Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Reviews

Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set

Jan 11, 2003

Pros:wonderful scents, smooth results that last

Cons:hard to open the tubes when using/get greasy lanolin is in hand cream

The Bottom Line: For the softest hands imaginable for an all day feeling of smoothness and no drying or need for hand lotion

Probably about twenty years ago I tried some Mary Kay™ products but broke out later due to not reading the ingredients and finding lanolin listed. Since I am allergic to this ingredient it creates shopping for cosmetics and other skin care items a real chore trying to read the fine print or contact companies for the ingredients beforehand.

My hands have been rough and a sore spot for me because they tend to have cuts and sores on them throughout the year, requiring band-aids on many fingers. While I like to wear nail polish the thought of having to endure the pain from the removers that all contain some form of lanolin is too excruciating, so I tend to find light colors that will just fade after time.

For years I used a St. Ives aloe hand lotion until they updated the bottle and added lanolin to the mix. Then I discovered the fabulous Whipped Silk in the same brand and started using this over the summer through now. I have a child that is still in diapers and wash my hands numerous times each day and then lather up with the lotion. Well I received around the holidays the Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set and must declare this is the winner for keeping my hands in tip-top shape. I am kind of sad to no longer need the Whipped Silk but that goes on my legs and arms now.

Several years ago I purchased a few items in the Arbonne cosmetics line to tone and cleanse my face. I could not keep up the system of using one and then another, too time consuming and my face did not really appreciate all this stuff night after night. I also use a similar system on my feet with Avon products and had never imagined such a set would exist for hands. Well it does and this Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set has made my hands that suffer from eczema year round symptom-free. I am looking forward to trying on some nail polish later today as well.

There are four tubes that make up this Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set and what a pampering it is! The next morning I woke up with the softest hands I have ever had. I never used hand lotion the entire day. This was amazing because I use quite a bit of lotion on a daily basis. In fact I wanted to write a review on this the very next day due to the wonderful feeling. Now after using this for about a week I know this continues after each use at nighttime.

The four tubes arrive in a plastic pouch with a white rim at the top and bottom. There is a braided stylish rope that serves as a hanger for storing if you so desire. I feel this would work best when traveling but my backdoor slot for bedroom and bathroom are filled and I prefer this to be in view so I can use nightly.

The zipper is located near the top with the four tubes in a decorative off-white color. The night cream is the only one that does not contain three ounces as this has 2.1. I learned after the first evening that it is best before you start applying any of these creams that you flip open the top. Again the night cream is different as it has twist off cap but the first one you use. I line them each up along the counter and use it systematically. This would work either in bathroom or kitchen area beside the sink since you need to rinse off after the third tube before applying the final cream.

Your skin will be clean when you start this process of applying the Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set to your hands. Directions and ingredients are found on the back of each tube in English and French. The tubes are Extra Emollient Night Cream, Buffing Cream, Cleansing Gel, Hand Cream with Sunscreen SPF 4. Each cream or gel has a unique scent and different texture. The following day you will need to wipe down the tubes because when you put them away with your new polished and pampered hands they get greasy. Once you have used this you will find a system that works for you and keep the rhythm and momentum up of continuing this regimen for finely sculpted and smooth hands that need no touch ups during the day.

Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Extra Emollient Night Cream - this is the 2.1 ounce with the twist off cap mentioned earlier. Ingredients are petrolatum, mineral oil, paraffin, beeswax, candelilla wax, hydrogenated soy glyceride, fragrance, carnauba wax, stearic acid, propylpartaben, butylparaben, menthol red 7. This comes out slowly and is a thick red gel that glides over your hands leaving a scent that is simply heavenly. I would compare it to the way toothpaste comes out of a tube. This will be a greasy feeling but smooth and clear on your hands.

Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Buffing Cream - this is 3 ounces of blue grains that have the same texture as a pumice scrub on your feet. Make sure you already have the other tubes open before applying this cream. Make sure this goes between the fingers as well. Extra fine buffing grains gently whisk away dead surface cells and smooth callused areas. A very true statement found on the back of the tube that does just as it states! Ingredients consist of water, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, polyethhylene, glyceryl stearate, lauramide dea, cetyl alcohol, ppg-5-ceteth-10-phosphate, sodium laureth sulfate, hydroxyethylcellulose, sorbitol, titanium dioxide, citric acid, propylene glycol, fragrance, methylparaben, disodium edta, quaternium-15, propylparaben, green 5, red 33.

MaryKay™ Satin Hands™ Cleansing Gel - This is a clear gel that once rubbed in leaves a white soapy film on your hands. You will rinse after this application and then dry your hands completely before the last tube is applied. This is working into your skin on top of the grainy cream still there. You will notice the sink will need a cleaning after the grains are left at the bottom of the sink, similar again to pumice scrubs. I always wipe down the sink and counter with a baby wipe when completed. This leaves my hands feeling rejuvenated and fresh smelling. The ingredients are water, tea-lauryl sulfate, disodium oleamido, mipa-sulfosuccinate, propylene glycol, lauramide dea, fragrance, sodium chloride, citric acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, quaternium-15.

Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Hand Cream With Sunscreen SPF 4 - Works like an invisible glove to fight dryness and flaking. Helps protect skin from premature aging. I have worn all sorts of moisturizing and cotton gloves found in fine department stores and beauty supply stores. None of those gloves can compare to using the Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set. This has been clinically tested for skin irritation and allergy and can be applied often and prior to sun exposure. Should not be swallowed or used near eyes.

This is the final step in this set and comes out of the tube in a peach color with swivels of cream. The scent is very pleasing and the feeling is just so soft and supple. It not only moisturizes while you sleep but continues on through the day with no repeat application. My hands look so much better it is amazing. There is not one cut or sign of a skin rash anywhere. The active ingredient is 2.5% w/w of octyl methoxycinnamate.

The inactive ingredients consist of water, sesame oil, sesame oil, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, acetylated lanolin, polysorbate 60, panthenol, dipotassium phosphate, dimethicone, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance, disodium edta, allantoin, tocopherol, propylene glycol, idiopropynyl butylcarbamate, yellow 5, red 4

Now I honestly did not know until just now as I typed up the ingredients that this had a form of lanolin listed. I had inquired before I received the Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set if lanolin was listed and was told no. I will have to make sure that I do not touch my face after applying this and tend to have an itchy face at night and have rubbed it with my hands after using the creams. But my hands have not seen any signs due to this being contained in the cream.

I was thinking of purchasing this Mary Kay™ Satin Hands™ Pampering Set for the teacher for my youngest son. She also has eczema and gave me a jar of Vitamin E and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I will have to check to see if lanolin is bothersome to her, but my rashes are worse than hers, so I think this will not be a problem.

I would suggest purchasing this for a Mother’s Day gift for the female in your life or parent as a token of appreciation and a daily dose of some pampering to the hands that take care of everyone and do it all day and night.

Even when washing hands later after applying the creams or the next day the feeling is still of soft smooth supple hands. The few times I have used my other hand lotion this did not hinder the feeling, but really there is little if no need for hand lotions after keeping up with this application nightly.

I am hoping this will last several months and plan on continuing with a purchase. This product is not available from major retailers. It may be purchased from individual Mary Kay consultants, such as: http://www.marykay.com/gcordova, with free shipping included!

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set ( Peach ) Brand

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set ( Peach ) Brand

MARY KAY SATIN HANDS PAMPERING SET ~FRAGRANCE - (PEACH)

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set (nib)

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set (nib)

Up for auction is a 4 piece Mary Kay Pampering Set -Buffing Cream -Cleansing Cream -Extra Emollient Night Cream -Hand Cream I accept PayPal only Poste...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set + Bonus - Your Choice

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set + Bonus - Your Choice

Welcome to Pink Bargains Featuring Mary Kay products always below retail price Our products are always fresh new guaranteed and most items come with b...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set

brand new comes in peach or fragrance-free
Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Choose Scent Full Size/fast Shipping

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Choose Scent Full Size/fast Shipping

TRANSLATE Arabic Chinese French German Greek Indonesian Italian Hindi Japanese Korean Swedish Portuguese Russian Spanish This Satin Hands Pampering S...

Mary Kay - Satin Hands Pampering Set - Peach -

Mary Kay - Satin Hands Pampering Set - Peach -

MARY KAY SATIN HANDS PAMPERING SET PEACH THIS SET INCLUDES: SATIN SMOOTHIE HAND SCRUB 7.75 OZ. SATIN HANDS HAND CREAM 3 OZ. EXTRA EMOLLIENT NIGHT CREA...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Mini.

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Mini.

great deal no refunds pay within two days of purchse

Mary Kay Peach Satin Hands Pampering Set Hand Scrub Hand Cream Hand Softener N

Mary Kay Peach Satin Hands Pampering Set Hand Scrub Hand Cream Hand Softener N

SATIN HANDS PEACH PAMPERING SET This is brand new has never been used, comes in its own reusable tote.Fragrance-Free Satin Hands® Hand Softener, 2.1 o...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Up for sale is a Brand New Full Size Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set. Included are the following items: Satin Ha...