Johnson Johnson Luden S Throat Drops Wild 30 Reviews

Johnson Johnson Luden S Throat Drops Wild 30

Luden's wild cherry throat drops

Jan 12, 2010

Pros:Fast relief, taste good to kids

Cons:My daughter thinks they are candy, have to hide them

The Bottom Line: Luden's wild cherry throat drops work very well, and are a good flavor for kids who do not like the strength of more adult drops.

I buy the Luden's wild cherry throat drops for my daughter when she has a sore or irritated throat. These are just about the only kind that her school will allow me to send in to the nurse should she need them in school, and they are more geared toward kids as far as the taste of them goes. They taste more like a candy then a throat drop. This can be both a good thing and a bad one, which I will get in to more about below.

The Walgreens pharmacy here in Rhode Island, is the one that sells them the cheapest around here where we live. They go for $1.99 per bag of 30 throat drops. The do sell them in CVS, Rite Aid, Sams, Walmart, Target, K-mart, Stop and Shop, Shaws and many other stores as well. However the prices vary from $2.50 to $3.50 for the same size bag and brand. So I choose to shop at Walgreens for them.

Details and facts:

Let me start by saying that the Luden's wild cherry throat drops are not cough drops and will not help with coughing much. These are throat drops. Their purpose is to sooth and help comfort irritations, sore throat, scratchy throat or even dry mouth with sore throat. These are the indications. If you are looking for some thing that helps with cough as well, these will not do the trick.

The Luden's wild cherry throat drops contain Active Ingredients: In each drop: Pectin (2.8 mg) (Oral Demulcent) Inactive Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, FD&C Blue 2, FD&C Red 40, Flavor, Malic Acid, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Chloride, Soybean Oil, Sucrose, Water. That list of ingredients can be credited to Drugstore.com.

Luden's wild cherry throat drops come in bags of 30. They can also be bought in small travel boxes. I have never purchased those, I am not sure of their cost. However the bag that the Luden's wild cherry throat drops comes in is resealable with a zipper like lock at the top. This zipper is accurate. To make sure it is not damaged, when you open the package use scissors to cut along the guided line.

The indicated recommended dose of using the Luden's wild cherry throat drops states that you should not give one of these throat drops to a child under the age of three years old. They would be a choking hazard. Adults and children over the age of three years old can dissolve one Luden's wild cherry throat drop in their mouth slowly, and repeat the dose as needed. Do not repeat for more then two days at a time for a child under three, should your doctor have approved these for your toddler.

The package has a sore throat warning. It states that a severe or persistent long lasting sore throat, or a sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea and vomiting may be a sign of some thing that may be more serious. Should this apply to you you should consult your doctor as soon as possible.

Use and recommendation:

I have used a few. To be honest I don't like the tart yet sweet taste of wild cherry. I know I did like them when I was a child. They do work for dry mouth which is what I used a few for. My daughter is allowed to have a few at school when she has a sore or irritated throat. They do work for her as well.

My daughter is seven years old. She really likes the taste of the Luden's wild cherry throat drops. This can be good because she likes to take them, so it is easy to get her to comply to having one. However, it can also be bad. I have to hide the bag from her because she is known to eat them as if they are candy. This of course is not good. So if giving them to a child. I would recommend to hide them where they can't get at them to eat them.

Emmily often feels a lot better very quickly when having a Luden's wild cherry throat drop. It does ease her sore throat pain, and does help her with that itchy or scratchy feeling as well. They provide pretty fast relief. They last some times for about an hour or two before she has to take another one. So that is not bad either. I do like how they work and they are not very much money to buy either. I would recommend the Luden's wild cherry throat drops.

Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo - 1 Pack
Johnson & Johnson Moisture Care Baby Wash 15 Oz (3 Pack)

Johnson & Johnson Moisture Care Baby Wash 15 Oz (3 Pack)

Johnson & Johnson Johnsons Moisture Care Baby Wash 15 oz

Johnson Johnson(R) Cotton Swabs, White, Box Of 525

Johnson Johnson(R) Cotton Swabs, White, Box Of 525

Made of 100% pure, high-quality cotton Premium-grade cotton has just the right combination of softness and strength. Johnson Johnson(R) Cotton Swabs, ...
Office Depot

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE 2 COLOURS Enhancers Contact Lenses

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE 2 COLOURS Enhancers Contact Lenses

ACUVUE 2 COLOURS Enhancers offer exceptional comfort and superior vision. Whether you're looking for dramatic change or just a little extra sparkle Ac...
AC Lens

Johnson & Johnson Water Proof Pads - 6 Count

Johnson & Johnson Water Proof Pads - 6 Count

Find first aid at Target.com! Johnson & johnson red cross‚ brand waterproof pads . featuring water-defense‚ technology, johnson & johnson red cross‚ b...

American Drug Supply Store
Johnson Johnson No More Tangles Spray 10 Ounce

Johnson Johnson No More Tangles Spray 10 Ounce

No more tears. For wet or dry hair. Easy detangling manageability. This No More Tears Formula provides easier detangling and better manageability
Toys R Us

Johnson & Johnson Band Aids 20-count, Princess (pack Of 1)

Johnson & Johnson Band Aids 20-count, Princess (pack Of 1)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Johnson Johnson Band Aids 20-Count, Princess (Pack of 1) Transform moments of hurt into moments of healin...

Product Description Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo - 1 Pack
Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion 4 Oz.

Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion 4 Oz.

Johnson Johnson Baby Lotion 4 oz. Powered by eBay Turbo Lister The free listing tool. List your items fast and easy and manage your active items.