Marcy MD-2109 Home Gym Reviews

Free Shipping Target
+$101.36 shipping Sports Authority

Marcy Diamond Elite Home Gym

Apr 18, 2012

Pros:Lets you work many different muscle groups

Cons:Feels a bit wobbly at times

The Bottom Line: This is a good buy for the money, but make sure you have enough space for it.

I have had this Marcy Diamond Elite Stack Gym for a couple of years now and still use it at least once a week. It’s a great way to get a quick workout or just pump your upper body up a bit. I was lucky enough to inherit this from an in-law who was moving and didn’t have room for it in their new house.

Since I am the second owner, I didn’t have to assemble this contraption from scratch. I did, however, have to partially dismantle it just to get it in the back of my truck. It’s all held together through a series of pulleys and cables that are stretched pretty tight. Once I saw how it was all supposed to work, I didn’t have any problem putting it back together.

As you might imagine, you need a good bit of space for this home gym. It takes about as much floor space as a single bed, and its height will prohibit you from putting it in a room with a ceiling fan unless you have very high ceilings. The sheer size of this thing is probably the main detriment in owning one.

There’s a lot you can do with this gym, and that’s what I like about it. You can sit on the built-in chair and do most everything, including an upright press like a vertical bench press, plus a butterfly press. You can do lifts or curls. There’s also a bar you can pull down to work your shoulders. A manual is included to show you all the different things that can be done, and it allows you to work most every major muscle group. The 100 pound max limit is plenty enough for regular use. If you need more than that to work out, then you belong in a real gym. The weights come in stackable units and you just use a metal pin to select the weight.

If you’ve ever been to a real gym with their nice expensive equipment, then you will experience the smooth motion of the machines. On this home gym, there is a trade-off to the versatility it offers and the result is lessened stability. Everything you do on this is just a bit wobbly. It’s not that big a deal because as soon as you put some tension on the cables, it all tightens up. The key is to use smooth motion while working out and not go too fast.

What you have to be careful of is not getting too vigorous with this machine or you could easily hurt yourself. There is not much in the way of height adjustments so everything is in a fixed position. Depending on your size and height, this could cause some exercises to be uncomfortable. If so, don’t do them! There have been a couple of times where I didn’t stretch properly and ended up with an aggravated muscle or two. You should always take care before getting into any workout routine.

Overall, I am happy with this home gym. I like that I can take a seated position and quickly work out a few different sets of exercises. It makes a great companion for a treadmill and is perfect for your home gym, provided you have enough space to use it properly.

Find home gyms at Target.com! Perform chest press and independent pec fly exercises with the marcy diamond 100 lb. Single stack home gym. - 2 x 2 and ...

Work out in the comfort of your home with this Marcy 100-lb stack home gym. It features a heavy-duty steel frame that includes a dual-function press a...
Sports Authority