Marvel Mystery Multi Oil Treatment Reviews

Marvel Mystery Multi Oil Treatment

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Itís a mystery to some but a marvel to me, Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO)

Apr 8, 2009 (Updated Apr 8, 2009)

Pros:Least expensive yet cost effective and affordable preventative measure you can do for your engine.

Cons:If used regularly your car may fall apart before your engine does.

The Bottom Line: Like taking vitamins for your body this product will help keep your engine healthy and ward off that eventual trip to the repair shop.

Ask any car enthusiast about "Marvel Mystery Oil" and they will more than likely have something positive to say about the product. The only "mystery" is the formula. I have no idea what's in this red bottle, it's a real mystery but it works! Would your local mechanic recommend you use MMO? Probably not, they'll just roll their eyes and have some negative comment like "Don't put that snake oil in your engine" Well, as a consumer and mechanically skilled person I've got over 30 something years using this product and it's been working just fine.

I'm all about preventive maintenance diligently trying to avoid costly repairs or unexpected breakdowns. In all my years of mechanical experience I've only found a few engine additive products that live up to what they advertise. The product I'm reviewing today is Marvel Mystery Oil. Nothing new, it's been around since 1923 and you'll find it in practically every auto parts store or automotive products section at most major retailers. Today the cost is averaging 17 cents per ounce or about $5.50 per quart.

MMO is a particular product that doesn't cost but saves you in the long run. I have found it to be most effective in engines with at least 60,000 miles on them. Obviously you're not going to notice or experience any improvement by using this product on a new car but I would recommend using  MMO after your initial 20-30 thousand miles.

I've been using MMO since the age of sixteen when I discovered my auto-shop teacher adding it to a Mustang's freshly rebuilt V8. He explained it will help the engine break-in properly by polishing all the moving "metal to metal" parts which contact each other.

My most impressive success story would be my recently retired 30 year old "Snapper" lawn mower. Everything was falling apart around the engine and it was finally "done in" by a corroded engine block. It never survived its final tune-up as all the metal shields could no longer be bolted to the engine. Internally the little Briggs 5HP motor was clean as a whistle, not to mention it still had plenty of compression. I can only attribute this kind of longevity to proper maintenance and the small amount of MMO in both the fuel and crankcase.

A must for older engines:

As engines get older, metal parts are worn down and tolerances increase, such as the "piston ring gap".  Worn engines will tend to burn oil into the fuel air mixture causing more deposits to cling to the metal surfaces in the combustion chamber(s).

In the engines crankcase

Does MMO work? Yes.

Is it 100% effective? No, not always.

But in most cases I can tell there's a slight increase in performance within a hundred miles of driving. In my years of using the product I've added a quart to a few severely neglected rough running engines that would not pass an emissions test. After adding a quart it took about 3 days or 100 miles to notice the improvement and pass the test. My worst case scenario was on a 94 Chevy pickup with a 5.7L and 175,000 on the odometer I bought used 6 years ago. I later resold the truck to someone I knew and just last summer he said the engine had just hit the 300,000 mile mark.

In the fuel tank:

By adding the recommended amount to your fuel tank MMO will act as a throttle body and upper cylinder valve lubricant plus help lubricate the entire fuel system, including fuel injectors. Deposits in the combustion chamber can rob your engines power by causing pre-detonation or pinging. This is caused by the fuel air mixture being ignited prematurely by the glowing hot deposits before the spark plug does its duty.

How do I know MMO is doing its job?

I've experience longer than average engine life and more trouble free miles. Over the years I've  noticed on at least 2 of 3 occasions when tearing down a motor and prepping  for a rebuild that the engines treated with MMO were noticeably cleaner internally.
Several of my work trucks have over 100,000 miles on them, the oldest being a 2004 Chevrolet 2500HD. I change the oil every 5-6,000 miles in my trucks and we Do Not have to add oil between changes. Although a quart low this is for the most part extremely exceptional.

Finally:

The bottle is "user friendly" not messy and spill proof. The 32oz bottle appears a solid red but it's slightly transparent and easy to see-through to the red liquid. Marked in "every 4 ounce" increments. The viscosity is similar but slightly thinner than "Dextron" ATF. (tranny fluid)

Are you a first timer to MMO?

If your car (or any gasoline engine) is experiencing some mechanical hiccups or plain sluggish, may I suggest buying a 32oz bottle of MMO and follow the recommended dosage, adding to the gas and oil. If you're due for an oil change and you're a quart down add some MMO a few days before the oil change.

Besides high quality engine oil, the only other additive with similar amazing results that gets into my engine: RISLONE REVIEW

The website: http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/

Ease of Application: Good; takes little time to apply

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 10 Oz

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 10 Oz

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 10 oz Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment is a therapeutic oil perfect for all hair types and is e...

Healing Oil Treatment (For All Hair Types)-300ml/10oz
Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment (For All Hair Types) 300ml/10oz by Macadamia Natural Oil

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$75.00 - Healing Oil Treatment (For All Hair Types)-300ml/10oz - haircare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment - 4.2 oz

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment - 4.2 oz

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Bio-oil contains a breakthrough ingredient, pur-cellin oil, that makes the product easy for your skin to absorb. ...

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 10 oz professional size

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 10 oz professional size

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil is a lighter Healing Oil alternative ideal for fine hair, yet therapeutic enough for all hair types.
Verbena Products

Marvel Mm85r1 Air Tool Oil - 32 Oz. Free Shipping

Marvel Mm85r1 Air Tool Oil - 32 Oz. Free Shipping

Marvel MM85R1 Air Tool Oil - 32 oz. Product Features: Prevents rust formation Provides positive lubrication for smooth starting Dissolves gum and slud...

Rusk Deepshine Oil Protective Treatment - 2 oz

Rusk Deepshine Oil Protective Treatment - 2 oz

Rusk Deepshine Oil Protective Treatment Deepshine Oil is a marine mineral-enriched argan oil treatment that smoothes the cuticle, eliminates frizz, a...
SleekHair.com

Clarins by Clarins for WOMEN Body Treatment Oil-Tonic--/3.3OZ

Clarins by Clarins for WOMEN Body Treatment Oil-Tonic--/3.3OZ

Body Treatment Oil-Tonic--/3.3OZ for WOMEN
FragranceNet
Bio-oil Scar Treatment (4.2 Oz)

Bio-oil Scar Treatment (4.2 Oz)

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment (4.2 oz)Features Vitamins A E Calendula, Lavender Rosemary chamomile oils Face Body Hypo- allergenic Suitable for all skin type...