-56%
Method Lavender Hand Wash Foam, 300ml (00363) Reviews

Method Lavender Hand Wash Foam, 300ml (00363)

1 consumer review

+$7.95 shipping Shoplet.com
+$4.99 shipping Vitacost.com
+$4.99 shipping Diapers.com

Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash

Dec 29, 2012

Pros:Pretty bottle, smells like real lavender, mostly natural ingredients

Cons:Makes my hands more dry

The Bottom Line: Although this contains moisturizers, it seems to make my hands even drier.

We have a lot of Method products in our home, including a few containers of hand wash.  I love the modern, attractive shapes of their bottles, and the ingredients in their products are more natural, with less chemicals.

I find the Method foaming hand wash lasts a lot longer than their regular hand wash that comes in the form of a liquid soap.  The bottle that this foaming hand wash comes in is taller than the liquid soap versions.  It measures  in height.

The lavender color is visible through the clear bottle, and though it looks like the soap is light purple in color, the foam comes out of the dispenser in a mostly white colored foam.  Just one pump of the dispenser gives a generous dollop of foam, and this foam is much easier to rinse from the hands than the liquid soaps are. It feels soft and silky in my hands when I am washing up.

The ingredients that Method uses are:  Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Benzophenone 4, Parfum/Fragrance, Ext D&C Violet 2.

Method claims their products are "biodegradable, naturally derived and contain no dirty ingredients".  I was surprised to see ingredients that sound like a lot of chemicals, so I visited their website, which does a really nice job of explaining what they put into their cleaners.

Sodium lauryl sulfate and cocamide DEA are described as surfactants (detergents) that are non-toxic and derived from coconut oil.   The glycerine they use is naturally derived from plant sources and is known for its ability to moisturize the skin.  Aloe vera and vitamin E are natural ingredients and also good for the skin.  The fragrance they use are from both essential oils and synthetic fragrances.  This soap does smell like real lavender essential oil.

The only ingredients that I don't see as natural are the dyes used.  These are derived from synthetic ingredients, but don't contain heavy metals and are biodegradable.

To Conclude

I've certainly seen more natural hand soaps than this one, but the Method Lavender Hand Wash Foam is probably better and safer than many of the brands on the market.

It cleans well and is easy to rinse off.  Since it comes out as a foam there is none of that sticky feeling that is sometimes associated with liquid soaps.    It leaves my hands smelling like lavender, but the scent really doesn't last very long.

One thing that I don't like is the way this soap tends to dry out my hands.  I have very dry hands during the winter months anyway, but they seem to be worse when I use Method and Soft Soap brands.  This soap works better for me during the spring and summer months when my skin isn't so dry.

This hand wash does not contain the ingredient triclosan, which kills bacteria, and the company does not test on animals.

Method products are found locally at Fred Meyer (Kroger) and Target stores, and this 10 ounce container retails for $3.99.

Method Foaming Hand Wash French Lavender -- 10 fl oz
Vitacost.com
With a pleasant fragrance and ingredients tough enough to remove dirt, this foaming hand wash is made from naturally derived materials. At least 70 of...
Shoplet.com

Method Foaming Hand Wash, French LavenderSoap + foam = clean + fun.You know those crazy spring break parties where they fill the dance floor with foam...
Diapers.com
Attractive packaging means it can live in the open instead of under the sink, making on-the-fly cleaning more convenient and adding a modern aesthetic...
Office Depot
METHOD PRODUCTS INC. MTH00363 With a pleasant fragrance, but ingredients tough enough to remove dirt, this foaming hand wash is made from naturally de...
Wayfair Supply
Have Questions? Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us | Store Policy Method® Foaming Hand Wash, Lavender Foaming, 10 Oz Pump Dispenser OUR SKU# UNN1...