Sleep Wise Dual-side Pillow Reviews

Sleep Wise Dual-side Pillow

No More Counting Sheep with Martha Stewart's Sleep Wise Dual-Side Pillow

Nov 17, 2012

Pros:Dual sided
Avena Foam for comfort
True standard size
Relieves pressure points

Cons:Strong odor at first

The Bottom Line: If you like a firm pillow with a fluffy side to place your face, I highly recommend the Martha Stewart Sleep Wise Dual-Side Pillow.

My name is Loretta and I'm a pillowholic.  I am totally obsessed with pillows.  I sleep with eight pillows and each must have the right dimension, firmness, fluffiness, ticking, and be hypoallergenic.  I am never without my favorite pillow and I carry it along with me whether I travel by plane, boat, or car.

When my favorite “laying” pillow fell apart in the washing machine, I panicked!  I purchased seven pillows at three different stores, only keeping one:   the Martha Stewart Sleep Wise Dual-Side Pillow.

Description:

I purchased the Martha Stewart Sleep wise Dual-Side Pillow in the standard size at Macy’s.  It measures 20 inches x 26”.

The pillow has two different sleeping surfaces:  1)100%  polyester  alternative down on one side; 2) Avena Foam on the other.  The ticking of the pillow is white with blue cording.

The Avena Foam Technology is claimed to give “complete support, will not crack or dry out and resists body impressions to retain its shape over time.”

The pillow distributes body weight to relieve pressure points for a painless night’s sleep.

The box claims the pillow is hypoallergenic and virtually odorless.  The former may be true, but the latter is certainly not.  The Avena Foam had a strong chemical odor when removed from the plastic.  It was advised to allow the pillow to air out in a ventilated room for 24 hours.  After 24 hours, the odor was still strong, so I left it out for a week before the odor had lessened enough for the pillow to be used.

To be fair, I am highly sensitive to chemicals and scents, so most consumers would not consider the scent to be an issue.

After approximately a month, the odor is now gone, unless I actually press my nose to the foam and take a sniff and I can still detect a faint odor which I am sure will dissipate in time.

My Experience:

It is difficult to find a true standard sized pillow.  Most pillows I found were labeled “standard-queen” so I was elated when I found a pillow in the size I desired.

The alternative down is so fluffy you would never know it was not true down.  I sleep with my “face” pillow slightly slanted and I notice the filling somewhat falls to the bottom of the pillow and I turn it around half way through the night.  This would not happen if I were to lay it flat on the bed as most people do.

The Avena Foam is very firm on one side which gives good support for placing the pillow slant-wise.  I only sleep on the alternative down side which provides maximum and luxurious comfort.

My Take:

I am so glad I found the Martha Stewart Sleep-Well Dual Sided Pillow.  It was difficult to find a true standard sized pillow and one that had filling filled to each corner of the ticking so the corners weren’t flapping.

Cost:

The Martha Stewart Sleep-Well Dual Sided Pillow retails for $100.00 in the standard size.  I purchased the pillow on sale at Macy’s, but I cannot remember the exact price.

Country of Origin:

The fabric and fill is made in China.  The pillow is assembled in the U.S.A. with U.S.A. foam.

Thank you for reading my review and Lean ‘N Mean Entry.

Martha Stewart Collection Sleep Wise Dual Side Foam Pillow Bedding

Martha Stewart Collection Sleep Wise Dual Side Foam Pillow Bedding

Two sides for two comfort options! Featuring soft, cool and shape-retaining Avena foam on one side and plush polyester fill on the other, this Martha ...
Macys.com

Sleep Revolution Dual-Sided Memory Foam and Microfiber Pillow, 2-pack Standard-size White

Sleep Revolution's dual-sided pillow features one side of ventilated memory foam and a soft microfiber-fill side. This dual-sided pillow comes in a co...

DV Kap Wise Guy Decorative Feather Filled Throw Pillow (Wise Guy), Size 24 x 24

DV Kap Wise Guy Decorative Feather Filled Throw Pillow (Wise Guy), Size 24 x 24

Update your living room decor with this plush, feather-filled throw pillow. An embroidered owl pattern adds wise, contemporary style to the removable ...
Overstock.com

Martha Stewart Collection, Sleep Wise Support Foam Contour Pillow In Box

Martha Stewart Collection, Sleep Wise Support Foam Contour Pillow In Box

BRAND NEW SEALED IN PACKAGE!!!A supportive rest with a personal touch. Featuring hypoallergenic memory foam that contours to the shape of your head an...

Sleep Revolution Dual-Sided Memory Foam and Microfiber Pillow, 2-pack Queen-size White

Sleep Revolution Dual-Sided Memory Foam and Microfiber Pillow, 2-pack King-size White

Martha Stewart Collection Sleep Wise Gusset Memory Foam Pillow Bedding

Martha Stewart Collection Sleep Wise Gusset Memory Foam Pillow Bedding

Awaken rested and comfortable with Martha Stewart Collection's Sleep Wise Gusset Foam pillow, featuring Visco elastic memory foam that conforms to you...
Macys.com

Wise Old Owl Holiday Christmas Winter Hooked Wool Throw Pillow 16 X 12

Wise Old Owl Holiday Christmas Winter Hooked Wool Throw Pillow 16 X 12

Home : About Us : Contact : Feedback : Bookmark : Mailing List Signup : Our Rescue Tails WINTER WISE OLD OWL HOLIDAY HOOKED CHRISTMAS THROW PILLOW - 1...