Luzianne Tea 24 Family Size Bags Reviews

Luzianne Tea 24 Family Size Bags

Luzianne Iced Tea: perfect for those dog days of summer

Aug 20, 2009

Pros:Delicious iced tea, perfect for hot summer days.

Cons:Can't find it in California!

The Bottom Line: Delicious Southern style iced tea.

I fell in love with this tea while visiting my relatives in Ohio last month. My cousin made some delicious tea and I asked her what kind it was, because it was so refreshing. She told me it was Luzianne Tea. I admit I had never heard of it before. I don't think I've ever seen it in stores out here in California, so I actually purchased a box to take home with me.

This tea is great as an iced tea or a sun tea. My cousin made something she called "Sweet Tea" with sugar. Again, I had not heard of this either, other than to call it simply 'iced tea'. But it somehow tasted better though than plain old tea and really hit the spot on a hot summer day.

These particular Luzianne Tea Bags are family size, so they are quite a bit larger than regular individual size tea bags (I would estimate about a third larger). This product comes from Louisiana, hence the name "Luz-i-anne". Makes sense to me. The makers of Luzianne Tea are proud to be a part of the 'rich Southern heritage of Iced Tea'. In 1903, they started making tea that was specially blended for fresh, brewed, iced tea.

Many people first learned about Luzianne Tea from early TV advertising with the late Burl Ives. He proclaimed Luzianne is "always clear as a bell".

I didn't know that iced tea originated in the southern Unite States, but over the years, the popularity of this refreshing tea drink has spread far beyond the south, and so has Luzianne Tea, although I don't believe we have this particular brand out here in California yet (at least I haven't seen it yet in stores).

It was hard for me to believe how inexpensive these Luzianne tea bags were. I found the Luzianne Tea at the local Walmart in Northwest Ohio and it was priced at about $2.75 for 24 tea bags. I bought a box and made sure I squeezed them into my suitcase and brought them back with me. I couldn't wait to have that refreshing summer drink at home too. It's making me thirsty just thinking about how delicious, light and refreshing it is. There is no bitterness or aftertaste at all either.

To make a batch of sun tea is super easy. Just fill a large container with fresh water. The makers of Luzianne Tea recommend 3 bags for each gallon of water. Place the tea bags in a gallon jar, preferably glass, filled with water. Cap the jar loosely. Place it out in the sunshine. Steep 3 to 4 hours. Remove the tea bags. Refrigerate within one hour. Pour yourself a big glass of fresh Luzianne Iced Tea and enjoy....ahhh!

You can measure roughly one Luzianne Family Tea Bag per quart (32 ounces) of water depending on how strong you like your tea flavor. For hot tea, just bring fresh, cool water to a rolling boil. Gently pour the heated water into your cup over the tea bag. Steep for 3-5 minutes, again depending on your personal taste. Remove the tea bag and enjoy.

It is recommended to discard any left over tea after 24 hours, but I had some left after two days and drank it with no problems as it had been in the fridge all that time. Luzianne makes a perfect carafe of iced tea!

Tea has long been a popular hot drink, but even as a cold drink - combined with an active lifestyle and a well-balanced diet, tea can be a part of your healthy routine. Hot tea is part of the British lifestyle as well. Who hasn't enjoyed 'high tea" in the afternoon with scones and crumpets?  :)

If you would like to learn more about making tea a part of your healthy lifestyle, please go to www.luzianne.com

I noticed that, Luzianne comes in 'special flow' tea bags with four brewing sides instead of two, which lets more tea flavor out. More water flows in and more flavor flows out.

Hope my cousin reads this review and sends me more Luzianne Tea as I'm already almost out of the box I brought back with me.

www.luzianne.com

~thanks for reading my review~

gkm.

NEW Luzianne Iced Tea Family Quart Tea Bags 24-Count Boxes (Pack of 12) - Brand NEW items - FREE standard shipping - Easy returns Our price $42.50 NOW...