Maxi-Cosi Rodi XR - Phantom Booster Car Seat Reviews

Maxi-Cosi Rodi XR - Phantom Booster Car Seat

1 consumer review

Free Shipping Wayfair

Excellent investment in Safety!

Oct 18, 2010

Pros:Safe
easy to put together
comfortable

Cons:narrow belt guide that causes belt to twist.

The Bottom Line: For the price this is the best seat out of the 'best' category for the IIHS booster seat guide.

My son recently grew out of his Maxi Cosi Priori so we went on the search for a booster. On the IIHS website, this carseat is ranked in best category for boosters. It is important to note the difference between the RX and base version of the Rodi is the seatbelt guide, which was a large part of the reason the RX got such a great rating.
Out of the box it took me 5 minutes to put together and obviously was a breeze to install since you don't have to worry about the latch system.
My son did great in the transition.
The recline feature seems silly but I guess some people might be able to use it in a van with seats that recline easier than in my sedan.
The only problem I have is that the seatbelt guide for the shoulder strap is so narrow it does not allow the belt to move in and out easily. This has caused the belt to twist at times and you have to fully pull the belt out before buckling your child in.
The cover is easy to remove for cleaning and the side head rests are adjustable. I have a 40lb 3 year old who is wearing 4/5T clothes and he fits perfectly. He routinely fall asleep in his car seat and seems comfortable.

Color: Dress Blue Maxi-Cosi 22223 What's wonderful about children is that every single one of them is unique and every child develops and grows diffe...
Wayfair