Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller

When it's good, it's very, very good... when it's bad, it's awful

Jul 11, 2010

Pros:Tall handles Very lightweight Easy to fold Turns on a dime

Cons:No recline Squeaky wheels Hood keeps popping off

The Bottom Line: A very nice stroller with some annoying flaws that seem out of character with the otherwise high quality and thoughtful design.

We chose this stroller for our toddler and generally feel it was worth it.

It is very lightweight and turns on a dime, so one person can easily open a door and steer it through with one hand. The handles are nice and tall for those of us over 5'6" or so, no more kicking the back wheels and walking hunched over. The basket is decently big, the mesh seat is SUPER easy to clean and nice and cool for DD in the summer, and 2005 models come with a nice large hood.

The cons are... annoying at this price. The wheels on mine squeak very loudly when it is hot outside; something is rubbing, and I think the rubber wheels actually soften in the heat to cause this. It is annoying and kind of embarrassing. Squeak squeak squeak. Another annoyance is that the lovely, large hood is difficult to attach properly and pops off frequently, swinging down and whacking my daughter.

One thing to keep in mind is that there is NO recline here. I didn't think this would be an issue and disregarded it, but it is no small thing. When my daughter nods off at the end of a long day or after a big lunch, her head falls forward, waking her up and leaving me with a cranky, tired child with a stiff neck. I've tried propping her up with all sorts of things, but nothing works like a nice, gentle recline feature.

Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

Maclaren Volo Stroller Carmine Rose

Maclaren Volo Stroller Carmine Rose

The Maclaren Stroller is suitable for babies 6 months and older. The Maclaren Volo stroller is an easy traveler as it has a carry strap for easy porta...