Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser

Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser: My Face, It's Meeeelting!

Jan 26, 2004

Pros:Nice Dispenser

Cons:Burning Sensation, Caused Redness, Strong Scent

The Bottom Line: Avoid It.

Recently my facial skin has done a complete 180, making the transition from normal T-zone problems to a complete oil slick. I have no idea what caused my skin to do this, all I do know is that it has me incredibly frustrated. When I wear makeup it seems to slide off of my skin, no matter how many times I use my pressed powder. To make matters worse, all of this oil is causing my pores to revolt. They are apparently taking matters into their own hands in the form of nasty breakouts. My normal face wash was doing nothing for my new skin problems. What's a woman to do? Well, I for one decided to start taking action, purchasing facial cleansers that would target the oil and the breakouts. One of my first purchases was Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser. Unfortunately my first purchase was my worst one.

~*~Cost & Location~*~

I purchased my bottle of Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser at my local CVS drug store on clearance for a mere $2.00. This was a whopper of a discount at a 75% mark down. I guess that should have been my first clue. You can find this product almost anywhere Loreal products are sold, varying in price.

~*~Just The Facts Folks~*~

Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser is an oil free cleanser that contains Salicylic Acid. It is formulated to help treat and prevent breakouts as well as balance the skin. It is actually Step 1 in Loreal's Pure Zone facial care line.

Loreal claims that this product will give you "healthier looking skin day after day....free from breakouts." The Salicylic Acid ingredient in this face wash is for the treatment of acne. Loreal suggests that this product be used twice a day for the best results.

Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser comes attractively packaged in a white bottle with clear blue cap. The dispenser is a push top and it easily dispenses the cleanser. A bottle of Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser contains 5 FL OZ of product.

Ingredients:

Active: Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive: Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Steareth-21, Methyl Gluceth-20, Triethanolamine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polysorbate 60, Menthol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

~*~Hold Up, This Is Supposed To Help My Skin?~*~

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I had high hopes for Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser. In all honesty the price caught my eye and I figured it was worth a shot. It was a product that would treat my breakouts and balance my skin...for only two dollars. Who could pass that up?

It was actually fortunate that I did not have super high expectations for this face wash. I would have been severely disappointed if I had. First let me start with the formula itself and the scent. The first time I pumped a dime sized amount of the white formula I smelled something familiar. I shrugged it off for a moment and began lathering the cleanser in my hands. This formula doesn't lather really well, but, I wasn't deterred. I have found that most formulas with Salicyclic Acid don't lather well.

When I brought my hands to my face to begin cleansing I knew immediately what it smelled like. Men's shaving cream! It wasn't a light scent either, it was very strong. I wasn't impressed with the scent at all, but, decided to continue with the application. I scrubbed my face thoroughly with this cleanser and then rinsed. Normally it only takes a couple hand fulls of water to thoroughly rinse my skin. Not with this cleanser. I splashed a hand full, then two, then three, then four and my face still didn't feel clean. This cleanser left a nasty feeling film on my skin.

Once I felt like I had rinsed as well as I could I toweled my face off and opened my eyes. Yowza! My eyes were burning as if I had just applied menthol directly to them. I rubbed my eyes with the towel, but to no avail. Within about thirty seconds the burning sensation in my eyes eased off. Unfortunately I wasn't through with the burning process. Oh no, no siree! My face then started burning like it was on fire. It felt, again, like I had rubbed menthol all over my face. When I looked in the mirror I could see a flush of red covering my skin. I immediately grabbed my old cleanser and started cleansing my skin, trying to get the film left by Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser off.

My old cleanser thoroughly removed the film, but, the burning sensation continued to last a good five minutes. This was not a pleasurable tingly feeling, it burned. I have used products containing Salicylic Acid before and did not experience the burning sensation that I experienced with this product.

I, like an idiot, decided to give it a second shot the next day. I rarely toss a product on the first try. Unfortunately, the same burning sensation and redness occurred with my second attempt. My skin is not sensitive, but, this product, with its combinations of ingredients is just way too harsh for me. As far as its cleansing capabilities go, they are mediocre. My face never felt truly clean when using Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser. It certainly looked clean, but, that nasty film left my skin feeling worse than before I had washed it.

~*~Overall~*~

I cannot recommend Loreal Pure Zone Skin Balancing Cream Cleanser. My skin is not super sensitive, yet this cleanser set my skin on fire and caused redness. For those with sensitive skin, avoid this like the plague. For those with normal skin, if you want to chance it, go for it, but don't say I didn't warn you!

Loreal Majilift - 601 Lightest Natural Cool Brown

Loreal Majilift - 601 Lightest Natural Cool Brown

Loreal Majilift - 601 Lightest Natural Cool Brown- Loreal Professional Majilifft Ultra Light Blonding / Toning in One Step for Dark Natrual Bases.
Loreal Quick Blue Packets 1oz

Loreal Quick Blue Packets 1oz

High Performance Powder Bleach - Instructions on back of packet zz xxLoreal Quick Blue Packets 1oz
beautydeals.net

LOREAL Natures Therapy Hot Oil Botanical Treatment for Dry Brittle or Chemically Treated Hair 4oz/118ml

Loreal Majilift - 607 Lightest Natural Coolest Brown

Loreal Majilift - 607 Lightest Natural Coolest Brown

Loreal Majilift - 607 Lightest Natural Coolest Brown- Loreal Professional Majilifft Ultra Light Blonding / Toning in One Step for Dark Natrual Bases.
LOreal Studio Line Head Lock Mega Hard Hold Gel, 6.8 oz by L'oreal

LOreal Studio Line Head Lock Mega Hard Hold Gel, 6.8 oz by L'oreal

This Gel Combines The Force Of Power-Packed Polymers And Firm-Holding Fixatives To Help Sculpt Your Style And Lock It Into Place. Structure Definition...
Herbspro.com

Loreal Sublime Sun Screen 50+ Spray + Sublime Sun For Face

Loreal Sublime Sun Screen 50+ Spray + Sublime Sun For Face

BOTH NEW NEVER USED...TAPED CAP FOR SHIPPING THANKS FOR LOOKING!I THROUGHLY INSPECT ALL ITEMS..BUT I AM HUMAN AND CAN ERROR...SO PLEASE IF YOU RECIEVE...

Loreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Black Charcoal Wash

Loreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Black Charcoal Wash

Usually ships within 3 business day
Loreal Color Gems Creme Activator 8oz

Loreal Color Gems Creme Activator 8oz

For use with Color Gems hair color. Mix Color Gem activator in amounts recommended in Color Gems hair color instructions. zz xxLoreal Color Gems Creme...
beautydeals.net

Loreal Majilift - 602 Lightest Natural Pearl Brown

Loreal Majilift - 602 Lightest Natural Pearl Brown

Loreal Majilift - 602 Lightest Natural Pearl Brown- Loreal Professional Majilifft Ultra Light Blonding / Toning in One Step for Dark Natrual Bases.
Old Spice Red Zone Collection Pure Sport Scent Deodorant, 3 oz

Old Spice Red Zone Collection Pure Sport Scent Deodorant, 3 oz

Old Spice Red Zone Collection Pure Sport Scent Deodorant provides 24 hour protection for the man who knows that when you make it to the end zone, you ...