Click to see larger image
Maclaren Rally Scarlet Bubbles Umbrella Double Seat Stroller
13 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating:
FRAGILE! Don't waste your time or money!
Jul 17, 2007
Review by adridrazin
Rated a Very Helpful Review
User Rating: Disappointing
Ease of Use:
Pros:Folds up TINY, lightweight, folds easily
Cons:Uncomfortable for infants, impossible to push older kids, flimsy, fragile, bar eventually breaks with use.
The Bottom Line: It might be lightweight, but with regular use, this stroller WILL NOT last you too long. Also, not for infants or big kids.
We got this stroller as our lightweight "travel" stroller. We live in a cold climate and already had another stroller with bigger wheels that could push through snow. This MaClaren was meant to go in and out of the car, and along with us on trips. The fact that it doesn't come come with cup-holders and it has a small basket might be inconvenient, but that's probably why this no-frills stroller is so lightweight.
Recommend this product?
Why I like it:
1. This folds up REALLY TINY.
2. It will fit in almost any trunk, THROUGH MOST ANY DOORWAYS, and is lightweight.
3. Also, unlike the MaClaren Twin Traveller, the Rally Twin folds up and pushes easily too.
Why I don't like it:
1. It's not appropriate for newborns. It doesn't recline enough for them, and little babies (my son included) look so uncomfortable with one strap in their crotch and the shoulder straps rubbing against their neck & cheeks.
2. The stroller is way too flimsy to carry 2 children. I have a 4 year old (35 lbs) and a 2 year old (24lbs) and it it's become really difficult to push the two together.
3. What makes this stroller so lightweight also makes it super fragile. Going over curbs is a chore, and so eventually, all of that pushing on those handles bent and ultimately BROKE off one of the handle bars! (this all happened whilst on vacation. That was a hoot.) We replaced the frame with a brand new one (our repair shop was very helpful) and the same problem started happening one month later.
Amount Paid (US$): 200
Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months
Share this product review with your friends
Stylish as well as comfortable, the Maclaren Quest umbrella stroller is the perfect choice for babies aged three months and above. This lightweight Ma...
Designed for infants and children up to 15kg/55lb, the Quest stroller offers a smooth and relaxing ride. Compact and sturdy, it travels well in city a...
The Techno Xt is Maclaren's high-tech stroller, offering up superior comfort, performance and sporty style. At about 15 pounds, it's very lightweight,...
Maclaren Quest Sport Stroller - Denim The Quest is a favourite with parents all over the world. A simple single hand recline makes it easy to adjust t...
Maclaren's Twin Techno stroller provides luxury and comfort for two whilst the contoured, lightweight design makes it easy for parents to manoeuvre. T...
Take your infant out without any hassle in the Maclaren Techno XT stroller. Equipped with a 5-point harness, the Maclaren stroller provides complete i...
This hightech Maclaren Techno XT Stroller has superior comfort, performance and sporty style. Features include a carry handle and onehand fold feature...
Maclaren Techno XT Stroller - Black Designed for children from birth up to 55 pounds, the Techno XT stroller offers comfort and ease of use. A full-co...
Maclaren BMW Umbrella with Storage Case The BMW-inspired Umbrella with Storage Case is a perfect accessory to guard against the rain. The sleek umbrel...