Loreal Plentitude Hydrafresh Deep Cleanser Foaming Gel Reviews

Loreal Plentitude Hydrafresh Deep Cleanser Foaming Gel

Plenitude HydraFresh Deep Cleanser - a Foaming Gel from L'oreal

Jul 10, 2003 (Updated Jul 10, 2003)

Pros:Less expensive than department store cosmetic brand skin care

Cons:Not right for my skin, a bit hard to rinse

The Bottom Line: Doesn't seem to be a bad product, but it certainly didn't do anything GREAT for my skin.

My favorite facial cleanser is Elizabeth Arden’s 2 in 1 Cleanser from their Modern Skincare Line. I seem to always return to it, and I always get good results when using it. But as a bargain hunter and a bit of a cheapskate at times, I’m always checking out products that I find in the clearance and marked-down bins at local drugstores and grocery stores. So thus began my experience with Loreal Plenitude HydraFresh Deep Cleanser. I was in Publix, it was in a clearance bin, and very quickly it was in my buggy … along side the also clearanced Rubbermaid Servin' Saver containers!

I have combination skin and because of this I spent most of my young adult life searching for the right cleanser and skin care products. IIf I used a cleanser & other products for dry skin, parts of my face would often feel oily and unclean only shortly after cleansing ... and would be more prone to breakouts. On the other hand if I used products for oily skin, my face would often feel tight and dry causing flaky skin in some areas and a need for more moisturizer type products, etc. It was a vicious circle of trying to figure out which products to use to 'balance' out the others while trying to treat various areas of my face differently than others. Most people think that when you get out of your teens and early twenties that your skin-care concerns are going to immensely improve. Honestly, I think I just traded one set of problems for another … I think I had a brief reprieve in my mid-late 20’s with fairly low maintenance skin and a china doll complexion. But for some reason after my daughter was born, my skin went nuts again and has required more attention in my 30s than before.

What is Loreal Plenitude HydraFresh Deep Cleanser like?.

Drugstore.com tells us that this cleanser is a "foaming gel cleanser [that] deep cleans pores" and creates a "Rich lather [which] cleanses and refreshes". I suppose I can see where they come up with the ‘gel’ description but honestly, I would consider it more of a pearlescent cream. It comes out of the tube fairly thick but creates a bit of a foamy lather if applied to the skin and gently worked around the face with your fingertips and a lot of water. But I really don’t find it to be all that foamy. It doesn’t lather as much as I had expected it to from reading the description, but seems more like a cream cleanser to me. The cleanser has a pleasant scent, which is vaguely reminiscent of menthol or mint to me, but not exactly like either one really.

I also feel that the product is a bit difficult to completely rinse unless it is used in the shower. I splash and splash and splash at the sink and yet I still look in the mirror and find a fair amount of the cleanser on my face. So then I grab a wash cloth and wet it and wipe away the product, but then I have to go back and splash and rinse some more to get the residue feeling off my face. If I follow it up with a toner then my skin feels clean, otherwise it feels as though it has a thin film on it.

The product is Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) ,Non-acnegenic (won't cause acne) , and is dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested. I have fairly sensitive skin and have experienced no truly negative reactions to this product - it doesn’t seem to irritate my skin or dry it out badly or cause redness, etc. but at the same time, it doesn’t seem to improve my skin either.

Did it improve the way you look or feel?

No, I really don’t think this product has improved my skin's appearance, texture, or overall condition. It doesn’t really seem to ‘hurt’ my complexion to use it, though if I use it for several days at a time my skin begins to feel less clean than it does when I use my Elizabeth Arden’s 2 in 1 Cleanser on a daily basis. I’ve put the Loreal Plenitude HydraFresh Deep Cleanser in our spare bathroom and use it occasionally when I’m washing up in there for some strange reason. I don’t dislike it enough to throw it out or give it away, but at the same time, I probably wouldn’t buy it again.

Who should buy this product?

If you generally like L’oreal skincare products and you have combination normal to oily skin you may want to give this product a try. It may work better for you than it does for me. I’m just not certain why a product marketed to those on the oily side of combination, would contain castor oil.

At $6.99 for a 6.5 ounce tube, it may seem a bit pricey for a drugstore brand product … but it’s much less expensive than cleanser available from most department store cosmetic lines. If it works for you, it could be a great budget item … however, since it doesn’t work well for me, I’d much rather spend the $15 for my preferred brand.

On the upside, I LOVE the very convenient flip top cap and the soft squeeze tube. Not having to completely unscrew and remove and keep up with a cap is fantastic and should be a required feature of all products used in the shower! The tube is soft enough that even a gentle squeeze will dispense the product, but the product is thick enough that it doesn’t ooze out on it’s own.

Ingredients (per Drugstore.com): Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Calcium Gluconate, Fragrance, Sodium Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Magnesium Gluconate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Laureth-11, Laureth-11 Carboxylic Acid, Citric Acid

L'oreal Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Aqua Essence 50ml

L'oreal Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Aqua Essence 50ml

L'OREAL HYDRAFRESH ALL DAY HYDRATION AQUA ESSENCE 50ML Description:A rapid-dissolving gel cream.Contains essential minerals including calcium, magnesi...

L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence 50ml/1.7oz by L'Oreal

L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence 50ml/1.7oz by L'Oreal

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$25.00 - Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence-50ml/1.7oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence

A moisture-boosting anti-aging essence With a soft gel texture that dissolves gently into skin Developed with Triple Hyaluronic Acid Technology plus P...
5 L'oreal Hydrafresh Toner 8.5oz Alcohol Free

5 L'oreal Hydrafresh Toner 8.5oz Alcohol Free

welcome fellow ebayers!! you're purchasing..... LOREAL HYDRAFRESH TONER lot of 5 pcs - 8.5OZ REFRESHES IN A SPLASH ALCOHOL-FREE Contact seller with an...

L'OREAL by L'Oreal for WOMEN Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Day to Sensitive Skin) --2x50ml/1.7oz

Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Day to Sensitive Skin) --2x50ml/1.7oz for WOMEN
FragranceNet

Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence

L'Oreal Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Normal/ Combination Skin) 2x 50ml/1.7oz by L'Oreal

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$39.00 - Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Normal/ Combination Skin)-2x 50ml/1.7oz - skincare / cosm...
StrawberryNET.com

L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence 50ml

L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence 50ml

eBay Message For Support Customers From Brazil Please Note: Due to slow customs clearances in Brazil we expect orders to take around a month or more f...