Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller

Glad I bought this as my first umbrella stroller

Mar 28, 2008 (Updated Sep 11, 2008)

Pros:Small, lightweight, affordable.

Cons:Too big for average 6month old baby, hood gets dingy

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this stroller because you get the Maclaren quality at such an affordable price.

Guilty of stroller envy
As a new mom, I eyed all the different strollers that were out in the market, and I had mad stroller envy when I would see anyone walking by with a Maclaren. I have a small car (see my other review on the Grace SnugRider) so I had to have the smallest and lightest umbrella stroller for when my son outgrew his rear-facing carseat.

Looks
I love how the Maclaren looks overall. I purchased the Volo stroller in Carbon color. The chrome skeleton and the mesh seat looks very trendy. The seat has the Maclaren logo right above where your child's head would be. The canopy fabric is a nice gray shade with the Maclaren logo. Everything about it looks well built, from the handles down to the wheels and brakes.

Features
The Volo stroller is light, and folds compactly. As far as maneuvering it, the stroller responds well and has adequate suspension - not quite as good as the pricier Maclarens, but good enough for the price I paid for. My son actually likes the bumps we encounter when strolling, so I don't mind it at all. The shade is adequate, it folds up and down easily and is fully detachable in case you don't want to use it.

The mesh seat of this stroller is awesome since I live in California and the weather can get pretty hot. I think the handles of this stroller is designed more for tall people though. At 5'2", I find them a bit higher than other strollers. That does not affect my rating at all, however I thought I'd mention it.

I love that this stroller has a strap built in. This helps when you're in the parking lot trying to fill your trunk with shopping bags, etc. You don't have to put the stroller on the ground, you can easily just throw the strap over your shoulder.

The basket is small, so don't expect to put a lot of things under there. I had to downgrade to a smaller diaper bag so that I can fit it under the seat, which worked to my benefit because I realized I was just carrying way too much stuff with me.

The handles are padded, which helps a lot especially when you've been pushing for quite awhile.

My only negative comment
This stroller says it is OK for 6 months and up. My boy is average size & weight (50th percentile) and this stroller was way too big for him at six months. At the shortest length, the straps were way too loose on him. Regardless, I did not use this stroller until later on anyway, and will be using it for many years to come.

UPDATE I'm taking off a star after using this for 6 months. The hood on the stroller is so dingy, despite my occassional cleaning with detergent. If I'd known this I probably would have chosen a darker shade than carbon (light gray).

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Maclaren Volo Stroller, Black

Maclaren Volo Stroller, Black

The Maclaren Stroller is suitable for babies 6 months and older. The Maclaren Volo stroller is an easy traveler as it has a carry strap for easy porta...

Maclaren Volo Stroller Carmine Rose

Maclaren Volo Stroller Carmine Rose

Maclaren Wex010 Volo Stroller Next Gen Scarlet

Maclaren Wex010 Volo Stroller Next Gen Scarlet

Maclaren Quest Stroller Black/champagne Free Shipping

Maclaren Quest Stroller Black/champagne Free Shipping

The Maclaren Quest umbrella stroller is a compact and convenient umbrella stroller that easily folds up for transport or travel. This Maclaren Quest u...