Matrix Lighting Amplify Reviews

Matrix Lighting Amplify

Matrix Volumizing Shampoo

Aug 22, 2001 (Updated Aug 23, 2001)

Pros:Over time it does make hair appear thicker. Pleasant smell.

Cons:Expensive, available only in a salon.

The Bottom Line: If you have fine, thin hair, I recommend this product to you. It's advanced polymer technology truly does add fullness and volume to thin hair.

Amplify Volumizing Shampoo
My daughter got hooked on Amplify shampoo a year ago after she had her hair cut and styled at our salon. Her beautician recommended Amplify to her, and even though it was very expensive, $6 for an 8 ounce bottle, she bought it and excitedly told me all about it when she came home. I couldn't believe that she paid so much for such a small bottle, I mean 8 ounces? (I could never understand why they recommended this product in the first place, because she does not have thin hair!) Nevertheless, on with the story!

What It Does
Amplify Volumizing Shampoo, made by Matrix, contains a formula so unique that they have patented it! The key ingredient is a polymer that is supposed to stick to the underside of the hair follicle. When hair is washed, the hair cuticle opens up, thus this ingredient can better adhere to the hair shaft. It doesn't say so on the bottle, but our hairdresser advised her to keep it on her hair for about a minute after sudsing up her head, so as to achieve maximum results. It claims to increase not only the thickness of hair, but also the diameter of the hair shaft.

Results Aren't Immediate
To be totally honest with you, I didn't notice any immediate added volume to my daughters hair (it was already a lot thicker than mine is). But after she had used the Amplify Volumizing Shampoo for a few weeks, I could really start to see a difference. So much so, that I started to use the Amplify as well. I have very fine hair and it can use all the help it can get!

The Product and Performance
Amplify shampoo comes in a clear bottle, with various shades of blue lettering. The smell is light and fresh, not at all over powering. I am very picky about products that I use on my hair, if it doesn't smell nice, I won't use it. I have fine thin hair that is color treated with highlights, and I have had absolutely no problems with this shampoo. Because the texture of my hair is fine and thin, it gets weighed down easily by hair products - I did not find that the case with Amplify. It didn't weigh by hair down, and there was no problem with product build up - there was no noticeable residue left on my hair. As a bonus, it also added noticeable shine and manageability to my hairstyle. Unfortunately, it is so expensive that I stopped using it.

Companion Products
Matrix also makes Amplify Volumizing Conditioner and a Volumizing Hairspray. I have not used the hairspray, but I have tried the conditioner and like it. It has the same scent as the shampoo.

Ask The Experts
When we went to Colorado for Christmas last winter, I asked my relatives about Amplify Shampoo. My mother-in-law and my sister-in-law both owned their own beauty shop for years, and my niece manages a beauty supply store, where all the salons purchase their hair care products. All of these gals are pretty up to date on all the newest technology, especially my niece, who knows which hair care products are the most popular and sell the best in the salons around town. She had high praises for Amplify Shampoo. She said although she didn't use it personally (she already has very thick hair) she had heard great testimonials from salon owners who's customers had benefited from it. She had used it on her daughter, who has very fine hair, and felt that it did help. We were able to stock up at her discount (40% off what salon owners pay!) Can you believe the mark up on these salon products?? Now we have run out and it's time to see if she can ship more to us, otherwise I won't be using it, I just cannot afford to pay $6 for a small bottle - not with two of us wanting to use it! I don't like it that much, and I still want to try the VS products that caprig and lorace so highly recommend! (See their reviews, these products sound wonderful too!)

Matrix's Claim
"Amplify Volumizing Shampoo leaves hair looking and feeling thicker. A weightless cleansing complex works beneath the surface of the hair fiber to add fullness. Actually generates volume with each use."

After using this product and seeing what it did for not only my hair, but my daughters, I agree with their statement. Amplify Volumizing Shampoo seems to have that magical formula! But as I stated, it does take a while to notice the difference. Don't expect thicker, fuller hair over night.

Ingredients
Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamide DEA, cocoamidopropyl betaine, fragrance, panthenol, wheat amino acids, cocoimonium hydroxypropyl silk amino acids, hydrolyzed rice protein, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, aminomethyl propanol, sodium chloride, disodium EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, FD&C green no. 3, D&C yellow no. 10.

Final Thoughts
Matrix makes some wonderful products, and their Amplify line is quite good. Not having tried other volumizer shampoo's on my grocers shelf, I cannot make a fair comparison between salon and non-salon products. If I could not get this product at a discount, I don't think I would be buying it. I think the Matrix Biolage Thermal-Active Setting Spray adds as much body to my hair as the Amplify Shampoo does - it too contains a copolymer.

If you have fine thin hair, you may want to ask your beautician about Matrix Amplify Volumizing Shampoo.

AMPLIFY by Matrix for UNISEX VOLUMIZING SYSTEM CONDITIONER 13.5 OZ

AMPLIFY by Matrix for UNISEX VOLUMIZING SYSTEM CONDITIONER 13.5 OZ

VOLUMIZING SYSTEM CONDITIONER 13.5 OZ for UNISEX
FragranceNet
Matrix Amplify Xl for Color Treated Hair 33.8oz Shampoo 33.8oz Conditioner Duo Set

Matrix Amplify Color XL Shampoo - a unique volumizing shampoo for color-treated hair, formulated to provide Xtra volume, Xtra shine, Xtra long color w...
Matrix Amplify Color XL Conditioner - 10.1 oz

Matrix Amplify Color XL Conditioner - 10.1 oz

Matrix Amplify Color XL Conditioner for color-treated hair with patented Thixel Technology provides weightless conditioning for Xtra volume and Xtra s...
SleekHair.com

Matrix Total Results Amplify Shampoo 500ml/17oz by Matrix

Matrix Total Results Amplify Shampoo 500ml/17oz by Matrix

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$23.50 - Total Results Amplify Shampoo-500ml/17oz - haircare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

DiscontinuedBeauty
Matrix Total Results Amplify Shampoo, 10.1 fl oz

Matrix Total Results Amplify Shampoo, 10.1 fl oz

Matrix Total Results Amplify Shampoo cleanses as it adds lightweight volume and lasting lift. Matrix Total Results cares for colored hair.

Good Looking Discounts

Set...matrix Amplify Shampoo & Conditioner 8.5 Oz Ea....fast Priority Ship In Us

Matrix Amplify Volumizing Shampoo Conditioner each 8.5 oz Picture shows actual item for sale. All products are purchased directly from authorized dist...

Matrix Essentials Amplify Step 1 Color Xl Shampoo, 13.5 oz

Matrix Essentials Amplify Step 1 Color Xl Shampoo, 13.5 oz

Matrix Essentials Amplify Step 1 Color Xl Shampoo, with its break-through patented formula, is designed to increase the thickness and diameter of your...

Matrix Total Results - Amplify Volumizing Wonder Boost Root Lifter 8oz

Matrix Total Results - Amplify Volumizing Wonder Boost Root Lifter 8oz

Wonder Boost features a targeted applicator for extreme lift at the root area or all over volume impact that lasts all day. Builds lightweight body wi...
My Beauty Buy