Loreal Revitalift Face & Neck Firming Cream

Loreal RevitaLift Face & Neck Firming Cream - a facelift in a week?

Sep 21, 2002

Pros:It is not greasy and appears to have sunscreen.

Cons:It doesn't do anything. It is an expensive moisturizer with little information on the jar.

The Bottom Line: Save your money. This is not a face lift in a jar..trust me on this one.

I have had some really good luck with L’Oreal products and some that haven’t been very good. In general I like the brand and L’Oreal Plenitude RevitaLift Face & Neck Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Cream was one of the first I bought. I only used 1/2 the jar because it was doing nothing for me and I wanted to get on with other products. I have wanted to review it though, so I have kept it for several months longer than I should have since the cream has now turned yellow. The good news is that I can throw it away!

About the product and the claims:

RevitaLift comes in a 1.7-ounce very plain looking jar. The top turns easily to open and if I liked it, it would be a small, easy to travel with product.

According to the website: www.l’orealparisusa.com (and you will see the L both as a capital L and a small l depending on where you are looking. The jar has the whole name in capital letters: REVITALIFT FACE & NECK)

RevitaLift is a silky emollient formula. This formula is supposed to have penetrated my skin quickly without a greasy after-feel. It has Par Elastyl® and that is supposed to measurably increases skin's firmness. It has Pro-Retinol A and should noticeably reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.

When looking at the information on the various websites this sounds wonderful. We know that Retinol has been shown to reduce age lines but how much is in this and if it is enough to make a difference is another matter. “The active ingredient in Retin-A or Renova is tretinoin, a vitamin A derivative that can change abnormal cell production back to some level of normalcy.” http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skinfacts/wrinkles.htm

It is recommended for all skin types and it never caused a reaction on my skin which tends to be on the dry side. One of my worst experiences with a L’Oreal product brought me to the Clinique counter for their help and I was given Clinique exceptionally soothing cream for upset skin which made me all better. I love that cream!

It claims to firm the skin and smooth lines and wrinkles in just one week.

It is dermatologically tested, non-greasy and contains sunscreen. (How much sunscreen is kept from us as is most other information- more about these thoughts below.)

This product is designed for aging skin and should be used if you have visible lines and wrinkles according to the company. It is suggested that you use some of their other products to go along with this one. I do and it didn’t matter.

For personalized skincare advice please call 1-800-322-2036.

The directions:

This one is very easy to use. You can use it in the morning and afternoon/night. You can use it alone or under makeup (although remember that if you put makeup on that has no sunscreen you should put sunscreen over your makeup). I gently smoothed it onto my face and neck area until it was thoroughly absorbed.

What it is like:

The product comes in a jar so you dip your finger in it and apply it to your face. Mine now has a yellow tint but it was white. It has a pleasant fragrance. It doesn’t smell like flowers or fruits, but it doesn’t smell medicinal either. Since it is thick a little goes a long way, but you are covering your entire face and neck and this is a small jar so it won’t last too long. Of course they expect it to work in 1 week so there should be no need to worry that you will run out of it!

I found that it stung a bit when I applied it and I imagine the cause of that may be the Retinol A but there is no warning on the jar saying to expect that. I have many products that do warn me of this so I am bothered by the lack of directions as well as any information on the jar. Most information I have is either from the website, drugstore.com and my own personal experience. I have never seen a product that has nothing on the jar except when to use it and how to use it, taking up 3 lines. I know the jar is small, but I have other small jars and information is on the bottom so that is not an excuse.

Many of these products come in a cardboard box. This may have and may have had additional information. Most people do not keep the boxes unless they are going to review the product. I only knew I was going to review it when I no longer had a box. Again, there is no excuse for lack of information. A pamphlet can come with it that can be easily held onto. This is just my opinion about the packaging of this product!

L’Oreal cosmetics is a company which tests products on animals.

Ingredients: (from drugstore.com)

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Myristyl Myristate, Vegetable Oil, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Beeswax, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, C13-14 Isoparaffin (Par-Elastyl), Laureth-7, Polyacrylamide, PEG-20 Stearate, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Soy Protein, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate (Pro-Retinol A), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Corn Oil, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA

Some more of my thoughts- did it do anything?

No. This is an expensive moisturizer with sunscreen at $12.99 for 1.7 ounces. Some of their claims are accurate – it is not greasy, it penetrates my skin quickly and easily and the smell is pleasant. I have had a little help from my friends with my skin but at 50, there is always room for toning and tightening of muscles as well as decreased wrinkles. At this point I would take even the appearance of decreased wrinkles. It does none of this and to make a claim that you will see a difference in 1 week is mighty bold in my opinion.

Save your money! There are no miracle creams, although I do think some may reduce the appearance of fine lines, this is not one of them. I do not think any product can tighten the facial muscles on a long-term basis. (You can get rid of cellulite and puffy eyes with Preparation H, many of you know, but it is a short-term solution.) For a long-term solution, see a dermatologist and then a plastic surgeon!

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment.

Revitalift Triple Power Eye (1 Pack)

Revitalift Triple Power Eye (1 Pack)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Revitalift Triple Power Eye (1 Pack) L'Oreal Paris Revitalift presents the next generation of skincare. T...

L'oreal Plenitude Revitalift Face & Neck Anti-wrinkle + Firming Cream 0.30 Oz

L'oreal Plenitude Revitalift Face & Neck Anti-wrinkle + Firming Cream 0.30 Oz

L'OREAL PLENITUDE REVITALIFT FACE NECK 0.30 OZ ANTI-WRINKLE + FIR MING CREAM WITH PRO-RETINOL FIRMS SKIN AND SMOOTHES LINES AND WRINKLES IN JUST ONE W...

Revitalift Anti-wrinkle & Firming Moisturizer For Face & Neck By L'oreal Paris

Revitalift Anti-wrinkle & Firming Moisturizer For Face & Neck By L'oreal Paris

Home View All Listings About Us Shipping Payment Feedback FAQ Store Newsletter Contact Us Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisturizer For Face Neck by...

L`oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-wrinkle + Firming Face And Neck Contour Cream, 1.7

L`Oreal Paris RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Face and Neck Contour Cream, 1.7 , New, Free Shipping This unique daily moisturizer delivers anti-wrin...

Dermo-Expertise RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream For Face & Neck (New Formula)-50ml/1.7oz

An anti-wrinkle & firming cream Fine texture & quickly penetrates into skin Delivers skin surface with Par-Elastyl & Bio-Vityl Reduces appearance of f...
L'oreal Revitalift Anti-wrinkle Firming Night Cream Face/neck Bonus Size 2.55 Oz

L'OREAL Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream Face/Neck BONUS SIZE 2.55 oz THIS IS STILL SEALED UNBOXED AS SHOWN GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC!PayPal—e...

L'oreal Revitalift Face - Neck Anti-wrinkle - Firming Moisturizer Cream 1.70 Oz

L'oreal Revitalift Face - Neck Anti-wrinkle - Firming Moisturizer Cream 1.70 Oz

L'Oreal Revitalift Face - Neck Anti-Wrinkle - Firming Moisturizer Cream 1.70 oz Posted with eBay Mobile

L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Triple Power Eye Treatment, .5 fl oz

L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Triple Power Eye Treatment, .5 fl oz

Aging skin requires intensive action to help restore its youthful look. You can fight the signs of aging with the L'Oreal Eye Treatment. In the delica...

L'oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-wrinkle Firming Face & Neck Cream 1.7 Oz-3 Pack

L'oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-wrinkle Firming Face & Neck Cream 1.7 Oz-3 Pack

♦ Dealsbuzz ♦ L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Face Neck Cream 1.7 Oz-3 Pack ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Description This unique d...

L'Oreal RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream 14g/0.5oz by L'Oreal

L'Oreal RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream 14g/0.5oz by L'Oreal

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$19.00 - RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream-14g/0.5oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com