Maximum Strength Upset Stomach Reliever / Antidiarrheal

~~Pink stuff is for girls right?~~Well, maybe....

Nov 2, 2001

Pros:Works great

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Works great. Can be given to kids and they will really take it!

I can remember the FIRST time I had that funky pink stuff. I tasted like peppermints. Not bad but I was about 8 with a very upset tummy (along with the poopies) and Mamaw knew just what to give me. It was the original Pepto Bismol. That was great then but as an adult sometimes I need a little more strength. Maximum Strength Pepto Bismol fits the bill.

Maximum Strength Pepto Bismol is much stronger than the original Pepto Bismol and it works much faster. It seems to calm my heartburn instantly. The size I bought was 12 FL OZ. Maximum Strength Pepto Bismol also comes in 4 and 8 ounce bottles. The bottle is plastic and that has been great considering I have dropped it a few times!

The top is child proof but my kids can actually get it open faster than I can. I get my husband to tear off the little "cap guards as I call them. I do not advocate anyone doing this unless you feel comfortable doing this. My kids are teens and do not take medicine unless I know about it so I am comfortable taking the guards off.

Maximum Strength Pepto Bismol is used to sooth an upset stomach, nausea, indigestion, heartburn and diarrhea. Maximum Strength Pepto Bismol works by coating your stomach and slowing down the production of stomach acid. (well that is what my doc said anyway! all I know is it works great!)

Here are the facts ma'am, just the facts from the pretty pink and burgandy wrapper!

Active Ingredient: Bismuth Subsalicylate (525 mg) per Tablespoon.
This is an upset stomach and antidiarrheal medicine

Directions

Shake well before using.

Adult Dosages 2 tablespoons
Children 9 to 12 1 tablespoon
Children 6 to 9 2 teaspoons
Children 3 to 6 1 teaspoon
Children under 3 Ask your doctor

You may repeat dosage hourly if needed up to a maximum of 4 doses in a 24 hour period. You need to drink plenty of fluids if you have diarrhea to prevent dehydration.

Warnings
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu should not use this medicine to treat vomiting or nausea. These may be signs of Rye Syndrome which is a serious but rare illness.

This product contains Salicylates. If taken with aspirin and your ears start to ring, STOP TAKING IT IMMEDIATELY and call your doctor. Maximum Strength Pepto Bismol does not contain aspirin but if you allergic to aspirin do not use as you may have a really bad reaction. (I do not understand this but it is on the bottle)

If you are sick for more than 2 days with fever and diarrhea, call your doctor. Also if you are pregnant or nursing please check with your doctor as well.

Drug interactions

If you are taking medicines for anticoagulation (blood thinners), diabetes or gout check with your doctor BEFORE taking Maximum Strength Pepto Bismol.

Pepto Bismol Trivia.

Pepto Bismol was first made in New York by a local doctor in his home. At the beginning of the 20th Century many many children died from “cholera infantum” which is severe diarrhea and vomitting. Most parents had to let the illness run its course but 20% of the children died. Knowing there had to be a better way the doctor went to work trying to find a medicine. His mixture consisted of pepsin, bismuth salicylate, zinc salts, salol and oil of wintergreen. Added to the mixture was a colorant to make it pink. His medicine was originally called "Mixture Cholera Infantum".

Pepto Bismol used to be sold in drugstores in individual doses. The bottle was glass with a "plug" for a cap. In 1919 is was officially given the name of Pepto Bismol.

Any questions or comments may be directed to Proctor and Gamble at 1-800-717-3786. Proctor and Gamble is located in Cincinnati, OH, 45202. They also have a tie dedicated to the "pink stuff" at http://www.pepto-bismol.com. If you get a chance go visit. The Pepto Bismol trivia is really interesting!

Copyright © 2001, Janeen Garner. All Rights Reserved. Posting in no way grants receivers any privileges, rights, or licenses, with the exception of granting to Epinions a license to (a) display online and offline and permit others (including without limitation Epinions' syndication, co-brand and content partners) to do the same, and (b) display "teaser" portions online or offline and permit others to do the same as long as such use complies with US Law concerning Fair Use. For reprint permission, please contact the author at neen@centurytel.net.

Equate Maximum Strength Antidiarrheal/upset Stomach Reliever, 12 Fl Oz

Equate Maximum Strength Antidiarrheal/upset Stomach Reliever, 12 Fl Oz

Equate Maximum Strength Upset Stomach Reliever is designed to provide relief from an upset stomach that is associated with nausea, heartburn, indigest...

Equate Maximum Strength Antidiarrheal/Upset Stomach Reliever, 12 fl oz

Equate Maximum Strength Antidiarrheal/Upset Stomach Reliever, 12 fl oz

Pepto-Bismol Upset Stomach Reliever Maximum Strength 8 fl oz

Pepto-Bismol Upset Stomach Reliever Maximum Strength 8 fl oz

Relieves:Traveler's diarrheaDiarrheaUpset Stomach due to over-indulgence in food and drink, including:HeartburnIndigestionNauseaGasBelching

Pepto-bismol Original Wintergreen Upset Stomach Reliever/anti-diarrhea,16oz,2pk

Pepto-bismol Original Wintergreen Upset Stomach Reliever/anti-diarrhea,16oz,2pk

Relieve your upset stomach with Pepto-Bismol Original Wintergreen Upset Stomach Reliever. This stomach reliever takes care of five different symptoms ...

Pepto-Bismol Original Wintergreen Upset Stomach Reliever/Anti-diarrhea, 16 oz each, 2ct

Kaopectate Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever Vanilla 8 fl oz

Kaopectate Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever Vanilla 8 fl oz

Kaopectate Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever Vanilla -- 8 fl oz

Kaopectate Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever Peppermint 8 fl oz

Kaopectate Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever Peppermint 8 fl oz

Kaopectate Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever Peppermint -- 8 fl oz

Kaopectate Peppermint Anti-diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever 8 Fluide Ounce

Kaopectate Peppermint Anti-diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever 8 Fluide Ounce

- Brand NEW items - FREE standard shipping - Easy returns NEW Kaopectate Peppermint Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever 8 fluide Ounce Our price $14...

Upset Stomach