M&Ms Cherry Cordial Flavor Reviews

M&Ms Cherry Cordial Flavor

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Cherry Cordial Flavor M&Ms: Pretty Good!

Dec 14, 2010

Pros:M&Ms that taste a lot like cherry Tootsie pops, but without the "sucker" part!

Cons:some won't like the artificialness of the cherry taste

The Bottom Line: If you like cherry and chocolate-flavored things, you should try these.  Just be prepared to be reminded of cherry Tootsie pops.

I enjoy M&Ms candies, and I am always interested to try the new flavors that they offer.  While shopping at Target recently, I spotted Cherry Cordial Flavor M&Ms.  That sounded fabulous to me, so I bought a package.  It turns out that I think these are pretty good, but they do fall a bit short of fabulous.

Description

These candies come in a dark red M&M bag with a holiday image on it; a red M&M "guy" holding two cherries is dressed as an elf while a friendly snowman looms in the background.  Information is printed in brown and white, with "Cherry Cordial" printed in a yellowish cream color.

These M&Ms look like fatter versions of regular M&Ms.  The colors are a deep burgundy red and a bright red; of course all of them have the signature "m" on them in white.  When I open the bag I smell a strong scent of chocolate and artificial cherry flavor.  It smells pretty good!

Use and Experience

The taste of these M&Ms is quite good; it's a combination of chocolate and that artificial/maraschino cherry flavor that cherry cordials offer.  The taste reminds me of something, but it took me a while to figure out what; finally it hit me; these taste a lot like cherry Tootsie pops.  Of course they feature a vastly different texture - they are still M&Ms - but that is what the basic flavor is.  Cherry is my favorite flavor of Tootsie pop, so I have really been enjoying these M&Ms.  My husband doesn't care for them, though; the flavor isn't very appealing to him.

According to the package, a serving of these is equal to 1.5 ounce or 1/4 cup.  That is more than plenty for me, but it's probably best to measure them out before you start eating; it's easy to eat a lot of M&Ms without realizing it otherwise.  I do find these to be satisfying after only a few of them.

Nutrition-wise, these are candy, so they are not very healthy eating.  There are 210 calories in each serving, 90 of them from fat.  That's ten grams of fat, 6 of which are saturated.  There are also 5 mg of cholesterol, but zero grams of trans fats.  Also included is 20 mg of sodium, 2 g of protein, 2 g of fiber, and a whole lot of sugar (25 g!).  There's no vitamin A or C to speak of, but on the upside, these do give 4% of the recommended Daily Value of each calcium and iron.  The bottom line is that these are candy, they are not good for you - eat them in moderation only!

Cost and Where to Buy

I purchased these at our local Target store for about $3.00 for a 9.9 ounce bag.  I have also seen them in Walgreen's, so this flavor should not be too hard to find.

Ingredients list: Semisweet Chocolate (Chocolate, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Skim Milk, Milkfat, Lactose, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavors, Salt), Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate, Skim Milk, Cocoa Butter, Lactose, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Artificial Flavors), Sugar, Cornstarch.  Less than 1% Corn Syrup, Dextrin, Coloring (Includes Red 40 Lake, Blue 2 Lake, Yellow 6, Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2), Artificial Flavor, Gum Acacia.  May contain peanuts and almonds.

Cherry Cordial Flavor M&Ms
are quite good, and people who love cherry Tootsie pops will especially enjoy them.  That being said, I still prefer Dark Chocolate M&Ms and the Holiday/Mint M&Ms.  The packaging suggests that these are a holiday item, too, so if you want to try them, I wouldn't wait until January.  4 stars.

Thanks to Bruguru (John) for adding this product to the Epinions.com database!

Hershey's Kisses Cherry Cordial Creme Filled Milk Chocolate Candy: 60-Piece Bag

Hershey's Kisses Cherry Cordial Creme Filled Milk Chocolate Candy: 60-Piece Bag

Here for a limited time, the Hershey's Cherry Cordial variety wraps HERSHEY'S KISSES brand milk chocolate around the delicious taste of cherry, creati...

Limited Edition Holiday Hershey Kisses. Cherry Cordial, Candy Cane & Mint Truff

Limited Edition Holiday Hershey Kisses. Cherry Cordial, Candy Cane & Mint Truff

Limited Edition Holiday Hershey Kisses. Cherry Cordial, Mint Truffle 10 oz bags Candy Cane is an 8oz bag Best buy date is 08/2014 or later FREE! Selle...

Zachary Cordial Cherries 9 Boxes (total 90 Cherries)

Zachary Cordial Cherries 9 Boxes (total 90 Cherries)

Zachary Cordial Cherries 9 boxes (Total 90 cherries)I do not ship outside the United States Best By 04/10/15

Dark Chocolate Cordial Cherries Candy: 6LB Box

Dark Chocolate Cordial Cherries Candy: 6LB Box

Unpleasant surprise: finding out you forgot to pay your taxes. Pleasant surprise: finding the delicious whole cherry inside each dark chocolate cordia...
10 Boxes Zachary Cordial Cherries - Real Cherries & Real Milk - 6.6-ounce Boxes

10 Boxes Zachary Cordial Cherries - Real Cherries & Real Milk - 6.6-ounce Boxes

This is a batch of 10 boxes of Zachary Cordial Cherries; each box is 6.6 ounces, or 10, chocolate covered cherries, for a total of about 4 pounds, 2.6...

Milk Chocolate Cordial Cherries Candy: 6LB Box

Milk Chocolate Cordial Cherries Candy: 6LB Box

Unpleasant surprise: finding out you forgot to pay your taxes. Pleasant surprise: finding the delicious whole cherry that comes inside each milk choco...