Loud N And Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Hearing Aid Reviews

Loud N And Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Hearing Aid

Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier "Hearing Aid?"

Jul 7, 2009

Pros:Inexpensive

Cons:takes some getting used to.

The Bottom Line: These Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifiers do more than I expectred for a guy who is hard of hearing.

I never would have thought an "As seen on TV" prodct would really work for me! Now I can see and HEAR the Michael Jackson Memorial today in full living "sound"!

I was in a local Staples store and on an end cap was the Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier with the as seen on TV emblem on the packaging. I have seen commercials for it but never paid them much mind. For some reason I picked up the package priced at $14.95 gave it a quick read and added it to my shopping cart.

Why a Loud 'n Clear For Me?

I am hard of hearing. It was from using a jackhammer and other such equipment years back without proper ear protection and my ears certainly didn't get any better when I was very involved in a business that set up parties with loud music as staple.

Interesting is that the title of this item on Epinions adds the two words, hearing aid. The packaging however is clear to mention this is NOT a hearing aid and is not for those who are hard of hearing.

Quick background. Though I have had my ears checked out and have had hearing aids suggested by the doc, I have refused to go that route primarily because of cost. Somehow I do get through the day without them. Yes, I agree that I don't hear everything I should, I hear things wrong and I may even drive some people crazy with my repeated, "What did you say?"

All that said, I didn't get this as a hearing aid to use in conversation or to wear regularly at home or work. I got it so I could watch TV without the volume being too loud for my wife. Ya know what? It works!

Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier

This comes packaged in a hard plastic bubble type container as viewed above. It takes scissors or a knife blade to open. The amplifier itself is about two inches long tapering from about three quarter inch to a semi-pointed three eighths inch.

Attached is a simple device that attaches the thing to the ear. It's a black rubber that is molded around a flexible metal inside. It's quite pliable and can swing and bend to mold over either the left or right ear.

A very small round switch that turns the Loud 'n Clear on and off and also controls volume is built into the nits side. Though it is small, I can easily regulate it and turn the system on and off.

A small LED light shows when the Loud 'n Clear is on and off. The personal sound amplifier comes with four small batteries. It needs but two at a time. These can be found in some retail outlets. They are  specialty batteries. They go in easy enough and the small door closes and locks well.

Listening To TV

So I put this thing on my right ear. It took a little bit of figuring out to get the thing to stay properly but after I "got it", it sets up easily. I turn on the TV to a level that my wife listens to. I couldn't hear it well. Once I turned on the "Loud 'n Clear" I could hear it just fine.

There is a learning curve getting the thing in the ear properly and setting the volume just right. At one point I heard feed back and then lowered the volume. There is a slight echo sound at times but nothing bad enough to bother me.

I can now watch TV at a sound level that is humane to my wife. That is good.

But Wait! There's More!!

My wife who was in a chair about six or seven feet away from me was talking to someone on the phone. I had my Loud and clear personal sound amplifier on. When I turned toward her I could hear and understand the person on the phone. Perhaps others can do the same to but, I was never able to. It was interesting listening to both sides of the conversation.

In the mornings I can hear birds chirping and also sounds that aren't as pleasing as cars driving by the house and trains doing the same. I suppose I have to take the good with the bad.

All in all though, this takes care of the problem I wanted to address, and that my friends is pleasing to me.

I can recommend these Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier. No they aren't officially "hearing Aids" but they do help me hear.

Loud N Clear Personal Sound Amplifier

Loud N Clear Personal Sound AmplifierTurns ordinary hearing into extraordinary hearing!What can you do when it's hard to hear but you don't want to mi...

Loud N Clear Personal Sound Amplifier

end_display_feedback_code_window Loud N Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Turns ordinary hearing into extraordinary hearing!What can you do when it's har...

Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Batteries Included Nip

Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Batteries Included Nip

Loud 'N Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Batteries Included NIP Amplifies sound from up to 90ft New in Package FREE SHIPPING!
Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Up To 90ft Away Powerful - As Seen On Tv

Loud 'n Clear Personal Sound Amplifier Up To 90ft Away Powerful - As Seen On Tv

~NIP~Original As Seen on TV LOUD 'N CLEAR PERSONAL SOUND AMPLIFIER Amplifies Sound from up to 90 ft Away!* Discreet Powerful!* Lightweight!* Adjustabl...

Loud N Clear Personal Sound Amplification As Seen On Tv In Bulk Pack(2 Set

Loud N Clear Personal Sound Amplification As Seen On Tv In Bulk Pack(2 Set

Loud N Clear Personal Sound Amplification 2 Set As Seen On TV new in bulk pack This item is new unused comes without original packing in bulk pack Inc...

Nip Loud N' Clear Personal Sound Amplifier As Seen On Tv Batteries Included

Nip Loud N' Clear Personal Sound Amplifier As Seen On Tv Batteries Included

AS SEEN ON TV LOUD N' CLEAR PERSONAL SOUND AMPLIFIER AMPLIFIES SOUND FROM UP TO 90' AWAY!BRAND NEW IN SEALED PACKAGE TURN UP THE VOLUME WITHOUT DISTUR...
Loud N' Clear As Seen On Tv Personal Sound Amplifier Brand

As Seen On Tv Loud N' Clear Personal Sound Amplifier

As Seen On Tv Loud N' Clear Personal Sound Amplifier

DESCRIPTIONS:Amplifies Sound From Up to 90ft Away!Turn Up the Volume Without Disturbing Others!Sound Amplifier Discreet Powerful Lightweight!Ajustable...

Listen Up Personal Sound Amplifier Hearing Assistance Aid Loud N Clear Ontel

Listen Up Personal Sound Amplifier Hearing Assistance Aid Loud N Clear Ontel

SO POWERFUL, YOU CAN HEAR A PIN DROP ACROSS THE ROOM! ENJOY CONVERSATIONS, MUSIC, TV AND THEATRE WITHOUT STRUGGLING TO HEAR. LISTEN UP HAS A COMPACT A...