Maglite Mini Flashlight Reviews

4 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Maglite, Mag Bright

Dec 8, 2007

Pros:Sassy colors make survivalism fun!

Cons:Not big enough to beat anything to death with.

The Bottom Line: The Bottom Line plans to head straight to the pub when the zombies attack.

After a stretch of bad weather and power outages lasting for days, I decided that it would be a fun project to assemble an emergency kit, like the government is always going on about. My enthusiasm only increased when I realized I would get to go shopping for exciting things like space blankets, candles, and high-protein energy bars, but by far the coolest thing I bought for my End of Days emergency kit was my mini Maglite.

Normally, I buy generic and hoard my hard-earned dollars, but I figured that if there really ever was a nuclear winter, tsunami, or zombie invasion, I would probably be thankful for brand-name gear. Maglite was a brand I had heard of, so I decided to spring for that one, which was only about $10. And how glad I am that I did!

First, my flashlight is a sassy metallic blue, with an etched diamond pattern to improve traction, and the kind of heft I associate with policeman's flashlights. This one is pretty small, about seven inches long, so you couldn't actually beat anyone to death with it, but it's also very portable and easy to carry. It takes two AA batteries. It comes with a belt holster that you can attach to your belt for ease of carrying, although I doubt I'll really use that feature. Its small size makes it great for tucking into an emergency kit – I store mine in a backpack, so the Maglite fits well in the smaller front pocket and is easily accessible.

The battery comes with a spare bulb tucked in the end of the handle. It also has a "candle feature," meaning you can unscrew the head of the flashlight, turn it upside down, and stick the end of the flashlight into the base to create an electric candle – perfect for long stints of waiting in your underground bunker while bombs explode overhead, or perhaps being besieged by a zombie army.

Luckily, nothing catastrophic enough to require prolonged use of the Maglite has happened yet. But if it does, I'm ready for whatever may come. And as long as you bring extra batteries, you're welcome to warm your hands by the light of my electric flashlight candle.

MAGLITE FLASHLIGHT MODEL M3A106 AAA MINI MAGLITE FACTORY SEALED NEW GREAT SALE PRICE!!WE WILL ALSO COMBINE SHIPPING AND SHIP EACH ADDITONAL LIGHT FOR ...
Mini Maglite 2 Cell AAA Lens eBay Inventory Software and eBay Automated Listing Powered By:
MAGLITE FLASHLIGHT MODEL M2A10H MINI MAG FACTORY SEALED NEW GREAT SALE PRICE!!WE WILL ALSO COMBINE SHIPPING AND SHIP EACH ADDITONAL LIGHT FOR 1.00 SHI...
--Item Description-- This is a brand new and never opened item.--shipping handling--USPS first class mail Shipping Option $8.98 (3 to 5 days). Slow bu...
Maglite M3A106 2 Cell AAA Silver Flashlight with Clip and Batteries Incandescent Turn it on and see the light with this Mini Maglite. Just twist the f...
1-20 of 200 best deals 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next >> Why are these stores listed?