Mtd Cubcadet 2165 Tractor Mower

1999 Cub Cadet 2165 48" Deck

Jun 19, 2003

Pros:- Solid built - Mows, runs great

Cons:- Stickers peeling off - Headlight cover popped off - Expensive transmission fluid

The Bottom Line: What are you waiting for? - Get one!!! Metal hood - can repair with wax, sand paper and touch-up paint - John Deere can't say the same!!!

Features:

- Hydrostatic transmission (drives like a car!)
- Briggs 16hp V-Twin Vanguard engine (with oil filter)
- Shaft drive
- Metal hood
- 48" deck (option) and mulch kit (option)
- Headlights
- Large front and rear tires
- Electric PTO
- Deck removes easily for maintenance

Good all-around mower! I have owned it for 3 years and over 120 hours. I have only had one mechanical problem - the deck lift lever weld broke - bought a new one for $35 and replaced it myself.

Mechanically great mower - stickers and headlight cover need some work!

I would recommend this mower!

I looked at several mowers while searching. The Cub and John Deere were my top picks. Both had similar features and prices. I chose the Cub because of the metal hood and drive shaft - not belt driven.

The 1999 2165 has a 16hp Briggs V-Twin Vanguard engine that runs like a top! Always starts and runs smooth! Plenty of horsepower for my 48" deck with mulching kit!

One thing I dislike about the mower is it leaves circles in the lawn when you turn really sharp - such as going around trees. The front wheel camber is too positive and makes the front tires dig into the sod when at maximum turn. I have learned to slow way down or not turn so steeply.

I have many trees and a large lawn - I had to disable the safety switches for the seat and reverse. It bounced so much that my small frame would come up off the seat killing the engine... I also have to use reverse often and it was a pain to re-engage the deck everytime.

MTD 38 in. Lawn Tractor Mower Blades (2-Pack)

MTD 38 in. Lawn Tractor Mower Blades (2-Pack)

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. Use the Parts your machine was born with, use the OEM factory blade. These blades have been specif...
Home Depot

Mtd-cubcadet-troybilt Craftsman Ryobi 791182612/791-182612 Fuel Gas Petrol Cap

Mtd-cubcadet-troybilt Craftsman Ryobi 791182612/791-182612 Fuel Gas Petrol Cap

One 1 NEW genuine MTD, Ryobi, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, White fuel gas petrol cap # 791-182612. Bin # 791-182612. Fits the following models: MTD 21b121r76...

Snowblower Auger Belt For Troybilt, Mtd, Cubcadet, White 954-04195, 754-04195

Snowblower Auger Belt For Troybilt, Mtd, Cubcadet, White 954-04195, 754-04195

** BRAND NEW **KEVLAR Belt for mtd, troybilt, cubcadet, white cogged 2 STAGE Snowblower auger drive belt exact size is important for proper auger oper...
MTD Riding Lawn Mower 38 & 42 Decks Replacement Tractor Deck Wheel Kit OEM-190-183

Mtd-cubcadet-troybilt Part 75304503/753-04503 Upper Driveshaft Housing Genuine

Mtd-cubcadet-troybilt Part 75304503/753-04503 Upper Driveshaft Housing Genuine

International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the b...