Lush Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

A Modern Twist on Powder! Awesome!

Aug 15, 2008 (Updated Aug 15, 2008)

Pros:No talc and everything else

Cons:Packaging

The Bottom Line: Try this modern sexy powder, it has an amazing scent that only Lush can do.

Walking into a Lush store is like walking into the Twilight Zone. I don’t know what it is but from the second you walk in there, you just want to buy everything. At least I do, which explains my purchase of Silky Underwear. Dusting powders remind me of my childhood, my mother and grandmother used them religiously and I don’t know what they used but they always smelled like old ladies, it might have been the old 70’s-80’s Avon, so since then I have never been that interested in them until Silky Underwear came along.

Product 411:

Lush products are available at Lush.com and Lush stores.

Silky Underwear is a dusting powder that comes in a cardboard Parmesan Cheese container. There are 8 small holes and 1 large hole. If you used the large hole, you would probably lose your whole can of powder. It serves no purpose and like other reviewers, I agree the packaging is horrible. The powder comes out even if the container is closed. They should put this in a normal baby powder container with smaller holes or maybe a plastic vat with a puff.

There are 5 different dusting powder flavors each with their own style: Candy Fluff, Honey Beehave, Karma, Silky Underwear, and T for Toes.

The cost of a 3.5oz can of Silky Underwear is 11.25. It seems like you get a good amount of product so I feel the price isn’t that bad.

The website claims this powder is refreshing anytime. Cornstarch keeps your skin silky and Cocoa Butter lightly moisturizes. It has a Jasmine and Vetivert scent.

Ingredients:
Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

My Experience and How I Use It:

I use this after my shower in the morning and at night before bed.

The powder is white much like any other dusting powder and there are little cocoa butter bits that you have to look really hard to notice. I thought with the cocoa butter, I would have the powder sticking to areas of my skin and not absorbing but I haven't.

When I first started using it I would shake it on my body from the can but I was wasting a lot of this powder so I started to put some in my hand and rubbing it on various parts of my body. This works out much better and you waste less powder that way.

The powder absorbs right into the skin without leaving dreaded white marks anywhere.
This definitely keeps me dry all day and my skin soft.

The scent is very sexy and mysterious. Only Lush could come up with a scent like this. You can definitely smell the Jasmine but I think the Vetivert gives it an earthy spiciness at the same time. This powder is ultra feminine and my boyfriend loves it. It is a light floral smell that lasts on your skin. I can still faintly smell this in the morning when I wake up.

It doesn’t make me sneeze when putting it on or irritate my skin in any way.
It works great for stinky shoes and sprinkling on bed sheets to freshen them up.

It also blends well with lotions or body butters that you may put on. I have used it with the Basin Peaceful Dreams Massage Bar, The Lush Therapy Massage Bar, and Lush Fever Bar. It takes the greasiness out of the massage bars and the scents blend to create a totally different yet sexy scent, except with Fever. These two didn’t blend well at all.

Since trying this powder, I have purchased some cheaper dusting powders but this one is the best for skin softening and feeling ultra sexy.

Conclusion:

This is definitely a keeper and has changed my mind about dusting powder. The product is 5 stars but the packaging would get one star. So I’ll give this 4 stars and is a definite must try for a modern sexy gal. Your skin feels and smells amazing with this all day! I can't wait to try the other flavors.

Silky Dusting Powder Rose Chamomile

Silky Dusting Powder Rose Chamomile

Silky Dusting Powder Rose Chamomile 4 Fluid Ounces Powder
the Vitamin Shoppe

Nature's Baby Organics - Silky Dusting Powder Fragrance Free - 4 oz.

Nature's Baby Organics - Silky Dusting Powder Fragrance Free - 4 oz.

Nature's Baby Organics - Silky Dusting Powder Fragrance Free - 4 oz. (113.4g) Nature's Baby Organics Silky Dusting Powder Fragrance Free pampers you a...
LuckyVitamin.com

Natures Baby Organics Organic Silky Dusting Powder 4 oz Powder

Natures Baby Organics Organic Silky Dusting Powder 4 oz Powder

Organic Silky Dusting Powder by Natures Baby Organics 4 oz Powder Organic Silky Dusting Powder Fragrance Free - USDA Certified Organic Chamomile and E...
Simply Sensual Perfumed Dusting Powder Silky Beauty 5oz Puff Included. Aqua Case

5 ounces of Simply Sensual dusting powder Silky Beauty with powder puff in Aqua plastic round case. Pure magnesium carbonate fragrance perfumed dustin...

Nature's Baby Organics Silky Dusting Powder - 4 oz.

Nature's Baby Organics Silky Dusting Powder - 4 oz.

Find bath and body skincare at Target.com! Nature's baby organics silky dusting powder - 4 oz.

Simply Sensual Perfumed Dusting Powder Silky Beauty 5oz Puff Included Pink Case

Simply Sensual Perfumed Dusting Powder Silky Beauty 5oz Puff Included Pink Case

5 ounces of Simply Sensual dusting powder Silky Beauty with powder puff in Pink plastic round case. PURE Talc magnesium carbonate fragrance. Posted wi...

Simply Sensual Perfumed Dusting Powder Silky Beauty 5oz Puff Included Blue Case

Simply Sensual Perfumed Dusting Powder Silky Beauty 5oz Puff Included Blue Case

5 ounces of Simply Sensual dusting powder Silky Beauty with powder puff in Blue plastic round case. PURE Talc magnesium carbonate fragrance.
Nature's Baby Organics Dusting Powder Organic Silky Fragrance Free 4 Oz

Nature's Baby Organics Dusting Powder Organic Silky Fragrance Free 4 Oz

Nature's Baby Organics Dusting Powder Organic Silky Fragrance Free 4 oz Nature's Baby Organics Silky Dusting Powder Fragrance Free Description Absorbs...

Prevail Protective Adult Underwear, Moderate to Heavy Protection, XL, 56 ct

Prevail Protective Adult Underwear, Moderate to Heavy Protection, XL, 56 ct

Using Prevail protective underwear, size XL, helps give you sense of confidence. Prevail underwear, moderate to heavy protection, can safely absorb up...

Silky Smooth Body Powder (6 oz) by Bathtime Baby

Silky Smooth Body Powder (6 oz) by Bathtime Baby

Bathtime Baby Silky Smooth Body Powder is a gentle non-talc powder. Bathtime Baby Silky Smooth Body Powder can be used on all areas of the skin. It so...
4AllVitamins