Lotrimin AF Cream

Lotrimin AF Cream: The Diaper Cream You Don't Know You Need

Jun 5, 2004

Pros:clears up a yeasty diaper rash in no time flat

Cons:gosh, it's expensive

The Bottom Line: The Bottom Line is that they should put a cute teddy bear on this bad boy and put it on the baby aisle too.

Yes, you did read that title correctly. I've never had athlete's foot, thank goodness. My entire experience with Lotrimin AF Cream has been putting it on baby's bottoms, and it's become something I always keep in my medicine cabinet.

~&~ The Basics ~&~

Lotrimin AF Cream is an antifungal cream made with the active ingredient clotrimazole (1% by volume). This cream is sold in a .42 ounce size and a .85 ounce size. Used to treat conditions such as athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm, it is also the same active ingredient in the products sold to treat vaginal yeast infections (isn't this review just chock FULL of fun topics?), so it will also do the trick in treating a yeast infection on a baby.

Lotrimin AF Cream is a white, fragrance-free cream. To apply, make sure that the area is thoroughly washed and dried, then apply a thin layer over the affected area. The directions suggest twice daily, but I have found with diaper changes, if I'm washing it off soon after one application when changing, I might apply slightly more often.

~&~ Our Experience ~&~

My first experience with a yeast infection in a baby was with my daughter. She was so chubby that she had fat folds on the backs of her thighs that looked like an extra knee. Being a new mom, I probably wasn't as experienced in HOW diligently I had to dry those areas after a bath, and soon enough, she had this horrible red rash that just looked raw. My pediatrician diagnosed it as a yeast infection, and told us to apply Lotrimin AF Cream twice daily. It cleared up soon after, and I discovered that yeast infections in babies aren't as rare as you'd think.

When my kids have a diaper rash, I turn to Triple Paste Medicated Ointment, but if that doesn't do the trick, I know I'm dealing with a yeast infection 9 times out of 10. My son recently developed one heck of a rash when he was ill. The combination of a high fever combined with Mommy doling out too much juice just to keep him drinking netted him one heck of a rash. Two days into it, I realized the trusty Triple Paste wasn't touching it, and I reached for my Lotrimin AF Cream. Two days after THAT, his adorably little tushy was back to normal, and diaper changes could be completed without all the screaming and crying.

~&~ Overall ~&~

While it's not something you get at your baby shower, Lotrimin AF Cream is something every parent of a baby in diapers should have on hand. It's not something you think of using all the time, but I've found that I end up using it more often than I ever thought I would, and I'd rather catch a yeast infection rash quickly than let it continue.

Antifungal Athletes Foot Ringworm Skin Relief Cream Aid

Antifungal Athletes Foot Ringworm Skin Relief Cream Aid

Antifungal Athletes Foot Ringworm Skin Relief Cream Aid Good Sense Antifungal Cream 1% 0.5oz. Cures most athlete's foot on the whole foot and cures mo...

AF HONEY, ALMOND & VANILLA CREAM CHEESE 8OZ

AF HONEY, ALMOND & VANILLA CREAM CHEESE 8OZ

Find cheese and cheese substitues at Target.com! Af honey, almond & vanilla cream cheese 8oz

(2) Ainhoa Caviar Revitalizing Colour Cream 1.7 Fl Oz 50 Ml Exp 07/17 Af3

(2) Ainhoa Caviar Revitalizing Colour Cream 1.7 Fl Oz 50 Ml Exp 07/17 Af3

(2) Ainhoa Caviar Revitalizing Colour Cream 1.7 Fl oz 50 ml Exp 07/17 AF3 *This item is brand new, still in it's plastic wrap**MSRP Revitalizing crema...

Ainhoa Caviar Revitalizing Colour Cream 1.7 Fl Oz 50 Ml Exp 07/17 Af3

Ainhoa Caviar Revitalizing Colour Cream 1.7 Fl Oz 50 Ml Exp 07/17 Af3

Ainhoa Caviar Revitalizing Colour Cream 1.7 Fl oz 50 ml Exp 07/17 AF3 *This item is brand new, still in it's plastic wrap*Revitalizing crema de color ...