Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Reviews

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set

Satin Hands in less than 5 minutes a night.

Jan 25, 2003

Pros:Soft hands and beautiful nails.

Cons:A little on the messy side.

The Bottom Line: If you want to treat yourself, instead of paying for a manicure, spend the money on this treatment. You will be extremely happy.

It was my lucky day, when a girlfriend of mine, sent me a package. My husband had brought it in from the mail box, and it was sitting on my desk. I opened it up to find, what looked like, a miniature hat box, with tubes inside.

The product was Satin Hands™ Pampering Set.

Such a cute set. The circular container has a see-through plastic, with a white top. This has a zip around it so you can get the products out. Right on the top, in the center is a ring with a braided rope, so you can hang it up. Neat idea.

The leaflet that comes with it is in English, French, and it could be Spanish? It explains the 4 steps of Satin Hands. I will go into these individually, as I will write a little on each of the 4 products. The leaflet is white and gold and very simple to read. The products are Mary Kay.

So what did I do next. I opened the case and checked out the 4 tubes. Boy, if I am going to spend time using these products, it had better work for me. On the other hand, it didn't cost me a dime, so at bed-time tonight I will have a go.

This was about 2 weeks ago. I really wanted to check the products over a long enough period of time to give an honest review. This is what the leaflet's instruction said:-

Step one.
Extra Emollient Night Cream.
Massage ample amount into hands and between fingers.

Step two.
Satin Hands Buffing Cream.
Massage ample amount into hands and between fingers.

Step three.
Satin Hands Cleansing Gel.
Massage ample amount into hands and rinse well under warm running water. Dry hands.

Step four.
Satin Hands Hand Cream with Sunscreen SPF4.
Massage ample amount of cream into skin.

Now you have Satin Hands.

So what did I do.

I got out the 4 tubes. Stacked them in front of me with the Emollient Night Cream at the front. All four tubes are an off-white color with gold color lettering. This tube has a screw cap and has 2.1. oz.net wt. On the back of the tube it states that you can dampen skin with water, prior to applying, for added hydration.

I moistened my hands and opened the tube. An orange very thick wax like product came out. I only used a small amount, not knowing how far it would go. I rubbed it well into both my hands. Especially my right thumb, that was badly cracked. My hands felt extremely greasy and I was ready for the next step.

The second tube has a flip up top and has 3oz. net wt. On turning to the back, I knew I had the correct product because it states, 'After massaging Extra Emollient Night Cream'. You get my drift. You cannot mess up this nightly ritual.

So I flip open the top and give the buffing cream a little squeeze. Out comes a pastel blue cream, with little blue sparkles in it. This is the grains which will exfoliate the dead skin on my hands and fingers. It also breaks down any calluses and roughness. I worked this onto my greasy hands and wondered what the next phrase would be.

So now my hands are really messy. They have all these little bits of grit over them. I then go to the Cleansing Gel. A 3 fl.oz. tube with a flip top. On opening it, out came the clear gel. Again I only used a small amount. It looked very similar to the liquid soaps that you find in restrooms. So now I have a third product on my hands. I rubbed this really well into my fingers and hands. It states on the tube 'work into a lather'. The only way I could do this was to add a little warm water. I then was able to get a reasonable lather. After this I followed the instructions to rinse thoroughly under warm water, and then dry completely.

At this point my hands were feeling very good and I couldn't wait for the final stage. Satin Hands Hand Cream with Sunscreen SPF 4. A very fine amount came out which is great. It is white, but has an orange tint to it. A very pleasant, clean smell. This rubbed it extremely easily. I wondered why it had the SPF 4 in it, when most people would use this treatment at night. Sleeping hours are always great for pampering oneself. However, the tube states 'Reapply as often as needed'. Therefore living in Florida, this is a bonus for me.

Mission accomplished I went to bed. Each night I have used this 4 step process. I have used the hand cream once or twice a day, depending on the state of my hands.

Are they 100% better. No, I would say 95%. My right thumb still is just a little rough. What I really noticed it how much nicer my nails are. I have naturally long nails, but sometimes they look as if they have ridges on them. These have completely gone. My hands and fingers are soft and smooth. Just that darn right thumb.

Will I continue with these products. Most certainly. I really love them.

There is only one thing that I dislike. Can you guess what? It is because you don't rinse your hands until after the third product. On the second and third tubes I managed to put grease and grains on them. They now slip out of my hands. I keep a Kleenex close by to wipe them down.

Sometimes I put the ingredients in a review, but as there are four products here, which makes it a long review, I decided against it. It anyone needs more information, please leave a comment, or e-mail me.

This is a perfect gift for Valentine's day, (my birthday), or Mother's day. Ladies of any age would appreciate this gift. I understand that the set retails for $28. I have used very little, so feel that it is value for money.

This product is not available from major retailers. It may be purchased from individual Mark Kay consultants, such as: http://www.marykay.com/gcordova. Also free shipping included.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review. Tuesday is the day Len sees the surgeon. Oh, how we hope he can drive again, after 7 weeks.

See my review of Mary Kay Favorite Things Pressed Flowers Body Soak".

Susie.

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set ( Peach ) Brand

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set ( Peach ) Brand

MARY KAY SATIN HANDS PAMPERING SET ~FRAGRANCE - (PEACH)

Mary Kay - Satin Hands Pampering Set - Peach -

Mary Kay - Satin Hands Pampering Set - Peach -

MARY KAY SATIN HANDS PAMPERING SET PEACH THIS SET INCLUDES: SATIN SMOOTHIE HAND SCRUB 7.75 OZ. SATIN HANDS HAND CREAM 3 OZ. EXTRA EMOLLIENT NIGHT CREA...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set

Peach Satin Hands Pampering Set Fragrance-Free Satin Hands® Hand Softener, 2.1 oz.Peach Satin Hands® Satin Smoothie® Hand Scrub, 7.75 oz.Peach Satin H...

Mary Kay Fragrance Free Satin Hands Pampering Set, Hand Softener, Scrub, & Cream

MARY KAY FRAGRANCE FREE SATIN HANDS PAMPERING SET Fragrance free hand softener, hand scrub, and hand cream with 24 hour moisturization . a href=http:/...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set + Bonus - Your Choice

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set + Bonus - Your Choice

Welcome to Pink Bargains Featuring Mary Kay products always below retail price Our products are always fresh new guaranteed and most items come with b...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set

brand new comes in peach or fragrance-free
Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Vanilla Sugar

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Vanilla Sugar

NEW MARY KAY VANILLA SUGAR SATIN HANDS PAMPERING SET Includes: 1- fragrance free hand softener, 1-scented hand scrub, 1-vanilla sugar scented hand cre...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Full Size Nip Vanilla Sugar Le

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Full Size Nip Vanilla Sugar Le

clfahey Store Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set VANILLA SUGAR ~ Limited Edition from Fall 2013 FULL SIZE - 3 PCS A wonderful-for-winter set ! Pick up...

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Full Size Bag Hand Lotion Cream Scrub Soften

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Full Size Bag Hand Lotion Cream Scrub Soften

Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set Fragrance-Free Hand Softener, 2.1 oz.Hand Scrub, 7.75 oz.Hand Cream, 3 oz. Carrying Case Smoke Free Free Shipping P...

Mary Kay® Ltd. Ed. Body Care: Honeydew Satin Hands® Pampering Set

Mary Kay® Ltd. Ed. Body Care: Honeydew Satin Hands® Pampering Set

Mary Kay® LTD. ED.! Body Care: Honeydew Satin Hands® Pampering Set Features Has a refreshing honeydew melon scent Makes a great gift Is clinically tes...