Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller

An Awesome Umbrella Stroller

Apr 29, 2008 (Updated May 30, 2008)

Pros:Durable, lightweight, one hand collapse, nice added features

Cons:When folded, wheels can rub up against hood and cause dirt marks

The Bottom Line: I love this stroller and highly recommend. It is easy and comfortable to push, stylish, durable, and lightweight.

For years, I put off buying an umbrella stroller thinking that I didn’t need one and, besides, I loved my full sized stroller. However, when planning a vacation, we realized that we would need something smaller and more lightweight. I tried out at least a dozen inexpensive umbrella strollers, but was dismayed over how cheaply they were made and how hard they were to push. I had always admired McClaren strollers for their sleek designs and fun colors, so I tried out the McClaren Volo and was delighted. The price of $99 was a bit more than I had wanted to spend, but it is worth every penny.

The stroller is made out of a lightweight, yet sturdy, aluminum frame. It weighs a mere 8.6 pounds. When folded, it measures 19 inches wide, 4 inches deep, and 41 inches tall. I love that this stroller doesn’t take up the entire back end of my mini van. I actually have room for groceries.

There is a carrying strap attached to the stroller, so when it is folded up, I can easily sling it over my shoulder. I am a small, out of shape, skinny little thing, but I can handle carrying this stroller up and down stairs while slung over my shoulder.

This stroller has awesome maneuverability. The front wheels swivel and it has a wonderful turning radius. The handles are made out of durable foam like material and look like an upside down hook. They are very comfortable. I have been able to one hand push my 35 lb daughter.

One of the features I really like is the seat is made out of a sturdy mesh. We live in Arizona and it can get pretty hot here in the summer. I love that my daughter can get some air on her when sitting in this stroller. I was worried that the mesh would be uncomfortable for her, but she claims that she is very comfy in it. I also worried that the mesh would start sagging, but it has not.

I also appreciate that there is a large sun shade hood. It is adjustable and can be moved as needed. It also easily folds up.

There is a small basket under the seat. It will not hold much. I generally can fit a small cooler in there, my purse, and our windbreakers.

The stroller is designed to be a one hand collapse. It took me quite a while to remember how to do it. It is really pretty simple, but different than what I am used to.

The stroller comes with a 5 pt. safety harness. The top buckle is sometimes difficult for me to release, but my husband has never had a problem. Our daughter is now 4 1/2 and prefers to not be strapped in. The straps do not come off, but can be pushed to the side.

This stroller will carry up to 55 lbs, so, if needed, we can use this stroller for a few more years.

My complaint with this stroller is that the wheels rub up against the shade hood when folded up. So far, I have been able to wipe away the dirt. I am pretty fussy about such things, so now I keep an old hand towel in the back of my van which I stick between the wheels and the hood to help keep the stroller looking nice.

I’ve had this stroller for over a year and I have used it a lot. Overall, the stroller has held up very nicely, including the wheels. Once we started using this stroller, both my daughter and I preferred it. I wish I had bought this sooner! I am happy to highly recommend the McClaren Volo.

Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Maclaren Volo Stroller Carmine Rose

Maclaren Volo Stroller Carmine Rose

The Maclaren Stroller is suitable for babies 6 months and older. The Maclaren Volo stroller is an easy traveler as it has a carry strap for easy porta...