perfect does well on dark undereye circles but seems to cover redness best of all. The finish, however, leaves a bit to be desired in my eyes. I feel like it's a bit masky and heavy (normally when you like a more full coverage makeup, heavy is a good thing - but in the case of Cashmere Perfect, it's almost like a grainy type of coverage - hence my friend telling me within 5 seconds of seeing me that my face looked "bumpy" and not smooth like it normally does.

My skin type is combination - I have a somewhat oily nose, with the rest of my face being normal to dry. Cashmere Perfect absorbs oil very well on my nose for most of the day - I have very little oil breakthrough. I feel like it might make the rest of my face a bit more dry, though - so I don't recommend this product for dry skin types at all. In fact, the packaging states that this product is not recommended for very dry skin. I think that it would emphasize dryness, possibly making it worse.

The coverage of Cashmere Perfect is very good. I get 8 hours of wear with no problem and barely any touching up necessary. This is perfect for days when I might have a meeting or luncheon to go to at work and might not be able to touch-up my makeup at mid-day like I normally do. I wouldn't count on this foundation giving you more than 8 or 9 hours of wear, however.

Overall, this is a nice foundation for oily or combination skin types. It could be improved, however - it could be a bit less masky and grainy, it could contain SPF, and could be a bit less drying. If you are looking for a foundation that has great coverage, a matte finish and lasts all day, however, you might want to give Cashmere Perfect a try.

Price and Purchasing Information:

I paid full price for my tube of Cashmere Perfect at my local CVS drugstore but got a concealer free (it was a "buy one foundation or powder, get a concealer free" deal that I couldn't pass up). The full price was $10.19. This product is available wherever L'Oreal cosmetics are sold.

My Other L'Oreal Reviews:

L'Oreal Body Expertise HydraFresh Moisturizing Body Spray
L'Oreal Studio Line Pumping Curls

Daiso Liquid Or Powdery Foundation Puffs 12 Pcs Us Seller

Daiso Liquid Or Powdery Foundation Puffs 12 Pcs Us Seller

Daiso Liquid or Powdery Foundation Puffs 12 pcs Dual-purpose for wet or dry finishing.For its soft touch, smooth and even base makeup is possible.Avai...

Loreal Pencil Perfect Automatic Eye Liner Golden Bronze

Loreal Pencil Perfect Automatic Eye Liner Golden Bronze

The perfect line starts here with Pencil Perfect Eyeliner. Long-wearing, smudge proof cream formula glides on softly and smoothly for the perfect line...

Black Radiance Color Perfect Liquid Make-up - Cashmere

Black Radiance Color Perfect Liquid Make-up - Cashmere

Find cosmetics at Target.com! Black radiance color perfect liquid make-up is formulated specifically for ethnic skin tones. This full coverage formula...

Loreal Pencil Perfect Self-advancing Eyeliner Pencil- {cocoa}

Loreal Pencil Perfect Self-advancing Eyeliner Pencil- {cocoa}

L'OREAL Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner Pencil ~NEW/SEALED PACKAGING~Full Size: 0.01 oz Color:COCOA

Loreal 965 Violet Volt HIP Color Chrome Eyeliner - Case Pack of 6

Loreal 965 Violet Volt HIP Color Chrome Eyeliner - Case Pack of 6

Loreal 965 Violet Volt HIP Color Chrome Eyeliner. Discover the secret to bold, metallic eye definition. HIP studio secrets professional color chrome e...

Magix Cashmere Advanced Liquid Foundation Full Size U Choose Shade

Magix Cashmere Advanced Liquid Foundation Full Size U Choose Shade

Avon Magix Cashmere Advanced Liquid Foundation Full Size! Ships out starting September 11th. Avon Magix Cashmere Advanced Liquid Foundation. Full Size...

Stroke of Genius Liquid Cashmere Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20, 30 mL - Napoleon Perdis - Look 4

Napoleon PerdisStroke of Genius Liquid Cashmere Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20, 30 mLDetailsFor skin that looks and feels as soft as cashmere.- Napo...
Neiman Marcus