Mach Speed Eclipse 180 (8 GB) Digital Media Player Reviews

• User Rating: OK

• Sound:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Pros:Screen w/video conversion software

Cons:Unresponsive at times; difficult to navigate; battery doesn't run as long as it says

The Bottom Line: Decide why you want to purchase an mp3 player. If it's for a good music experience, keep shopping.

I found this Eclipse mp3 player for a superb deal after Christmas and couldn’t pass up the 8GB, video/music player, with the USB connector for manipulating files, loading software that comes on the player, and charging it.  Because the player was originally over $45 and on a good discount, I figured it was a safe bet to purchase without researching.  I was wrong.
I brought the player home and opened it.  After reading the directions, I turned on the player and explored the menus, familiarizing myself with it.  Some songs come preloaded on the player so you can begin listening to tunes right off the bat.  Videos are also preloaded.  I meticulously organized and loaded my own music and videos to the playlist.  Note: be sure to disconnect the mp3 player through the computer instead of just pulling the USB out, as is noted in the directions!  After disconnecting it, I turned it on to listen to my music collection.  At first the buttons (which are more like toggle buttons) responded when I would press them, but it was not long before they stopped responding.  I have to press the buttons several times, with different pressure, in slightly different areas to get them to work.  The music sounds more “tinny” than my previous mp3 player, which cost half the price of this one, even after I adjusted the equalizer.  I listened to my music and watched videos I’d loaded for about an hour before my battery quit.  Even though the battery indicator on the screen showed I still had about ¼ of my power remaining, the player refused to turn on.  I charged it, played it again, and it only lasted about 2 hours, instead of the advertised 10+ hours.
I am on the market again for a good mp3 player, after owning this one for 3 days.  I will be sure to do my homework this time before making an impromptu bargain buy.  If you just want something to play music and you don’t care how long it lasts or how it sounds, and you aren’t concerned about controlling the selection (skipping tracks or adjusting the volume), this may work for you.  Otherwise, I would recommend that you keep looking.

Recommended for: Audio Book Listeners - Download Audio Books and Radio Programs

Mach Speed - Eclipse 4GB* Video MP3 Player - Gunmetal

Mach Speed - Eclipse 4GB* Video MP3 Player - Gunmetal

Keep your music library with you while on the go with this Mach Speed Eclipse MP3 player that features a micro SD card slot (not included) for expansi...
Best Buy

Eclipse Replay 4 GB Pink Flash Portable Media Player - Audio Player, Photo Viewer, Video Player - 1.8 Active Matrix TFT Color

Mach Speed 4GB MP3 Player - Silver Silver/gray

Mach Speed 4GB MP3 Player - Silver Silver/gray

Mach Speed Technologies 4GB MP3 player.

Mach Speed 2.8 Trio T2810C 4GB Media Player w/ Camera - White

Mach Speed 2.8 Trio T2810C 4GB Media Player w/ Camera - White

The Mach Speed Trio Media Player Is the Economical Way to Go The Mach Speed 2.8-Inch Trio 4GB Media Player with Camera is both stylish as well as affo...