L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eye Liner Reviews

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eye Liner

Free Shipping Target

Not Sure About 16 Hours, But It Does Wear Well: L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner, Black Brown

Feb 8, 2010

Pros:Applies easily; long-lasting; doesn't smudge easily; self-sharpening; sharpener on end for even thinner lines; retractable

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This is a great eyeliner that wears quite a long time, applies easily and has a built-in smudger and sharpener. The Black Brown shade is a nice dark brown color.

I love experimenting with new eyeliners, and I love it when L'Oreal brings out new ones, as L'Oreal has had some of the best eyeliners I've used over the past ten years or so. So when I saw L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner and the 16 hour claim, I had to give it a try.

Product Details:

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner
is a retractable, mechanical eyeliner that comes in a plastic case that measures about 5.5" long including the cap and the "smudger" on the end. The color of the plastic case is similar to the color of the eyeliner. There is a "smudger" on the end, which is an attached, slanted, very flexible piece of silicone. It sits in a little piece of plastic, like a "cap", that can be removed if you want to access the built-in sharpener on the other side of it, which can be used to make the eyeliner's line even thinner.

This eyeliner is self-sharpening, meaning that it is a thin line that never really needs to be sharpened if you want the line your eyeliner makes to be of average width. In addition to the Black Brown shade, it comes in three other colors, all of which can be seen at LorealParis.com: Black, Carbon Black and Brown.

From LorealParis.com: Enjoy beautifully defined eyes for up to 16 hours! New Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner is L'Oreal's most advanced mechanical liner with superior long-wearing technology. The rich and creamy formula glides on easily and evenly and sets quickly for fade-proof color. Use the built-in smudger and sharpener to create versatile eyeliner looks for any occasion.

Ingredients (taken from packaging for Black Brown shade):

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, microcrystalline wax, octyldodecanol, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, pentaerythrityl tetra-DI-T-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, echum plantagineum seed oil, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, cardiospermum halicacabum leaf extract, sunflower seed oil, water. May Contain: Iron oxides, ultramarines, titanium dioxide, manganese violet, ferric ferrocyanide, mica, chromium oxide greens, carmine.

My Experience:

I really like self-sharpening eyeliners, because I don't have to take the time to sharpen them, and they always seem to be creamier and easier to use. The thing that had me the most interested, though, when I purchased this eyeliner, was the 16-hour wear claim.

I purchased the Black Brown shade, which is a very dark brown shade. It isn't as dark as a black shade, and instead is a dark chocolate brown shade. I really like this shade, as I went from wearing black eyeliners to brown a few years ago when my ex-neighbor told me that all the black eyeliner I was wearing made me look mean. I took a look in the mirror and realized that maybe I could soften the eyeliner look up a bit and go with a brown liner instead. I have never regretted that decision, but I do like a brown liner to be as dark as I can get it. So this Black Brown shade has been perfect for me.

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner glides on easily and never tugs or pulls on my eyelids. I love the creamy formula, which isn't too creamy. It makes a nice line without skipping. I can build on that line if I need to, by making another line underneath it, but that is rare for me, as I like a line that isn't too thin and isn't too thick. I never need to trace back over the line I drew, as the line is dark enough.

The built-in smudger is something I have never used, as I like my lines non-smudged. But it seems like it would be fine, since it's flexible but still firm. The built-in sharpener I used just out of curiosity, and it really does make a smaller point out of the already-thin-enough (in my opinion) line. It makes a mess, though, as you have to clean the eyeliner out of the super-tiny sharpener. I can't even begin to describe how tiny this sharpener is - it's about 1/4" wide! It still works, though, and will be good for those who want a super-thin line.

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner lasts all day on my eyelids. I have normal to dry skin, and I never had to touch it up in the 10 or 11 hours between when I applied it and when I got home from work. After I get home from work, I pretty much stay home, so I never really care if my eyeliner is still on my eyelids at that point. I don't think I ever had to touch up this eyeliner in 10 or 11 hours. I don't know if the 16-hour claim is accurate, though, because I can remember a couple of times when I had to leave the house unexpectedly around 7 or 8 PM and had to touch up ALL of my makeup, including this eyeliner. So I would have to say that 12 or 13 hours is probably the maximum for this eyeliner. That is still a pretty good wear time, though! If you have oily skin, you may not get as much wear time, but I would be willing to be that the wear time would still be better than average even on oily skin.

I never had a problem with this eyeliner smudging or running. My eyes water quite a bit in the bright sunshine, and there were a few times when they watered a LOT and I had to touch up this liner a bit, but not if my eyes watered just a bit. It doesn't wear away easily if you have to touch the liner a bit, but if you do touch your eye area a lot, you will have to re-apply it periodically, as it isn't completely touch-proof.

One of these eyeliners lasted me a couple of months of daily use. There is just .008 oz. of product in each one, which isn't much, but at least it lasted a few months. If you constantly re-apply your liner or frequently make a thicker line, you will probably not get a couple of months of use from this liner.

Overall, L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner is an excellent liner that I will definitely purchase again. I recommend it to those who like a long-wearing liner in a mechanical pencil.

Price and Purchasing Information:

I paid about $8 for my L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner at my local Wal-Mart. I've seen it at drugstores such as CVS and Rite Aid as well. Online, it can be purchased at Drugstore.com and Amazon.com for about $8.50.

Powered by Frooition Pro Home FAQs Payment Size Charts Shipping Contact Us Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. L'O...

Find cosmetics at Target.com! A glossy, lacquered eye is now easier than ever to create. Infallible gel lacquer liner 24h glides on smoothly for a cle...
EYELINER INFALLIBLE NEVER FAIL LACQUER EYELINER 24H
L'OREAL INFALLIBLE LACQUER LINER 24H EYELINER 172 NAVY GEL FORMULA .08oz. LOT#50J50V SHIPPED AS PICTURED AND ~FREE SHIPPING IN THE UNITED STATES~ THAN...
netbay747 store One pack Ophthalmologist tested Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24HR Eyeliner BR...