Magic Black Bm48016 Liquid Wax 16 oz Reviews

Magic Black Bm48016 Liquid Wax 16 oz

Pain in the Wax!

Jun 28, 2009

Pros:Applies Easily, Reasonably Priced, Decent Shine...once you get it off

Cons:Takes forever to buff out, leaves streaks and swirls

The Bottom Line:

The time that it takes to buff this wax off your car is not worth it for the same shine you can get with better quality, easier to use products!

Being single, my car is like my child, I take very good care of it. I wax it probably more often than I should, once every 3-4 months. Normally I use Meguiar's for everything on my car but for once I decided I would try something new in the form of Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid Wax. I picked up a bottle for $4.99 at a local Advance Auto while I was picking up some glass cleaner and tire shine. I was a bit surprised because of the low price, most of your better waxes are going to go for at least seven or eight dollars so I figured this was a bargain at the cost. I have also used other black magic products such as their interior and tire cleaner and have not been let down so I figured it would be a solid wax.

I always use a foam applicator pad to apply the wax. Black Magic went on easy enough and you can spread a little bit of it quite a bit which I liked. The wax dries fairly quickly so you don't want to get too far ahead of yourself while waxing the vehicle. Now we get to the fun part. This stuff does not want to come off of the car! I normally use a microfiber buffing towel whenever I wax my car and this always worked great with my Meguiar's Gold Class car wax. Not so much with the Black Magic.

Even after heavy buffing, there are still smears and streaks on the clear coat. I felt like I would dent the hood, fenders, etc. if I pressed any harder while trying to buff it out. The wax also builds up fast on the microfiber, something that I didn't have problems with when using other waxes. It took me almost 45 minutes just to do the hood of the car to buff it out to where there were a minimum amount of swirls. I do have a black car, so it is a bit harder to make it look clearer, but this was overboard. I had the same problem on the quarter panels. The wax just does not want to come off the car. I do not have a professional buffer so I was stuck with elbow grease on this one. It took me almost an hour and a half to do the hood and two front quarter panels of the car.

After this I was really frustrated. I actually threw the bottle in the trash and went to the Pepboys down the street and bought a bottle of Meguiar's Gold Class which is what I should have just done in the first place. I had always used Meguiar's and I guess I know why now. Black Magic guarantees an incredible shine, what the bottle doesn't tell you is that you will have arthritis after trying to wax your car. I show my car in car shows and just don't have the time or the patience to deal with this wax and getting it off the car. It's almost like you are trying to buff out super glue.

In the end the shine on the hood and the front quarter panels did look great, but it was not worth the work to get there. I can normally wax my car in 1-2 hours using my Meguiar's Gold Class wax which looks awesome and will also do a light 2nd coat if I am showing my car that week so all together I can do 2 coats of wax with the Gold Class in a shorter amount of time than it would take me to wax my car once with the Black Magic. I guess you get what you pay for and there is a reason Meguiar's has one of the best names in auto care products. So take it from me, avoid this wax and the pain and suffering you will have to endure to get it off your car!

BM48016 Wet Shine Liquid Car Wax, 16 Oz

BM48016 Wet Shine Liquid Car Wax, 16 Oz

Provides long-lasting, wet-look shine.Easy-on/easy off application maximizes shine and brilliance.Formulated for easy-to-use application by hand or bu...
Grohe 48016KS0 Velvet Black Universal Veris handle red

Grohe 48016KS0 Velvet Black Universal Veris handle red

Grohe 48016KS0 Velvet Black Universal Veris handle red. Parts. Veris handle red .
eFaucets.com

5.11 48016 Response Jacket (dark Navy, Small)

5.11 48016 Response Jacket (dark Navy, Small)

Product Description 5.11 #48016 Response Jacket (Dark Navy, Small) Looking for a lightweight raid jacket that resists wind?Our Response Jacket has bee...

Ricci 48016 Arianna 12 Bowl 48016

Ricci 48016 Arianna 12 Bowl 48016

Arianna 12 bowl.Material: Crystal Pattern: Arianna Size: 12
HomeClick

Grohe 48016KS0 Veris Bathroom Faucet Handle Velvet Black

Grohe 48016KS0 Veris Bathroom Faucet Handle Velvet Black

Bathroom Faucet Handle by Grohe. Available in Velvet Black Features Category: Bathroom Faucet Handles UPC: 4005176882203
NationalBuilderSupply.com

5.11 48016 Response Jacket (dark Navy, Medium)

5.11 48016 Response Jacket (dark Navy, Medium)

Product Description 5.11 #48016 Response Jacket (Dark Navy, Medium) Looking for a lightweight raid jacket that resists wind?Our Response Jacket has be...

SK PROFESSIONAL TOOLS 48016 Socket,Deep,1/2 In Dr,12 Pt,16mm

SK PROFESSIONAL TOOLS 48016 Socket,Deep,1/2 In Dr,12 Pt,16mm

Socket, Drive Size 1/2 In., Number of Points 12, Socket Depth Deep, Metric, Size 16mm, Standard Tool(Accessory Needed for Tethering), Overall Length 3...
Zoro

Cables To Go 48016 Hospital Grade Power Cord - power cable - 6 ft

C2G Hospital Grade Power Cord - Power cable - NEMA 5-15 (M) - IEC 320 EN 60320 C13 - 6 ft - gray
MacMall