Comments on Seeing Red over Blue-Emu" (30 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
How stupid can you be? See below...
by clausenlt
The following is all I needed to read and the rest of the "reveiw" was irrelevant...I will look for reviews from people who are less worried about how smart they think they sound...

" I took note of the disclaimer placed by Blue-Emu’s distributor, NFI Dietary Supplements:
“This Internet site is used for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider. Super Strength Blue-Emu™ is not a drug and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or ailment. It is not intended to affect the structure or functions of the human body.”

I admit that type of legal-speak is par for the course with any naturopathic supplements"...NO IT IS NOT...

You are dumber than a moron...the FDA REQUIRES>>>NO MAKES these companies put these "disclaimers" on their products!

This has nothing to do with whether the product worked for you or not. The FDA will not admit that there is any scientific proof or evidence that ANY nutritional supplements have any HEALTH benefits what-so-ever!

However, if a Pharmaceutical Company COPIED MSM glucosamine,chondroitin... and made a synthetic version...then they would not need this BS disclaimer...and would prescribe to the masses with all the side effects that come with synthetic copies of food!
Sep 16, 2010
6:46 pm PDT

Super Strength Orginal Blue Emu is the only one to use.
by woofdaddy
I had no luck with the other products from other companies.
But the Super Strength Orginal Blue Emu is a fantastic product. No it does not work for everything but you will be amazed with what it does do. My wife and I even use it for headaches.
I have recommended and even bought this product for others. The people that knock this product probably are not using the one and only. It has helped everyone I know who has ever tried it.
Feb 21, 2010
11:52 am PST

It worked for me
by wrkd4me
I will make this short and simple. You were allergic to the menthol, not the emu oil itself. Try the orderless kind and I know you will not experience any problems. At my place of work, all the girls there use it for aches and pains, but only buy the product marked oderless. Hope this helps you.
Jul 29, 2008
6:18 pm PDT

Listen to the Husband. . .He Knows Best
by holworks
I read an incredibly disappointing story just now about Blue-Emu. I should gather from the 50/50 half and half remarks that there is a bit more intuition in why the husband received Blue-Emu's full benefit and she did not.

Did she gob it on knowing she was allergic to menthol or another component?

Did she even know her sensitivity to menthol from experiences using a traditional product?

If not, why not?

First time ever putting something like that on her skin?

It is obvious she made a selection from the Blue-Emu product line. Menthol is not an active ingredient found in the 4 ounce jars so there is no smell, burning sensation fire ant or otherwise, or greasy sensation. Blue-Emu does not clog my pores. . .

I think she must work for Ben Gay, Icy Hot, Aspercreme, or one of those pain relief patch companies?

Why else would someone pretend to know so little yet try to reveal so much?

I recently was introduced to Blue-Emu from my physical therapist. I had a knee replacement operation in November 2005. I also have minor arthritis. The physical therapist used blue cream from a 4 ounce jar. I was amazed at how quickly the pain disappeared. Right after doing excercises the pain is bad. That day it went away thanks to Blue-Emu. I have since quit taking asprin or ibuprofen daily. I use Blue-Emu instead twice a day on sunny days, three times a day when its cloudy. Thanks Blue-Emu. Let all the husbands of the world keep a jar near at hand.
Feb 14, 2006
8:00 pm PST

Listen to the Husband. . .He Knows Best
by holworks

Did she gob it on knowing she was allergic to menthol or another component?

If not, why not?

First time ever putting something like that on her skin?

Why else would someone pretend to know so little yet try to reveal so much?

Feb 14, 2006
7:52 pm PST

Wow...Emu did to to you.
by bntowen
I hear about this product on the radio, so I had to read the review. Man, was this fun to read and very informative. An awesome blend. Sorry about the knee.

Brado
Jul 4, 2004
9:53 pm PDT

Non-Comedogenic?
by michiman1
Not sure what this means... Sounds like "Not Funny"

Mark
Jan 20, 2004
5:26 pm PST

Seeing Red Over Blue Emu
by sallyg8
Having bad joints and sever migraines, I am always reading up and considering new/old pain relievers, but always with caution.

I had heard of this before, but not enough to try it. Now I know what can happen.

Sallyg~Heidi

Ick!

HR
Jan 12, 2004
11:34 am PST

Eeeks, A Product I'll Avoid!
by kcfoxy
DCS,

Looking at the product list I'm guessing a reaction between the Vitamin A and the urea, (and you know what that latter is). The local irritation of the Vitamin A would usually be minor, felt only as heat, a flushing or slight ruddiness, but coupled with the protein and acidity of the urea, which also has the action of keeping the gel/cream/goo suspended with any body moisture....um, uh huh, yeah, ow!

It's the glycerine I am allergic to, so those confounded chemistry class type ingredients lists are good to know...at least the likely culprits. Btw: My Other Half experienced something similiar to your...burn...after using an arthritis balm then foolishly falling asleep with a heating pad in place.

Be well and happy in 2004!

xoxoxo Moi
Jan 3, 2004
9:52 am PST

Good grief!
by Penguinlady
That sounds like what happens to me when Betadine is left on my skin for more than about five minutes. Nothing is worth it - I know whereof you speak! Hope all is healed by now -

Margaret

test test test
12:47 pm PST

Owie
by logimom
My word, it sounds like someone was trying to pull you through the gates of Hell, feet first!

I am rather curious as to exactly which part of the emu they squeeze to get the oil...

Glad you have healed, learned, and shared. I don't want any of this stuff!

Donna
Jan 1, 2004
3:44 am PST

Menthol?
by siddhar
I am confused about the review of the Super Strength Blue-Emu cream...it has no menthol, no warming feeling. In fact, this product has a rather non-descript smell and when applied, doesn't cause a warming sensation. Maybe the warming you felt was from the allergic reaction you experienced? I wonder if the product you used was different from the one listed as reviewed. I use the product on myself (daily) for shoulder tendonitis, as well as on my clients (I am a massage therapist who specializes in rehabilitation..and I also work on horses!). I have extremely sensitive skin, and am reactive to many skin products on the market, but not this one. Many of the horses I work on are thin skinned, sensitive Thoroubreds that will NOT tolerate anything that tingles or warms..which is why I use this product. It would be dangerous for me to use anything on them that caused them to experience a menthol-like sensation, or one that could possibly blister their skin. In truth, I LOVE this product, and frequently recommend it to my clients for their home use. I have never had them complain of any of the symptoms you experienced. I am so sad to read that it didn't work for you, it has proven very effective for everyone I know.
Dec 31, 2003
10:15 pm PST

WOW
by criteeker
Mine eyes have seen the glory... of the ending of the writer's block!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeee
6:45 pm PST

I'm getting desparate
by ifif1938
for some pain relief in my hip,leg, back, I think I'd take a chance on this but, then again, I dont know..Maybe I'll mention it to my doctor when I see him next week..Pain really does take the fun out of everything doesn't it??:(

I'm glad you are better and have recovered from the bad effects...

Have a happy, healthier and safe New Year..
Hugs,
Barbara
5:22 pm PST

Hello
by Dinday
Hello to Pogomom and all Epinions denizens. Hmmmm. Pogo sports 176 Epinions. I have 49 last I looked (3 years ago). Uhhh, lessee. 176 minus 49... ummm carry the 3, uhhh, lots more than me. Gotta do sumtim bout dat. :-) Sympathies to Lady Cynic and Pogo. I think we're all getting old.

Brian
4:00 pm PST

Re: Oops
by KMINER
ditto - that's what my Mom uses, and my husband is a Physical Therapist and that's what he uses on patients (we've had it at the house also)

Kimm :)
6:58 pm PST

Oh, dear
by lorace
Did you happen to try some ant poison? Oh, Helen, what an awful thing.

Glad you recovered, and I will definitely pass on this.

Great article, much needed and I am sure the emus didn't mean to hurt you. Hmmm?

Luv,
Lorace
5:20 pm PST

Oops
by Suzer
Sorry this "natural" product was such a natural disaster. Have I mentioned Biofreeze to you before? Love the stuff: http://www.biofreeze.com

Suz

(P.S. I own no stock in the product)
8:47 am PST

"smarminess"
by Freak369, Freak369 is an Advisor on Epinions in Wellness & Beauty
Even if you wrote nothing else ... using the word "smarminess" is enough to get a VH from me.

I wonder if this is the same thing that was also marketed as "The Blue Goo" a few years back but had to change its name due to some legal issues. I'll stick with my DMSO and crushed up aspirin for minor aches ... this stuff sounds like it needs to be taken off the market.

^V^ Freak ^V^
8:45 am PST

I feel your pain!!! Literally
by Mimi369
When I was 7 months pregnant with my first born, I put liquid HEET on my legs because they hurt. Initially, it felt great...within an hour there was intense burning...called the ER and they told me to sleep with ice packs tied to my legs! By morning relief had come, but there were blisters and actual burns everywhere the stuff had touched!

I will NEVER forget that intense pain. I am glad that you have warned others...and I am sorry that this happened to you, my friend.
Mimi
10:09 pm PST

Yikes!!!
by MumMumMum
I had a somewhat similar experience with a lotion that my doctor prescribed last week. I felt better after the initial application, and was able to move for the first time in days....after a little while I started getting warmer, and warmer and warmer, until I actually went outside into the below freezing temps, and started fanning my back with my shirt to cool myself down...it was burning like crazy! I never used that cream again!!

Glad you're feeling better!

Bev
5:57 pm PST

Eeeekkk!
by bops_mom, bops_mom is a Lead on Epinions in Wellness & Beauty
I will pass without question. My skin is so sensitive.... yikes. So glad you recovered. :|

Melissa
5:56 pm PST

Re: Glad you are okay!
by pogomom
Hi Dawn!

It took about two weeks before I could forget about that episode due to that odd reaction. I'm fine now and thank you so much for asking!

Hope your holidays are happy ones!

xoxox Helen
2:33 pm PST

Re: I would not try it
by pogomom
Hi Bonnie:

Yes, Paul and I both found the cream brought about almost immediate though temporary relief of pain each time it was applied. The side effect I suffered kept me from using it again but Paul does use it when needed. There is no cumulative effect with Blu-Emu, you rub it on and by the time feel the warmth (a few minutes) minor relief begins. To keep that feeling of relief from waning, you simply apply it every few hours.

Make sense?

xoxox Helen
2:32 pm PST

I would not try it
by bonniesayers
I never heard of this stuff before, but it does have a catchy name. I do not think I would have waited the 20 minutes before dressing though since I am impatient.

Did Equal Half need to use this more than one time for his results?

Thanks for sharing the warnings.

Happy New Year
Bonnie
10:26 am PST

Glad you are okay!
by dlstewart

Thank you for the excellent review. I hope you are mended and 100% okay now.

Take care,