Magnavox NB530MGX Blu-Ray Player Reviews

Magnavox NB530MGX Blu-Ray Player

Good Player for the Money

Dec 16, 2009 (Updated Sep 8, 2010)

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Flawless operation-Fast load time and nice picture.

Cons:Funai's Firmware Update From website difficult to copy/transfer. Unit itself is a little noisy.

The Bottom Line:

Well worth it based on the cost and quality.--Durability raised to a 5 from 4. (Now Sept. 8,2010)

I bought a Magnavox NB530MGX Blu-Ray player several months ago-around July 2009 while shopping for a replacement bedroom TV. I was waiting for Blu-Ray players to drop below $100 before taking the plunge. There it was, this player at Wal-Mart marked as a Special and priced at $97. That was $50 less than the older,lesser 500 model. This has a "BD Live" feature-I just knew it was an advancement-I've never availed myself of it as yet, for that requires the player to be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable. Enough of my habits are already monitored, no need to add another!  All I can say is it has worked flawlessly since I got it. It plays all DVD's (as it should) and says it "upgrades" all DVD's to HD. Mine is connected to a HD TV that has 1080p resolution via an HDMI cable. That is the minimum requirement to view Blu-Ray disc's to full advantage. To me, the difference is not all that much, regular DVD's look pretty good to me. TV's with screens over 42" would benefit the most by Blu-Rays higher screen resolution. A complaint of Blu-Ray players is a long "load" time when a disc is inserted. I have never had to wait more than 25 seconds to view a program.
A few months after I got this, Funai, the manufacturer of this and many other brands-IE: Emerson, Sylvania, GE, Etc. released a firmware update that can be downloaded from their Web Site. It allows Blu-Rays with newer types of Copy Guard(s) to be viewed.

Remember:The true quality of the picture and sound is going to be based on the quality of the whole system- TV, Audio equipment and proper connection cables.

There are no extra bells and whistles with this unit, but for the price, how can you go wrong?
--------------------------------------
NEW--It is now Sept. 8 2010 and I downloaded a software/firmware update several months ago. It has played all Blu-Ray disc's I've rented and there have been no problems since it's purchase.

Magnavox Msd124 Dvd/cd Player W/ Progressive Scan Dolby Digital

Magnavox Msd124 Dvd/cd Player W/ Progressive Scan Dolby Digital

- Brand NEW items - FREE standard shipping - Easy returns NEW Magnavox MSD124 DVD/CD Player w/ Progressive Scan Dolby Digital Our price $135.53 $182.9...

Magnavox Zv427mg9 Dvd Recorder / Vcr With Line-in Recording (no Tuner)

Magnavox Zv427mg9 Dvd Recorder / Vcr With Line-in Recording (no Tuner)

DVD Recorder / VCR Combo, Progressive Scan, Built-In Dolby Digital Decoder, Virtual Surround Sound

Philips Mdv-460 Magnavox Dvd Player

Philips Mdv-460 Magnavox Dvd Player

Philips MDV-460 Magnavox DVD Player Product Features:Dvd player Dimensions (in): 3.10 X 19.00 X 13.80 nbsp nbsp_______________________________________...

Magnavox Zv427mg9 Dvd Recorder/vcr Combo Hdmi 1080p Up-conversion No Tuner

Magnavox Zv427mg9 Dvd Recorder/vcr Combo Hdmi 1080p Up-conversion No Tuner

Sony WiFi Ready Blu-ray Player BDP-S370

Sony WiFi Ready Blu-ray Player BDP-S370

Buy at Newegg.com Sony WiFi Ready Blu-ray Player BDP-S370
Newegg.com

Toshiba Blu-ray Player With Usb Port & Ethernet 1080p Full Hd Hdmi

Toshiba Blu-ray Player With Usb Port & Ethernet 1080p Full Hd Hdmi

Blu-ray Player, Progressive Scan, Virtual Surround, Dolby Digital (Digital out only), DTS (Digital out only) Sound

Lg 3d Multi Zone All Region Code Free Blu Ray Disc Player Dvd 0-8 Bd A/b/c

Lg 3d Multi Zone All Region Code Free Blu Ray Disc Player Dvd 0-8 Bd A/b/c

since 2000 14 years! Bombay Electronics 5743 Howard St Niles, IL 60714 847-983-4761 always bargain offers! LARGE SELECTION, GREAT PRICES! LG BD530 WiF...

Marantz UD5007  3D Blu-ray player with Networking

Marantz UD5007 3D Blu-ray player with Networking

3D Blu-ray player with Networking plays standard and 3D Blu-ray discs, SACDs, DVD-Audio discs, DVDs, and CDs,Internet-ready for streaming movies and T...
Crutchfield

MAGNAVOX DV220FX4 DVD and VCR Combo,3.8in.H,17.2in.W

MAGNAVOX DV220FX4 DVD and VCR Combo,3.8in.H,17.2in.W

DVD and VCR Combo, Height 3.8 In., Width 17.2 In., Depth 9.2 In., Power Rating 16W, Number of Batteries 2, Battery Size AA, Batteries Included Yes
Zoro

Denon - 3D Universal Blu-ray Disc Player with Networking, 1080p Video Output, Online Strea

Denon 3D Universal Blu-ray Disc Player with Networking, 1080p Video Output, Online Streaming, HDMI With its superior build quality and versatile playa...
Adorama