Loreal Wrinkle De Crease Collagen Filler Wrinkle Reducer

L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler ~ No Miracle Here

Sep 12, 2005

Pros:Slightly plumped and diffused wrinkles and lines for a short time

Cons:Plumping effect doesn't last, no improvement with continued use

The Bottom Line: No miracle, yet for a short time plumps lines and wrinkles. I found no benefit from continued use. Better for fine lines than deep wrinkles.

Yes, I've got some lines and wrinkles, and yes I would love to minimize them. So naturally I was taken in by the grand claims made on the box of L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Wrinkle Reducer. Actually $17.87 is a fair price to pay for wrinkle reduction - if it worked. First of all let me tell you about the product and what L'Oreal says it will do.

~ Product Description

L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Wrinkle Reducer is, according to L'Oreal, the first wrinkle reducer with Collagen Bio-Spheres and Boswelox that is applied onto wrinkles to diffuse and fill in the depth and length of facial lines and wrinkles. The packaging tells us these Collagen Bio-Spheres penetrate the surface of the skin. And as they come into contact with water which is naturally found in the skin, they expand to plump and fill facial lines and wrinkles.

L'Oreal tells us this collagen filler can be applied on all wrinkles, such as forehead wrinkles, wrinkles around the eyes, brow furrows, laugh lines, and vertical lines around the mouth.

The packaging describes the following results can be expected:

- Immediately the appearance of expression lines and crow's feet is softened and diffused by up to 20%

With continuous use, consumers saw improved results as follows:

- In one week, 38% saw fewer forehead wrinkles and 44% saw fewer lines around the eyes
- In three weeks, 46% saw fewer forehead wrinkles and 54% saw fewer lines around the eyes

Of course the part that got my attention was immediately appearance of lines is softened.

~ Directions for Use

This product can be used morning and/or night. For targeted wrinkle care, apply the collagen filler directly onto wrinkles. Or, for a complete anti-aging treatment, apply alone over the entire face. If applying over the entire face, gently smooth into skin. If applying directly to wrinkles, smooth, then dab, allowing the cream to penetrate and be absorbed into skin.

L'Oreal recommends that you cleanse first, then apply this collagen filler, applying your day or evening moisturizer last.

~ Packaging and Ingredients

L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Wrinkle Reducer comes in a 1.0 fl. oz. tube packaged in a box. On the box is an actual-sized picture of the tube. The tube's cap has a slanted tip, similar to a new lipstick kind of shape. However, when you remove the slanted cap you find it covers a simple pointed-tip applicator, which is part of the tube itself.

This product is dermatologist tested.

I found this at my local Wal-Mart for $17.87. A splurge, I felt - but anything to lessen those wrinkles!

Here are the ingredients:

Aqua Water , Glycerin , Squalane , Butyrospermum Parkii Shea Butter , Cyclohexasiloxane , Aluminum Starchoctenylsuccinate , Poly C10-30 Alkylacrylate , Sucrosestearate , Cera Alba Beeswax , Cyclopentasiloxane , Sodium Polyacrylate , Stearic Acid , Silica , Paraffin , Dipropylene Glycol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate , Dimethiconol , Manganese Gluconate , Padina Pavonica Padina Povonica Extract , Bosweliaserrata Bosweliaserrata Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Atelocollagen , Sodium Hydroxide , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Chlorphenesin , Phenoxyethanol , Parfum Fragrance , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Alpha-Iso-Mehylionone , Hydroxyisohexyl-3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Salicylate , Linalool , Hexycinnamal, Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate , Citronellol

~ My Experience

I could hardly wait to try this product! I first removed the cap, and decided to apply a thin line directly to some wrinkles on my forehead, as pictured on the box. The cream is white, and comes out of the tube very slowly in a thin line. You do have to squeeze the tube kind of hard. I noticed a slight fragrance, kind of like a clean shampoo kind of scent, which was pleasant enough and not over powering. After I got the collagen filler applied to my forehead wrinkles, I smoothed it in lightly, then dabbed, as instructed. The cream is quite thick and rich, by the way, yet it didn't leave a greasy feel or an oily shine. It absorbed quickly into my skin. I also applied to my smile lines and the fine lines around my eyes.

Peering closer into the mirror to inspect my wrinkles, I really think I could see a slight improvement immediately. Emphasis on slight. So slight it might have been my imagination. But wait, my skin actually did feel slightly tighter and plumper. Yes, I think I can definitely see some wee bit of improvement.

I found that foundation applied well over this, too. Which is great, because I can use this for daytime as well as before bed.

I've been using L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Wrinkle Reducer for about three weeks now, sometimes once a day, but usually morning and evening. I haven't noticed any further improvement after the continued use. But I do think there is some immediate plumping and slight filling in of wrinkles right after application. Although this effect is not long lived, generally a few hours at best, unfortunately. Actually it seems to work the best on the fine lines around my eyes. The deeper wrinkles and creases, smile lines, aren't helped much at all.

~ Final Thoughts

L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Wrinkle Reducer does provide some slight immediate plumping and diffusing of fine lines and wrinkles. However the effect does not last more than a few hours. After three weeks use, I have not noticed any more improvement than I did on the first application. For a special evening out, or a social event - hey, why not. I think it helps a little bit.

I'm torn whether or not to recommend this, because it did smooth and plump somewhat. Yet the results were so temporary, and I didn't experience any benefit from continued use. I think from my experience I cannot recommend it. But if you have younger skin than I, with less wrinkles and mostly fine lines, you may find this worthwhile.

L'oreal Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Re-plumper Day Cream 50ml/1.7

L'oreal Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Re-plumper Day Cream 50ml/1.7

L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Re-Plumper Day Cream 50ml/1.7 A potent anti-wrinkle day cream Enriched with Collagen to visibly lessen appearance o...

L'oreal Paris Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Filler Day Cream 30ml

L'oreal Paris Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Filler Day Cream 30ml

New L'OREAL Paris Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Day Cream 30ml This Collagen Filler's texture is enriched with silicone infiltrates each crease to...

L'oreal Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Filler Eye Illuminator Targeted Eye Treatment

Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Eye Illuminator by L'Oreal 15 g / 0.5 fl.oz.New in box Please Note Box Is Really Beat upTargeted Eye Treatment with ...

L'oreal Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Filler Eye Illuminator

L'oreal Wrinkle De-crease Collagen Filler Eye Illuminator

Detailed item info Product Information Look younger and gorgeous by reducing unwanted aging marks with the L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler E...

Loreal Mens Expert Vita Lift Anti-wrinkle and Firming Moisturizer - 1.6 Oz, Pack of 3

Mens Expert Vita Anti -Wrinkle & Firming Moisturizer is for men who are 45+ and men who are concerned about wrinkles, sagging skin, or loss of firmnes...
Lancôme High Resolution With Collaser 48 Deep Collagen Anti-wrinkle Serum .33 Oz

i000000 v Lancôme High Resolution with Collaser 48 Deep Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Serum .33 oz Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge DESCRIPTION: AUCTION IS F...

L'Oreal Men Expert Wrinkle De-Crease Anti-Expression Wrinkles Moisturising Cream 50ml/1.6oz by L'Oreal

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$18.50 - Men Expert Wrinkle De-Crease Anti-Expression Wrinkles Moisturising Cream-50ml/1.6oz - skincare...
StrawberryNET.com

Men Expert Wrinkle De-Crease Anti-Expression Wrinkles Moisturising Cream - 50ml/1.6oz

Loreal Super Blue Creme Oil Lightener Kit

Loreal Super Blue Creme Oil Lightener Kit

Loreal Super Blue Creme Oil Lightener Kit lifts and prepares hair for any toning or coloring process, built-in drabber to help eliminate red, gold, an...
Brighton Beauty Supply
CSI Collagen Nourish Anti-Wrinkle Serum - Non-GMO -- 1 fl oz

CSI Collagen Nourish Anti-Wrinkle Serum - Non-GMO -- 1 fl oz

Collagen is the main protein found in connective tissue which gives skin structural support. During the natural aging process, your skin's ability to ...
Vitacost.com