Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Maclaren Volo Turquoise Umbrella Single Seat Stroller

The almost perfect stroller!

Nov 1, 2008

Pros:lightweight, durable, steers easy, folds easy, great basket underneath, canopy,

Cons:no cup holder, no snack tray

The Bottom Line: Great stroller! This stroller will last from the time the baby outgrows the infant carrier until they are too old to sit in a stroller any longer!

I hate umbrella strollers and I thought the Volo was a glorified umbrella stroller...I was wrong!  I had been faithfully committed to my Graco Metrolite (in the "french bear" pattern) since my son was born and that stroller was followed by the Graco Duoglider. Both served me well until it was time for our second family trip to Walt Disney World. I had already sold both of our strollers and had planned to rent a double stroller on our next trip. But the rental prices for WDW stroller swent up a lot this year and I realized I could buy a new one for as much as I could rent one for a week!

A friend had just returned from their 3rd trip to WDW and was raving about her new MacLaren Volo and how great it was. So I took hers for a test spin and was soon in love!

This stroller steers like dream. You can easily drive it with just one hand. Even my 45 pound son is easy to push in it. My friend has pushed her 8 year old in it while holding her baby! It folds with one hand. The foot release on the back triggers the mechanism so you only need the one hand to fold it.  The basket underneath is large and held numerous items included purchases made at stores throughout the parks.

The stroller seems comfortable as my then 2 1/2 year old fell asleep in it at Animal Kingdom and slept for an hour and a half! The canopy kept her very well shaded.

The material on this stroller is very easy to clean. When we got home from WDW, I simply used a cleaning wipe to wipe off the spots that we had accumulated while on our trip.  It looked as good as new.

The Volo is very durable! It survived our flight to Florida and back and an entire week at WDW. We were not kind or gentle with it! It was carried on and off the monorails, the buses, and the trams.  It was opened and closed more times than I could count. It rolled miles and miles on the concrete walkways. In the end it looked almost as good as new! So good in fact, that I was able to resale the stroller when we got home for almost as much as I paid for it! Which is another nice feature of the Volo...it has a high resale value! This stroller could last through multiple children and still be in great shape.

The down sides to the Volo are that there are no cup holders and there's no snack tray.  My kids are old enough that they can put a cup in the sit beside them and hold a bowl or whatever with snack in it so the absence of the tray was not an issue for us. The lack of a cup holder was a bit of an issue. On the recommendation of another mom, we bought a $1 sand bucket and just hung it around the handle. It worked great for holding a water bottle, extra napkins and park maps and it did not create an obstacle when we were folding the Volo up.

This is a great stroller! It is very much worth the price! I wish I would have discovered it much early in my stroller pushing days!

Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

Maclaren Volo - Black

Maclaren Volo - Black

Maclaren Volo StrollerThe Maclaren Volo Stroller is the lightweight and simple solution to warm weather with its breathable mesh sides! Discover the c...
JustKidsStore.com

Maclaren Volo Stroller - Black

Maclaren Volo Stroller - Black

Find baby strollers at Target.com! The maclaren volo stroller is tailor-made for active children and on-the-go parents. lightweight and easy to carry,...

Maclaren Volo Stroller (Black)

Maclaren Volo Stroller (Black)

At only 8.8 pounds, the Maclaren Volo Stroller is the lightest stroller on the market.
Maclaren Volo Stroller