Mtd Cubcadet 2165 Tractor Mower

1999 Cub Cadet 2165 48" Deck

Jun 19, 2003

Pros:- Solid built - Mows, runs great

Cons:- Stickers peeling off - Headlight cover popped off - Expensive transmission fluid

The Bottom Line: What are you waiting for? - Get one!!! Metal hood - can repair with wax, sand paper and touch-up paint - John Deere can't say the same!!!

Features:

- Hydrostatic transmission (drives like a car!)
- Briggs 16hp V-Twin Vanguard engine (with oil filter)
- Shaft drive
- Metal hood
- 48" deck (option) and mulch kit (option)
- Headlights
- Large front and rear tires
- Electric PTO
- Deck removes easily for maintenance

Good all-around mower! I have owned it for 3 years and over 120 hours. I have only had one mechanical problem - the deck lift lever weld broke - bought a new one for $35 and replaced it myself.

Mechanically great mower - stickers and headlight cover need some work!

I would recommend this mower!

I looked at several mowers while searching. The Cub and John Deere were my top picks. Both had similar features and prices. I chose the Cub because of the metal hood and drive shaft - not belt driven.

The 1999 2165 has a 16hp Briggs V-Twin Vanguard engine that runs like a top! Always starts and runs smooth! Plenty of horsepower for my 48" deck with mulching kit!

One thing I dislike about the mower is it leaves circles in the lawn when you turn really sharp - such as going around trees. The front wheel camber is too positive and makes the front tires dig into the sod when at maximum turn. I have learned to slow way down or not turn so steeply.

I have many trees and a large lawn - I had to disable the safety switches for the seat and reverse. It bounced so much that my small frame would come up off the seat killing the engine... I also have to use reverse often and it was a pain to re-engage the deck everytime.

MTD 38 in. Lawn Tractor Mower Blades (2-Pack)

MTD 38 in. Lawn Tractor Mower Blades (2-Pack)

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. Use the Parts your machine was born with, use the OEM factory blade. These blades have been specif...
Home Depot

Cable Drive 42027 Mtd Cubcadet Troybilt Same As 1771727 & 1771727p

Cable Drive 42027 Mtd Cubcadet Troybilt Same As 1771727 & 1771727p

Cable Drive 42027 MTD CUBCADET TROYBILT Same as part # 1771727 1771727P You will receive one (1)cable with your purchase Why not purchase the best fro...

Mtd-cubcadet-troybilt Craftsman Ryobi 791182612/791-182612 Fuel Gas Petrol Cap

Mtd-cubcadet-troybilt Craftsman Ryobi 791182612/791-182612 Fuel Gas Petrol Cap

One 1 NEW genuine MTD, Ryobi, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, White fuel gas petrol cap # 791-182612. Bin # 791-182612. Fits the following models: MTD 21b121r76...

MTD Riding Mower Gauge Wheel Replacement Tractor Deck Wheel Replaces 734-3058B, 934-0358

MTD Riding Lawn Mower Replacement Tractor Double Pulley Spindle Assembly 918-0241B

Snowblower Auger Belt For Troybilt, Mtd, Cubcadet, White 954-04195, 754-04195

Snowblower Auger Belt For Troybilt, Mtd, Cubcadet, White 954-04195, 754-04195

** BRAND NEW **KEVLAR Belt for mtd, troybilt, cubcadet, white cogged 2 STAGE Snowblower auger drive belt exact size is important for proper auger oper...
Hi Lift Tractor Mower Blades 42 Troy Built Mtd Cub Cadet White 742 942 0499a

Hi Lift Tractor Mower Blades 42 Troy Built Mtd Cub Cadet White 742 942 0499a

You are buying (4) brand new Replacement blades for a 42 Troy Built, MTD, Cub Cadet and White Outdoor Tractor.This OEM Spec Blade Replaces OEM part nu...

MTD 46 Twin Mower Blade Set

MTD 46 Twin Mower Blade Set

Keep your lawn looking nice with these MTD 46 Mower Blades. This set replaces the 942-04290 and 742-04290 blades and it fits Murray Yard Man, Yard Mac...

MTD Riding Lawn Mower Discharge Chute Replacement Tractor Chute Assembly 931-1032B