Lullaby Light Show

Lullaby, and Goodnight

Feb 1, 2008 (Updated Feb 2, 2008)

Pros:Calming, lovely way to end the day, great for teaching children shapes, colors, and animals

Cons:Images can be blurry, no on/off switch, no volume control

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this Lullaby Light Show! This has been well loved in our home for 4 years. The lights and music provide a peaceful nighttime routine.

Tomy’s Lullaby Light Show was one of my favorite baby gifts!

The Lullaby Light Show is a circular dome, measuring approximately 8 inches in diameter and about 5 inches high. The dome on top is translucent and etched with colorful designs and animals. There is a small light bulb under the dome. It requires 3 D batteries, which are not included.

To operate the Light Show, you need to turn the dial in a clockwise direction until fully wound. This can be done in under 30 seconds. The Light Show will now slowly revolve, softly displaying all of the designs, shapes, and animals on the walls and ceiling, while playing Brahms Lullaby. The sound quality is fairly decent. Both the music and lights will automatically turn off after 5 minutes. The light will go out first, and the music will also, about 20 seconds later.

The Designs

There is a nice colorful variety of designs and animals. The designs are small dashes of color, dots, and swirls. The shapes are a star, square, triangle, crescent, and pentagon. The animals are 2 brown monkeys in a tree, an orange ostrich, a yellow giraffe, a red and white elephant spraying water, two blue and purple hippos, 6 different colored birds, a yellow lion, a red rhino, and a blue and green striped tiger.

Our Experience

At the hospital where my daughter was born, a short version of Brahms Lullaby is played over the intercom after each birth. The music let the hospital workers and visitors know that a baby had been born, so they could say a quick prayer or blessing for the baby. While I was still in the hospital, I was given this Lullaby Light Show, which was perfect due to the lullaby. My daughter listened to it when she was two days old, and at the age of four, still enjoys it.

In the beginning, my daughter would watch the images revolve around the room. As she became more mobile, she liked to try to catch them. As she became more verbal, she learned the names of the animals, the shapes, and the colors. She also hummed along to the tune. Now at age four, she likes to play it for her cat because he is hilarious as he pounces on the images on the walls. After all these years, this Light Show is still loved. It is a wonderful, peaceful way to end the day.

As much as we have loved this gift, I am disappointed in the crispness of the images. Our daughter has a small room, with low ceilings. When we placed the Light Show on the floor, in the middle of the room, the images would be blurry. We found that it worked best if an adult held it up towards the ceiling, in the middle of the room, or we set it on the floor in the corner. The images near the corner would be sharp, but others around the room would be blurry. This flaw actually worked in our favor, for it was a great opportunity for teaching our daughter problem solving and cause and effect.

Another thing I am disappointed in is that there is not an on/off switch and not a volume control for the lullaby. These are minor complaints, but I wanted to point them out.

Final Thoughts

This has been a lovely gift for us. It was part of our bedtime routine for years. It was wonderful to turn the lights off, cuddle, and watch a beautiful light show and listen to soothing music. I will be saving this for my future grandchildren. I highly recommend!

Amount Paid (US$): Gift

Lullaby Three-Arm w/ Shades

Lullaby Bella Rose With Shades

Nojo Pink Butterfly Discounted Girls Ladybug Lullaby Polka Dots Lamp And Shade

Nojo Pink Butterfly Discounted Girls Ladybug Lullaby Polka Dots Lamp And Shade

NoJo Pink Butterfly Discounted Girls Ladybug Lullaby Polka Dots Lamp and Shade $19.95 Features Payment Shipping Returns The Ladybug Lullaby Lamp Shade...