MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream (No.21 Bright Beige) SPF42 PA+++

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream (No.21)

Feb 21, 2009 (Updated Feb 23, 2009)

Pros:Great coverage & staying power

Cons:Only comes in two shades

The Bottom Line: Wonderful everyday makeup product.  It pretty much completely replaced liquid foundation for me.  I love this stuff!  Hurray for BB creams!

*~* What is BB Cream? (In General) *~*

BB cream is all the rage in Asia.  What is it?

BB stands for "blemish balm."  (Some brands call it "beblesh balm," which I can only assume is an egregious typo.)  When I first heard "blemish balm," I thought it's an acne product that contains ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, but that's not what it is at all.

It's essentially supposed to be a skin care product that is good for your skin no matter what type, and help protect and heal it.  The story is that BB cream was formulated in a lab in Germany to be applied after laser surgery to heal and regenerate skin.

Your typical BB cream contains tint, to help cover up your skin.  They also work as a makeup base, and often contains whitening ingredients (e.g., arbutin).

Some, but not all of them, also contain sunscreen.  The MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream has an SPF of 42 which is one of the highest available.

*~* What is BB Cream? (To Me) *~*

For me, BB creams are a terrific alternative to the chore of applying foundation or a powder-based makeup.  I don't mind the actual process of applying makeup in the morning.  It's the dealing with it throughout the day that's the chore.  Some makeup can get streaky, cakey, sticky, and just plain messy during the day.  But BB creams give me pretty good coverage, and great staying power.

As far as whether BB creams are healing my skin or changing it in any way - I can't honestly say.  After many months of using BB creams, I think my skin does look better.  But I don't want to overstate it and claim that there's been a dramatic difference and this is a miracle skin care product.

However, I can definitely tell you that my skin is not adversely affected by daily use of BB cream - I've experienced no pore-clogging, blemishes, or anything bad.

So basically, I love this stuff.

*~* The MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream *~*

The MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream comes in two shades: #21 (light beige) and #23 (natural beige).  I use #21.

(I use Prescriptives shade called Camellia and Shiseido's I00, to give you an idea of my skin tone.)

Packaging: 30 ml (about 1 oz.) of product in a tube.  ($24.99)

While shopping for BB creams, the reason I bought the MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream was that it was inexpensive.  It's not the most inexpensive BB cream you can buy.  Cheaper options are:

- MISSHA M BB Cream - $19.99 for 50 ml. (contains no suncreen)
- The Face Shop, The Skin Extra BB Cream - $32 for 49 ml (has SPF 20; costs more, but you get more for your money)

I've been using The Face Shop BB Cream, which is actually pretty good, too.  I decided to switch to the MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream because it had SPF 42.

The Face Shop's BB cream tube of 49 ml lasted me a pretty long time, about 7-8 months with daily use.  So I expect a 30 ml tube of MISSHA BB cream to last me about 4-5 months or so.

While shopping around, there were other more expensive BB creams out there that I was curious to try, but I wasn't sure that they would be worth the extra money I spent.  And so far, I've been so happy with the MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream, I don't feel compelled to switch to another brand.  I'll probably just keep buying this when I run out.

The most expensive BB cream I've encountered was Forencos - $110 for 20 ml.  Apparently this is the original BB cream, made in Germany.

*~* Using the Product *~*

After cleansing and applying my moisturizer in the morning, I put on the MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream.  I really do not need a lot, a pea-size at most.  I dot it on my cheeks and forehead, and blend it in using my fingers.  It blends really well.  And ... that's it!  After that, I'll apply a quick pat of powder.  And then I'm all set.

It looks great.  It evens out my skin tone and gives me coverage without streaking, caking, or settling into any nooks and crannies like around my nose.

If I want to look dewy fresh later on in the day, I might give myself another powdering.  But I often don't even bother with that.  The BB cream has terrific staying power, and it doesn't rub off on my hands, clothes, sunglasses, phone, or anything else.  It looks great all day.  I just love it!

It also works great as a makeup base as well.  If I want a more polished, made-up look, I'll apply liquid foundation over it, and it really helps it go on smoothly and stay put on my face.

(In fact, using BB creams is bad because I have all this liquid foundation that I bought that I'm not using.  So I try to use them occasionally even when I don't need it so they don't go to waste!)

*~* BB Creams: Not for Everyone *~*

The drawback of BB creams is that they aren't made to match everyone's skin tone.  At the moment, it's marketed primarily towards Asian customers, so most BB creams actually just have one shade.  The MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream is one of the few that even gives you a choice, and it only comes in two shades.  So that's kind of a bummer if the colors don't suit you.

However, BB creams don't offer heavy coverage.  It has good coverage, but it's going to be lighter than a full coverage foundation.  So you don't usually need a super-perfect color match the way you would need from foundation.

Also, because the current Asian cosmetic trend is big on whitening, a lot of them, including MISSHA, contain the whitening ingredient arbutin.  Not everyone is going to want that, so that's another limitation.

About arbutin: it helps stop the production of melanin, and supposedly helps fade marks, acne scars, and help make the skin more translucent.  I've so far avoided all whitening products in my beauty regimen, but I don't mind a bit of it in my BB cream.

*~* Conclusion *~*

What the MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream is for me, is what I often wished tinted moisturizers would do, but never quite met my expectations.  I would use tinted sunscreen products and wish that they might be a good substitute for makeup - something that gave me some coverage and some staying power - but they never turned out to quite do any of that.

So what makes the MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream superior to the average tinted moisturizer is that it offers good coverage and great staying power.

After all the foundations and makeup I've tried, I've really never had something that I could put on in the morning, and just not worry about until the end of the day.  It doesn't feel heavy or sticky on my face, and I don't have to keep checking the mirror to see if anything's been smudged.  In fact, every time I do check the mirror, I'm just impressed that my makeup still looks nice.

The MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream is a perfect everyday product for me.  It's relatively inexpensive, and works so well.  One of my best new cosmetic discoveries!

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 31, 50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 31, 50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.31 (Golden Beige) SPF42 PA+++50ml (Full Size)Originally developed as a salve for patients after laser treatment, BB...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream No 27 Honey Beige 50ml

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream No 27 Honey Beige 50ml

makeup sub type bb cream reserved product description cover the flaws of your skin with the missha m perfect cover bb foundation according to the manu...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 21, 50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 21, 50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.21 (Light Beige) SPF42 PA+++ 50ml (Full Size) -U.S.A.Seller Originally developed as a salve for patients after lase...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream Spf 42 Pa+++ (21 - Light Beige)

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream Spf 42 Pa+++ (21 - Light Beige)

Free US Domestic Standard Shipping for purchase of $50 or more!!Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ (#21 - Light Beige)This BB cream offers w...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 27 ,50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 27 ,50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.27 (Honey Beige) SPF42 PA+++ 50ml (Full Size) -U.S.A.Seller Originally developed as a salve for patients after lase...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 21 50ml 6 Units, Us Seller By Priority Mail

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 21 50ml 6 Units, Us Seller By Priority Mail

raphasoul1 Store Missha M Perfect BB Cream 50ml, No 21 light Beige, SPF 42 PA+++ 6 units $75 ($12.5 *6) by Priority mail(1 to 3 business days delivery...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 23 ,50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream 23 ,50ml (full Size) -u.s.a.seller

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23 (Natural Beige) SPF42 PA+++ 50ml # 31 Golden Beige #13 Milky Beige #21 Light Beige #23 Natural Beige #27 Honey B...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream No.21 Spf42 Pa+++ 50ml

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream No.21 Spf42 Pa+++ 50ml

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.21 SPF42 PA+++ 50ml FREE SHIPPING (US ONLY) SAMPLE inkfrog terapeak

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb,cc Cream 13,21,23,27.31cleaner Assorted 8 Samples

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb,cc Cream 13,21,23,27.31cleaner Assorted 8 Samples

*NEW* MISSHA M PERFECT COVER BB CREAM #13,#21,#23,#27.#31+Two (#21.#23) C,C CREAMS +B B Cream Cleaning 8 Samples Set You can now TEST all BB cream col...

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream No.23 Spf42 Pa+++ 50ml

Missha M Perfect Cover Bb Cream No.23 Spf42 Pa+++ 50ml

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23 SPF42 PA+++ 50ml FREE SHIPPING (US ONLY) SAMPLE inkfrog terapeak i000000