Loreal Vive Fresh Shine Shampoo for Frequent Use

Loreal Vive Fresh Shine Suits my Short, Frequently Washed Hair Just Fine

Apr 11, 2006 (Updated Aug 31, 2006)

Pros:Great scent; Fair price; Good for frequently washed hair

Cons:Would like to see more variety from Vive in bottle sizes and scents.

The Bottom Line: This is a very good shampoo from Loreal, with a great scent and enough moisturizers to prevent dryness.

I’m not terribly picky when it comes to shampoo, but I do prefer some products to others. There was once a time when I would accept anything on the store shelf as long as the price was less than $2.00. I would make my hair care buying decisions solely on price, with little consideration for quality.

Today, I am a little more concerned about hair care than I once was and I now limit my shampoo to a handful of brand names that aren’t cheap, but are not very expensive either. One of my choices of brand names is Loreal Vive and the specific type I purchase most often is Loreal Vive Fresh Shine, a shampoo product for all hair types.

Basic Facts About This Product:

This brand of shampoo has a lotion- like consistency and appearance. There is no conditioner in this shampoo (Loreal does sell a separate conditioner and a shampoo/conditioner all-in-on product) even though it seems like it contains conditioner when you touch it. The product has a pleasant scent that is mostly citrus with a little bit of floral and soap.

This product is formulated with Vive’s patented Citrus CR- a system that supposedly reduces stripping, keeps hair feeling light and fresh, and creates a healthy shine. Vive recommends using this shampoo along with its conditioning product for best results, but this is not necessary.

Loreal Vive Fresh Shine is sold in a small, 13 oz. (384 ml) bottle with an attached, flip top cap that eliminates the problem of losing the cap. The bottle is oval in design and thin, making it easy to grip and squeeze.

Ingredients:

This shampoo is made using water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco betaine, cetylalohol, dimethicone, hydroxyl- stearyl cetylether, sodium chloride, cocamide MIPA, DMDM hydantoi, sodium methylparaben, phenoxyethonal, ethylparaben, PPG-5-ceteth-20, polyquaternium- 10, limonene, linalool, propylene glycol, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, carbomer, citric acid, butylphenylmethylpropional, methylparaben, butylparaben, hexylcinnamal, and parfum/fragrance.

Customer Service:

If you want to know more about this or other Loreal products, the first place to check is the web site, lorealparis.com. Consumers should be able to find what they want on the web site. But if you cannot get the information you’re looking for, the best thing to do is call 888-4LOREAL (888-456-7325).

Final Thoughts:

Shampoos are one of many products I didn’t pay much attention to in my younger days. I have always had shorter hair but even when it was thicker, I tended to operate under the philosophy that soap is soap and shampoo is shampoo. So, my buying decisions were based almost exclusively on price. The less expensive the shampoo, the more likely it was to get my hard- earned dollars.

Today, however, I pay closer attention to shampoos and I no longer reach for the bottom row on the store shelves- where the least expensive products are usually located. Today, I tend to select among the moderately priced shampoos on the middle rows because they seem to get the job done for a fair price. And Loreal Fresh Shine is one of my most often purchased brands.

Several reasons make me like this shampoo more than most others. First, I really like the scent. The combination of citrus and floral is pleasant and gender neutral. It isn’t a “man’s” scent or a “woman’s” scent. It is the type of scent that appeals to many people. It is a very nice, fresh, clean scent. And it takes very little to work up a large amount of lather. Just a tiny dab in my hand- maybe 5 ml- is all it takes to wash my hair thoroughly.

Next, I like the semi- conditioning qualities of this shampoo. There is no actual conditioner in this product. Conditioner has to be purchased separately or in combination with the shampoo. But because of the lotion- like feel and texture of this shampoo, it does possess some of the qualities of a shampoo/conditioner mixture. My hair is normal to dry and it’s short, so my experience may be different from other people. But when I use this product, I feel like my scalp and hair are more moisturized. I don’t see any need to use a separate conditioner because my hair already feels like it has received just a dab of conditioner. And this is fine by me, since I don’t normally use conditioner anyway.

Rinsing this product from the hair takes a little greater effort than with other shampoos. Again, it goes back to the conditioning effect. This shampoo seems to cling to the hair a little more than other shampoos and so it takes a little more effort to wash it out. This doesn’t mean it takes a great effort. It only means that it takes longer to rinse out than some of the cheaper brands. But once it is out, it is out. There is no residue left behind.

Loreal claims this shampoo is intended for frequently shampooed hair because it cleans without stripping. I can vouch for that. I wash my hair about six times in an average week and with the added moisturizers, my hair doesn’t feel as brittle as it does with some of the less expensive brands. The individual strands feel more strongly rooted with this product, making them less likely to break off.

Loreal Fresh Shine Shampoo is moderately priced. The regular retail price for a 13 oz. (384 ml) bottle is about $3.99. It is common for this shampoo to be reduced in price in many stores and the sale rate is usually $2.99. In addition to this, it is also common to find coupons and these manufacturer coupons are typically in the fifty cents to one dollar range. This makes Loreal easily affordable. The price isn’t too high or too low.

Overall, Loreal Fresh Shine is one of my most commonly purchased shampoos. It has a great scent and it cleans hair effectively with little stripping. It would be nice if there were more size options and more scents (even though I love this scent, I would still prefer some variety), but Loreal Fresh Shine will suffice for now. It is a very good shampoo for the money and one I will continue to buy periodically as long as I have hair on my head.

Be Sure to Click the Links Below to Read Reviews on Related Products:

Salon Selectives Perfectly Normal

Pantene Sheer Volume

L'oreal Paris Vive Pro Men Daily Thickening Shampoo, Fine/thinning Hair, 13 Oz

L'oreal Paris Vive Pro Men Daily Thickening Shampoo, Fine/thinning Hair, 13 Oz

L'Oreal Paris Vive Pro Men Daily Thickening Shampoo, Fine/Thinning Hair, 13 oz PACK:(2 Pack)(3 Pack)(4 Pack)

L'Oreal Paris Vive Pro For Men Daily Thickening Shampoo, 13.0 Fluid Ounce

L'Oreal Paris Vive Pro For Men Daily Thickening Shampoo, 13.0 Fluid Ounce

Features: Recommended by the hair experts at L'Oreal Fortifies fine/thinning hair Before using Daily Thickening Shampoo, thinning hair loses its fulln...
Loreal Textureline Fresh Style Shampoo 32 oz

Loreal Textureline Fresh Style Shampoo 32 oz

L'Oreal Textureline Fresh Style Shampoo 32 oz - Lightweight cleanser for fine to medium hair. Formulated with texturelight technology, fresh style 's ...
DiscontinuedBeauty
L'oreal Vive Pro Color Hi Nutri Gloss Conditioner Shampoo Shine Set 3 Damaged

L'oreal Vive Pro Color Hi Nutri Gloss Conditioner Shampoo Shine Set 3 Damaged

L'Oreal Vive Pro Color Hi Nutri Gloss Conditioner Shampoo Shine Set 3 Damaged Visit My eBay Store: Red Stuff More for more great Bath Beauty items! Do...

Lot Of 2 L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoo 13 Oz X 2

Lot Of 2 L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoo 13 Oz X 2

Lot of 2 new L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoo. You will receive (2) 13 fl oz bottles Nutri gloss dull or damaged hair. Before using n...

Loreal Serie Expert Silver Shampoo Shine Reviving & Gloss Protect 50.7 oz
12 L'oreal Paris Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoos & Conditioners 13 Oz

DESCRIPTION: You are purchasing 12 L'OREAL PARIS, VIVE pro., NUTRI GLOSS, MIRROR SHINE, 6 shampoos, 6 conditioners, with Pearl Protein Complex that in...

3 L'oreal Color Vive Shampoo For Pro Dry Damaged & Color Treated Hair